Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should there be an Mlp store?

ManaMinori

Brick and mortar, like the Sanrio store, Disney Store, Pokemon store...

And sell things that aren't put in other store's toy aisles? Like mlp store speciic merch- and ponies of all generations?

I would love this, and would hit up my local mall much more often if an MLP store landed there (and in many other people's malls)

• Brohoof 4

I would blow an entire paycheck in one day. :D

But yeah, I would totally be down for an MLP store. Whenever I go to Hot Topic, they never have XL MLP shirts. And maybe I could FINALLY get a Brony snapback.

• Brohoof 2

This would be pretty awesome, at the very least for an online store. Just have an official store with tons of stuff, including potential fan made items. That could be a win-win if done correctly. If the licensing wouldn't be an issue, which could be inevitable. 

• Brohoof 3

Sounds like a huge waste of money. MLP is no where near as big as Disney or Pokemon. I mean, not even things like Star Wars or Star Trek have their own stores, and those are leagues bigger than MLP

Best thing to hope for is a Hasbro store featuring some MLP merch., which will probably be only available in Rhode Island or a big city like New York

• Brohoof 5

online might work, brick and mortar is a terrible idea because they are getting driven out of business by ebay, amazon and all the other online retailers, think about all the merch you would have to sell to pay for all the overhead of a physical store,several thousand a month in rent, then commercial electric, water,phone,internet,taxes, heat,ect.

online might work, brick and mortar is a terrible idea because they are getting driven out of business by ebay, amazon and all the other online retailers, think about all the merch you would have to sell to pay for all the overhead of a physical store,several thousand a month in rent, then commercial electric, water,phone,internet,taxes, heat,ect.

Ya this is the problem today. Personally I hate shopping online. I hate buying something I can't pick up and feel and look at. I hate spending my money and having to wait several days if not weeks to get it. Then I can't easily return it when it invariably doesn't match the online photo. It sucks. But having said that, I can't find shit in stores anymore. Best buy hasn't had the cord or adapter I needed in at least 5 years. If I need something, somehow all of a sudden that item doesn't exist in a store for 700 miles. Or its sold completely out. So I feel forced to buy online most of the time. Dang it I can find absolutely anything I need. But I dont like it.

Edited by Lexamena
  • Brohoof 2

Ya this is the problem today. Personally I hate shopping online. I hate buying something I can't pick up and feel and look at. I hate spending my money and having to wait several days if not weeks to get it. Then I can't easily return it when it invariably doesn't match the online photo. It sucks. But having said that, I can't find shit in stores anymore. Best buy hasn't had the cord or adapter I needed in at least 5 years. If I need something, somehow all of a sudden that item doesn't exist in a store for 700 miles. Or its sold completely out. So I feel forced to buy online most of the time. Dang it I can find absolutely anything I need. But I dont like it.

that's also a problem, stores don't carry much of anything anymore,every time I go out looking for something they never have it,and when you ask about it they say "we can order it,or you can go online to buy it" like why did I waste time and gas driving to town then? not only that but stuff is usually WAY cheaper online even factoring in the shipping. I don't even shop flea markets anymore because everyone wants what it costs new online so it's cheaper to stay home and not burn the gas

that's also a problem, stores don't carry much of anything anymore,every time I go out looking for something they never have it,and when you ask about it they say "we can order it,or you can go online to buy it" like why did I waste time and gas driving to town then? not only that but stuff is usually WAY cheaper online even factoring in the shipping. I don't even shop flea markets anymore because everyone wants what it costs new online so it's cheaper to stay home and not burn the gas

That's very true and so that's what people are doing. It's not a matter of finding what you need, it's a matter of settling for what is on the shelf. Maybe my city sucks (it's the biggest city in my state) but the items in our stores are terrible horrible and awful. I just cannot find anything, and its not like I need rare things! I'm talking an adapter of some kind or a popular book or a particular piece of furniture or a rug that fits my taste or whatever, it's just never there. I needed a huge plastic gift sack for a present too big to wrap...nothing at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Hallmark, Lowe's, Toys r us, Hobby lobby or Michaels. Had to order online. Granted I found it after the fact at Dollar Tree but dang it I'd tried 8 stores already!

the best idea imo would be a hasbro store! cause it would be a majority of mlp and then also stuff from transformers, lps, etc and it could actually be a pretty big store. either that or something online. one thing that bugs me about mlp merch is how UNORGANISED it is! at least if there was an official store it was coming from there would be specific release dates and idk....something official to catalogue allll the different types of merch that there is.

• Brohoof 1

I think actual shopping is better tan buying oline, though. It's faster, and you don't need to wait however many days for it to show up, or deal with lost, late, or damaged goods from the shippig companies, or stolen card info from online hackers.

Why anyone would want to buy anything online is beyond me. Pony physical store all the way, man.

I think actual shopping is better tan buying oline, though. It's faster, and you don't need to wait however many days for it to show up, or deal with lost, late, or damaged goods from the shippig companies, or stolen card info from online hackers.

Why anyone would want to buy anything online is beyond me. Pony physical store all the way, man.

that's great except stores don't carry much stuff anymore and stuff tends to be way cheaper online, I'll gladly wait a few days to get something for way less than a regular store,if it gets broken then i just open a case and either get a refund or a replacment, and as for stolen credit card data that can happen anywhere you swipe a card not just online, they can even steal your info right out of your pocket with a little scanner, credit/debit cards are not as secure as you think. i like to shop to but i still wind up buying alot of it online just because it is cheaper. I hate having to go to a store and have them order stuff! you drive all the way to town and they order it for you "you hope they actually do anyway" then you have to make another trip all the way back to get it 

• Brohoof 1

If such a store existed, I'd be broke.

But I don't exactly see how this could happen. An online store would work so much more efficiently. Maybe if an online store made enough money, physical stores could start being made.

Yes, but since there are anti-bronies in the world it'll have to have a bomb shelter in the modern day.

That's kind of exaggerated. There's anti-everything. There's anti-Disney, and that doesn't stop them. I don't think if a Pony store opens, the anti-bronies will riot, destroy the store and commit murther. 

• Brohoof 3

I realize that MLP probably isn't big enough to support an entire physical store, like Disney, but sweet Celestia I'd wish someone would do this.  I want a physical MLP store so much.  This would be the best thing ever.  If I was an entrepreneur with loose cash, I would start an MLP store myself.  And it would be filled with bronies debating headcanons, doing verbal battle like nerds in a comic book store, and complaining about how none of the Applejack toys come with a hat.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be better for a Hasbro store. we love FiM, but let's face it, it's not big enough to warrant it's own store. Plus, there are bigger franchises without their own store. 

• Brohoof 1

Brick and mortar, like the Sanrio store, Disney Store, Pokemon store...

And sell things that aren't put in other store's toy aisles? Like mlp store speciic merch- and ponies of all generations?

I would love this, and would hit up my local mall much more often if an MLP store landed there (and in many other people's malls)

Hi, as this thread is not about the show but about a store that might sell merch, I have decided to move it to the Pony Merch section of Sugarcube Corner.
  • Brohoof 1