Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you think the world will look like in 2070

Lithophila

That's not my argument though, that was just me sharing something I find inspiring with @,.

Ok, I'll admit that I was wrong. So here's another post where you used him as evidence that humanity wants to live,

I'm at a loss to explain it further. We came that close to nuclear war, and humanity as represented by Petrov investigated because he didn't want it. When we're at the line, humanity wants to live.

Ok, I'll admit that I was wrong. So here's another post where you used him as evidence that humanity wants to live,

And as you pointed out, he was in the minority in that so he didn't represent the common man. Point taken and hence, not evidence of my argument.

• Brohoof 1

Let me rephrase that. You can't use one guy as evidence that humans want to live when everybody else would have created world war 3. Is that better?

I have no real idea what was going through Petrov's mind, but I need to add that everyone else probably won't know what was going in other people's minds either, because we're not this person or that one.

I won't say that humanity is the best, but simply assuming every person would do X sounds more pessimistic than "realist". A realist would admit that as much as there are warmongering people there are also people who are actively anti-war (or have we forgotten about these people for the last several decades?).

You can assume that human nature follows some ideas, but claiming they are set to do some one big action?

And I'll restate that a realist doesn't automatically treat humans like assholes, as I can see from the last few pages, because that pretty much contradicts how realists should see the world: a complicated mixture of morals and ideas that you can't even claim as "evil" or "good", and being aware of that existence like what most realist historians do.

• Brohoof 3

I have no real idea what was going through Petrov's mind, but I need to add that everyone else probably won't know what was going in other people's minds either, because we're not this person or that one.

You know who else claimed that everyone else* would have reported it? That's right, Petrov himself

*when I say "everyone else" I mean all of Petrov's colleagues. 

Human nature is very fickle in that we are both self centered and cooperative. In other words either nature and liberty take hold and people make some world changing mistakes or cooperation becomes encouraged and evolved letting us fix, deter, and improve on individual decisions so that they have less or no consequences. Right now we have a sort of balance between the two, which leads me to believe that the world could lean either way slightly or not at all. As long as this balance is in place, no major things will change for either good or bad, but as soon as either of these two traits become the larger major events start happening.

Of course, one couldn't use this argument effectively because there are so many other influencing factors and details to take into account concerning human nature. It truly is nearly impossible to tell what the future holds, so instead we take both extremes and try to find a median of the two. Extremes representing possible good changes vs possible bad changes.

• Brohoof 1

Jaysus, you all have such deep thoughts...

Based on what I've seen and read (all fictional), I'll sum up 2 simple answers:

GOOD ENDING

God decided to reincarnated Steve Jobs and Gandhi, we get more cool tech, less violence, less poverty, less corrupt politicians, friendlier youtube comments, less flame wars, less fandom wars, people learn to love and share, and the sky will be covered with rainbow and smiles. Lovely. Just Lovely.

BAD ENDING

Since there are far too many ways for the future to go awry, I'm gonna list them into sub-sections (feel free to add your thoughts)

World War III

Either Kim and Obama decided to raise hell, or some idiot decided to revive Nazi terrorism; All hell will be set loose when you are called to join the army. Wait....dang, we gotta go find John Cena, Dwayne Johnson or something....

Apocalypse

Imagine all you want, from The Walking Dead to Terminator, X-men:DOFP, or even Mad Max, the apocalypse theory will always be part of any good Hollywood movie.

Wasteland

Guess Dr.Seuss and his Lorax WAS trying to warn us after all...Better start finding those hippies now.

Environmental Change

Yeah...,the 2012 film wasn't that good.

I apologize if this didn't answer your question or wasn't what you were expecting, I just got a little creative =P

Roundish.  Slightly egg-shaped.

Ha, you made me laugh there =)

Edited by RyaN_
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 years later...
(edited)

Lol I probably won’t be around then :wacko: .

Hmm

Hard to say. First off, did we listen to the scientists about the Earth, or did we choose to ignore them?

Assuming they were wrong or we were better safe than sorry,...

I wonder what airplanes would be like then :wacko: . Also what cities have grown and which have shrunk, is Apple still around? Is there just one super-massive conglomerate government/corporate superpower like Buy and Large in Wall-E :ooh: ? Are we all going to space :yay: ? Hopefully not like in that movie...

Also I wonder if we’ve colonized other worlds then. With the way technology is expanding, I wonder what seemingly impossible things now we’d be able to do then.

Is cancer cured? Is AIDS cured? Are we much more capable of accelerating vaccines for outbreaks then?

What about the food we eat :wacko: ? Organic still or largely moved towards synthetic for the sake of keeping up with population growth? Is meat still meat or are slaughterhouses a thing of the past? (Probably not)

Edited by BBolt ⚡️

I'll be most likely be..dead.

The world I think could either turn out cyberpunk or perhaps more of an dump than it is today

As things are now... only ruin awaits.

Maybe, if things could be different, if people can make a better today or tomorrow, the world will be bright and colorful. Two paths to take. I hope for a colorful, bright world where we can be free and good management, but if we can't do that, maybe this is what we deserve.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

No idea. I’ll find out when and if I get there. :Pharynx:

Aww don't say "if"

You'll most likely be around by then

Unlike me, with my unhealthy af lifestyle, I'd be dead by 40 :dry:

As for my dream 2070, it'll be a world rules by me, the Princess of Bolts

As for my realistic view, 2070 would be one of many years marking the end of humanity, as we succumb to problems like global warming and running out of resources. Basically we succumb to out own mistakes and will be extinct before the end of the century

Just now, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Aww don't say "if"

You'll most likely be around by then

Unlike me, with my unhealthy af lifestyle, I'd be dead by 40 :dry:

As for my dream 2070, it'll be a world rules by me, the Princess of Bolts

As for my realistic view, 2070 would be one of many years marking the end of humanity, as we succumb to problems like global warming and running out of resources. Basically we succumb to out own mistakes and will be extinct before the end of the century

I could always DIE an early age. :awwthanks:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Tbf I could drop dead rn, so lol I tend to ignore the fact that you may DIE at an early stage. 

Well I’m really stupid so I’ll most likely die earlier. So I guess we’re both kinda screwed. :P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lucky Bolt said:

Well I’m really stupid so I’ll most likely die earlier. So I guess we’re both kinda screwed. :P

It's nice that I'm not the only one.

I'm so much of a Derpy that no doubt I'll get myself killed early too :derp:

I suspect most of the world would be heavily developed and light polluted. Stargazing will be something you read about in the history books.

• Brohoof 1

We gotta lot to figure out before I believe it’ll be good.   

For me.  I’ll be 77 then.  I probably will not care what’s going on by then, or I’ll be dead. 

• Brohoof 4

Don't know about the world but I've a feeling the US will do a 180, to some degree, and be more traditional and conservative than it is today. In fact, I think we've been seeing the beginning of that "180" since 2016 with the election of Trump and Brexit (although that's Britain). Oh, and the nationalist populist right has been winning big in European elections. So maybe we will be seeing a resurgence of traditional Western Civilization at large.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I swear, you say the same things my sister says. She tells me she's stupid too.

• Brohoof 1