Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you and your boyfriend/girlfriend have nicknames for each other?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

You ever been talking with the love of your life and randomly, out of nowhere, you two call each a rather cute little nickname that just sticks? While some might view nicknames like that to be childish or something along those lines, I find them to be really fun and cute. :3 

So with that in mind, do you and your girlfriend/boyfriend have these types of nicknames for each other? 

Me and my boyfriend, @ actually came up with names for each on day 1 of our relationship. He calls me Nuzzlefuzzles and I call him CUddlywubbins. :catface: While those might sound odd to everyone else, I love them. ^___^

• Brohoof 6

Umm, do names like "Dork", "Goof", and "Goober" count? What about nicknames intentionally designed to be annoying, like how my girlfriend will call me "Skittles" if she wants to tick me off (there's a whole story behind that one)?

Other than that, I don't have much to offer here. I suppose the aforementioned girlfriend will also refer to me as a cinnamon bun on occasion (there's another whole story to that one), and that's kinda cute, and my boyfriend will usually cute-ify my name by changing it from Rose to Rosie, and there's lots of generic "hun", "sweetie", etc use.

(Also, yes you read that right. I have two partners. That's a thing. #PolyLife)

Aww no, they usually called me "Tav" back in the day. Those were the days!

I usually called them "babybutt" because of their silky hair, smooth like a babies bun? A babies cheek but be less weird but I'm really random so that wouldn't make sense for me.

I also call them "gullefjun" which means... Cutiefluff? Sorta. Because they're cute af.

That's strange enough nicknames.

I call her 'miep', 'miepie', or 'cutie', and she calls me the same. Usually she's the one using cutie and I'm the one saying miepie, but it tends to change several times a day.

I've been flirting lately. I call her 'Disaster'. She doesn't call me anything though 'cuz she's just a sudden event such as an accident or natural catastrophe that causes great damage or loss of life.

Well, when I HAD a girlfriend, I just called her by a shorter version of her name. My brother started calling her "a vicious tiger", because she would act "catty" around him. And I'm unoriginal, so I adopted "Tiger" as a nickname for her. :P

• 3 years later...

I call my main man The Hub, and he calls me KayJay, which is a nickname my cousin gave me, based on my first and middle initials, and it stuck. Now everybody calls me by the same nickname.

• Brohoof 1

I like calling her either Harley (after Harley Quinn) or Bella (after Bellatrix Lestrange), since she finds kindred spirits in both characters.

It's weird to most people (and seems to freak a few of them out), but then again my girlfriend and I are really strange people. But we love each other anyway. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I like calling him "hon" or "honey" (because it rolls out of my head and off the tongue well) and he calls me "sweetie" or a variant of that. We are pretty conventional in that sense but not in others :P

Though we rarely call ourselves by our nicknames when we see each other IRL. :huh: