Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Aren't rain storms and tornados just a myth?

3k932jd22328jdsf

Everything is fine I just find it extremely ironic that this kind of real weather is happening in southern California it is sunny literally year round. I thought the west coast was supposed to have great weather all year round thats literally why a house in California will be literally about 10 times the price of a house in Texas well plus the beach and up until this point its never rained this hard here in my lifetime. You see there are two types of rain California rain and Real rain. lol I am just surprised that it is happening in southern California I even got a warning message on my phone to be on the look out for tornados in southern California of all places lol. Believe it or not there is normally a street underneath this road. Sorry the picks were so bad I just had to get home as soon as possible before the cars engine stalled out like the many people I passed by on the way who had their emergency lights on so I kinda just had to pull out my phone real quick and take it which I hate doing because I am an amateur photographer for fun some times.

post-36088-0-07774800-1452216295_thumb.jpg

See look this is a road

post-36088-0-76676400-1452216351_thumb.jpg

I'm just so confused this sort of weather is literally a once in a life time event in southern California seriously tornado alerts and flash floods what the heck is this I have been used to sunshine all my life here including winter. literally I heard the last time there was a storm here was 1997. That moment when California gets real weather for the first time in nearly 20 years and everyone is like rain what is rain I thought rain was a myth jk.

Edited by Emerald Meteor
  • Brohoof 1

I just came from California X3 it's too bad I never got to experience it.

Here in my country, it rains... A Lot... Easily having floods 2ft in height every year. o_o

I was born in the 619, and my dad lived there most his life. He told me the last time there was that much extreme flooding was back in the 80's. My grandmas back yard was totally submerged. She hates anything below 50 degrees. 

That's El Nino for ya. I'm not complaining. El Nino has allowed us folks here in Wisconsin to have a mild winter. 40s & 50s throughout December. And only two instances of cumulative snowfall. The weekend is gonna bring some rain, hopefully melt all this crap before it gets down to the teens on Sunday. Still, much better weather than last year. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thats the first flash floos I've ever seen first hand idk were your living in California but I get drops of waterraining down a few times a year normally.

@Denim&Venom

"I was born in the 619, and my dad lived there most his life. He told me the last time there was that much extreme flooding was back in the 80's. My grandmas back yard was totally submerged. She hates anything below 50 degrees.

That's El Nino for ya. I'm not complaining. El Nino has allowed us folks here in Wisconsin to have a mild winter. 40s & 50s throughout December. And only two instances of cumulative snowfall. The weekend is gonna bring some rain, hopefully melt all this crap before it gets down to the teens on Sunday. Still, much better weather than last year."

I know how they feel I hate weather below 60 degrees Fahrenheit the last snowday in San Diego was around 30 something years ago from what I'm told and me and my friends complain irl when the temperature drops below 50 degrees.

Edited by Emerald Meteor

I don't live in Cali but I've been seeing what's going on with the weather there. El Nino is really kicking in now. Up in the SoCal mountains, some places could get up to 3 feet of snow. In fact in Western San Diego, there was a tornado warning but I don't think anything touched down yesterday. They are predicting this El Nino season could be the strongest since Winter 1997-1998. Y'all need all that rain, just be careful of the flooding. I hope this rain will bring an end to the terrible drought there. 

Meanwhile here in Florida, more dangerous severe weather happens during El Nino years. The strongest Florida tornadoes occurred during the El Nino years.  

El Nino is coming and it's coming to kick California's ass as well as hopefully give us some much needed rainfall

• 3 years later...