Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Watching mlp with your parents.

Yeah ok

First of all i don't know if this is the right section to put it in. but i think it might be.

Has anyone watched mlp with their parents? If so how did you bring it up? They know I'm a brony but I want to show them the show but it seems weird just going up to them and saying "hey can we watch my little pony" I don't know if this is making any sense but if you have any experience then please can you share.

Once again I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thank you for any replies. 

• Brohoof 2

Eh, I haven't watched MLP with either of my parents. My dad is rather dismissive of it, but he's not offended by it. He kinda just accepted my weirdness and moved on. My mom actually seems somewhat interested in the show, I might invite her to watch an episode or two with me...

I don't think, that my parents would enjoy the show like me.

I love disney and pixar, but my mother doesn't.

She isn't interrested at all for the "children" stories of theses films.

My father isn't a person, with i like to share my thoughts, or what i love.

Sound rather sad, but so I'm thinking.

Both of parents offered to watch the show with me the week I had a big knee surgery and both weren't completely interested. I didn't necessarily ask, but they at least watched it with me. Neither of them really cared.

If you want to watch it with your parents, just ask them to. Just say something like ,"I know you're not interested in it, but I'd really like it if you'd watch an episode with me." Be kind and if they say no, try again another time.

I got into a habit of watching it daily a few years ago, despite already watching them all online, because a kids channel was showing it every week day at 3pm. My mum would get home around 2, I'd leave for work at 4 and they showed 2 episodes, so she would be sat there watching it with me, but not with me with me. She would just shake her head and roll her eyes that I was watching it at all.

I have never watched MLP with my parents.

I'm 21 years old and I have my own interests now. They don't care which TV shows I watch.

I watched an episode while visiting my parents a while ago. Mom was in and out, doing mom things, but did say that the characters looked really cute! She already knew a bit about the show, and still has a Rarity on her car rear view mirror that I gave her from the first time McDonald's had MLPFIM toys. 

:pinkie:

My mom watches a little bit when she walks in the room. She's the only person who knows I watch the show, and she's fine with it. All her reactions are positive. She usually laughs at the jokes and compliments the songs, so I'm guessing that's a good sign. ;p

@

Just letting you know I moved your thread to Sugarcube Corner as it is more of a fandom question. :)

• Brohoof 1

My mother did watch the show once before, we watched it together then, she did this on her own decision too as she was curious. She quite liked it, though I will admit I was feeling a bit awkward at first watching it with her, but that feeling went away. Never watched it with my dad though, then again I don't watch anything with him anymore. I am happy that my mom was so open to it. :)

I try not to. My mom pretends to like it for my brother's sake, but I can tell she isn't pleased when I put it on. My dad openly hates it.

Sometimes, when he ticks me off, I'll play a few episodes to spite him.

I haven't watched it with them, and I would never want to watch it with them either.

The only reason they'd watch it would be so they can sit there and insult it (and me for liking it), and I'd rather not subject myself to such torment.

My mother was kind of dismissive of the show when I first told her, but she saw the ABC news report on bronies and was shocked. She didn't realize there are so many fans and now she seems more likely to actually watch it.

Have watched episodes with both parents on a couple occasions.  Neither really cared about it any way as far as could be told, though they were able to choose favorite ponies..  Can't recall who, though..  Dad's is Twilight?  Bet if they opened their hearts, though, they could find it'd be a nice, casual watch for them- like a sitcom.  while it's enthralling to the rest of us, ke.