Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Manehattan Project Update #26: Welcome to 2016 - Looking for Image Artists &

Novel Idea

A very happy new year to all of you!

We here at the Manehattan Project hope that the holidays treated you well. As for us, ironically half of us were sick during most of them and the other half spent a bit more time in Fallout 4 when we should have been working in GoE. Such is the way of gamers. But don't worry, we're almost completely back on track. We've made some internal changes to the way we're handling the workload that should bring things to fruition much sooner.

At the moment, I'm happy to say that we even have a general goal for launch. While we're not ready to share that just yet, know that this is coming. Soon, the Manehattan Project will invite you to head back to New Pegasus and save two worlds.

It's in that vein that I'm here today. We have a couple important openings I'm sure you will be interested in.

ArtistThe MLP and Fallout: Equestria community is filled with gifted and talented artists. Thankfully, many folks have given us permission to use their material, giving us the opportunity to create some truly awesome customized items for GoE 1. But there's still a lot of work to do. We're looking for someone with experience in GIMP, Photoshop or a similar program. It doesn't need to be extensive. There are two sides of our artistic endeavors:

• Retextures: We're looking for folks who are adept at changing existing in-game elements to fit the FO:E asthetic. For example, you would change the primary image file for the signs says "Overseer" to "Overmare." There are a lot of little changes that need to be made and we need someone to make this happen. We're also looking for people to create higher-resolution versions of the existing material (such as foodstuffs and drinks).
  • Original Artwork: We're also looking for individuals to create original artwork for the various skill books, magazines, Ministry posters and other Fallout: Equestria-style material. We need them to be high-resolution (at least at Fallout 4's level) so we can reuse them for GoE 2. There's a lot of freedom in this role, but we do have a few critical projects. You'll be working hand-in-hand with our Lead Artist, Littlepip/FancyCat. In addition, if you already have some art like this (or know of people with art like this), please let us know in the comments!

PMV/Visualizer/YouTube Effects Artist (After Effects): This is a completely new position we're just announcing today! We're looking for someone with some minor experience in After Effects. We have several big trailer projects (including a totally epic Launch Trailer for GoE 1) along with our music announcements. Heck, if you want to even add some cool effects to the audiobook videos, that would be great! All you need to have is After Effects and a willingness to make epic things.

Those are the two big roles we have open at the moment. If you're interested, please drop us an application!

Thanks to Reddit, we have our new Calamity tentatively cast already. Polyphonic is over the moon about this potential candidate. In addition, massive work has been done on the Rock Farm Sector 3.

Let me just say that the Rock Farm is by far the most complex and ambitious level I've ever designed. It's utterly MASSIVE. (It's six stories tall with numerous labs and facilities on each level!). There's an enormous amount of custom material. I've actually created unique Maneframes for the Ministry of Arcane Science, the Ministry of Technology and joint MAS/MWT Maneframes for this, complete with custom glow colors and actual ministry logos. That's all with a completely recolored purple glow version of the glowing blue utility set from "Old World Blues."

It's epic. Seriously.

That's all we have for this week. But now that the holidays are over, the kid gloves are coming off. We're making this happen. We're going to give you an awesome reason to head back to New Pegasus...and make you wonder just what we have in store for you in GoE 2 in Buckston.

Until next week folks, have fun and stay safe!

-Novel Idea

• Brohoof 1