Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do calm voices sooth you?

Lithophila

It soothes and relaxes my mind, like if someone made me relax and soothens up my head whenever i listen to the relaxing calm voices. Calm whisperings can also have that effect. I am wondering your views on it?

• Brohoof 1

Now that I think about it, not really. It makes me think that they think I'm wrong, that I shouldn't be justified in feeling stressed for whatever reason. I hate being told to calm down. Also, It makes me want to argue with whomsoever's trying to reassure me. Make me justify my stance on things. 

A stern voice would do better. It would tell me "Yes, your justified for feeling this way. Here's how you get out of that." 

Pep talks work better for me than reassurance.  

• Brohoof 2

Ooooh yes. Calm, soothing voices ease my mind. They can really relax me to a great extent and this is why Storpey is one of my favorite Youtubers and the only Let's Player I like. His voice is very welcoming and calming. When people use a harsh tone in their voice, it can make me feel nervous. *~* 

Here is an example of what I mean about Storpey, there is strong language at parts so keep that in mind.

• Brohoof 2

Not in general. If it's the voice of someone I'm familiar with and/or trust, then yes. But just random people? Uh-uh.

Or I guess in music. When I'm really stressed out, "Drowned in Love" by PON3 knocks me right out.

• Brohoof 2

Recently I've been way into ASMR videos, like those "brain massaging" experiments and stuff. I wouldn't necessarily say it helps me relax, but I think it's just an overall weird, yet cool feeling every time... I just wish I had a decent headset for the better experience. :|

• Brohoof 1

Voice, like all sound does have frequences that has effects on us. Thats why different people find different kinds of music relaxing and why a stranger's voice might soothe one person but irriate the shit out of someone else.

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 years later...
3 minutes ago, TheRockARooster 🐓 said:

I’m sure your voice is gorgeous, Dreamy. :wub:

If you like the sound of nails on a chalkboard, sure, you'd love to listen to this caterwaul. 

In FNAF Sister Location whenever Circus Baby talks its usually pretty calming. During Night 5 when she says “You must remain calm” it actually works, at least for a moment.

As for IRL voices, I don’t think it would work as well if there is a different intent behind the voices.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...