Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever commit a heinous act in a video game?

Spanish In Physician

Now, I am sure you wanna raise your hand.... and be allll.... MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMIKILLEDEVERYBODYINFABLEHAHAHAHAHA!

BUT.... Hold on just one moment dear gamer. That isn't the exact question at hand. Have you ever committed a heinous act in a video game, by accident? You didn't mean to viciously slaughter that guard or crush that marine to death, things just got out of hand, or an accident beyond your control happened, leaving you feeling guilty. These are the moments I wanna hear about. So as such, I will provide the first example. Remember, we should know what game you are playing in order to accurately give us insight on your story.

I was playing Halo: Combat Evolved the other day, and while trekking through the second level of the game in my warthog, I took the jump in the first tunnel before the light bridge just a bit too slow. Sensing the impending danger of my warthog flipping I quickly ejected from the driver's seat, and landed safely. Thinking all was well, I circle around to the side of my vehicle to find....my gunner crushed to death by the very  machine gun turret he so desperately clung to.

In loving memory of UNSC Marine Bill. Gone but never forgotten my brother in arms. Gone.... but never forgotten.

• Brohoof 3

I can't remember exactly, but I think I was playing Dark Souls, and while trying to do the soul dupe exploit, I accidentally struck and killed the Fair Lady (Quelaag's sister).

I felt like scum.

• Brohoof 2

When I first played skyrim right at the very start were you escape, I accidentally pick-pocketed the guy that helped me escape, he came at me with a sword, so I ran into the nearest town, which I didnt realise all the guards were after me, so I just had to fend them off as I tried to survive for an innocent mistake. I took at least 4 of them out before they killed me

• Brohoof 1

Aw, I had the perfect response, but then I read the post...

I beat a dog with my baseball bat...

Bmzi0NgIQAATHKj.jpg

As for accident, I do have one story.

In Earthworm Jim 3D for the N64, in one of the levels, there's this glitch where one of the enemy aliens will start running in circles. He won't shoot at you, but can still hurt you if you touch him.

And I spared him because I considered him to be mentally special. Then I accidentally killed him in a shoot out with other aliens. I can still hear his giggles. Oh, these aliens giggle, btw. Very annoying.

Edited by pollo20x6
  • Brohoof 2

I didn't know that it was possible to spare toriel in undertale.

You know, the character that showed nothing but care and concern for you right from the start.

Another good example for me was when I was playing skyrim. I was battling a squad of Thalmor when along my path a farmer crossed. Swinging my blade at the thalmor justiciar, my blade instead caught hold of the farmer, drawing into a cutscene execution. I lopped that poor farmer's head clean off. After finishing off the Thalmor.... I didn't even get a bounty. Poor farmer.... Just wanted to escape the oppressive flames of dragonfire. :(

• Brohoof 1

If you play pretty much any video game ever you'll find you'll kill enough people to fill a few hundred orphanages with broken families and that's before you break or steal all their stuff too.

Accidental heinous crimes? Why yes - 2-3 days ago, actually. xD I was playing Fallout 3 for the first time, and I went up to the bar in Megaton, where there's this guy that wants me to blow up the town. I declined and informed the sheriff, then we went on to 'arrest' him. I knew he was gonna pull off a dirty move, and when he pulled out his gun to shoot the sheriff, I started shooting at him.

After I killed him, I thought things would calm down, but nooo, all others in the bar had to go and attack me. So, I had to kill everyone there, even though I had befriended them beforehand. After that, I decided that was a good time to probably restart the game. :P

• Brohoof 3

The tank in GTA V. I actually do make an effort to avoid civilian traffic because fun as grinding there cars may be, there fiery demises do harm my tank... but some of them seem to INSIST on getting mangled by my treads, getting catapulted by my rotating turret or getting in the way of the shell I aimed at that police officer for shooting at me...

I bought the tank legit. Have the paper work and everything, Officer. XD

• Brohoof 1

One happened yesterday, in fact. :)

I was playing Fallout 4 for the first time at a friends house, and he was in the Brotherhood of Steel at the time.

I took over the controls, and accidentally shot this one scientists cat.

The entire Brotherhood came after us... :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

In Skyrim, running the Hearthfire addon, my home was attacked by bandits. They were grouped together, so I used my Fire Breath on them, which due to all the mods I have running is essentially an instakill on anything except dragons...only my family members were caught in the blast, meaning I offed Aela and Lucia along with the bandits because I have mods installed allowing me to kill children and makes everyone non-essential.

I didn't feel too bad about it, though. I simply brought them back to life. On a side note, I also do this when I accidentally kill a fox. I like foxes.

• Brohoof 1

If keeping people hostage and murdering them one by one counts (PAYDAY 2) :please: :please: :please:

GTA 5 the torture part. It wasn't an accident because you had to play through it to continue the story. I was disgusted and sickened by that, i wish i could have skipped it but there was no way to.

The torture sequence was a little unnecessary. I wish I was able to skip that too.

Edited by Zach
  • Brohoof 2

Sometimes in the early Call of Duty games I kill my own squad mates for extra ammo(if you melee at the right angle, you can kill them without getting a mission failed)

Edited by Megas75

This was years ago, but on Bioshock 2( my first experience and playthrough with a Bioshock game), I was taking one of the Little Sisters  back to her vent after harvesting 2 ADAM corpses, and i accidentally pressed the button to kill her. I can still remember her cries of 'No! Daddy!' *shudders* :(

• Brohoof 1

Playing Halo Reach, basically any time I nudge a friendly with a Ghost, it completely wrecks them. Or when a bunch of dingle berries jump on my Wraith and block the cannon... that never ends well.

I blew up Megaton and proceeded to poison the water to purify the wasteland of all non-essential life. I think that qualifies at least for Fallout 3. Did I mention I burnt the talking tree alive and murdered his disciples afterwards. Three-dog certainly talked me up afterwards. Here is a short list of some others in that game alone:

1. Selling the boy into slavery at Paradise Falls after saving him.

2. Telling the institute about the missing android for the accuracy upgrade.

That was some good times to be honest. I know forgot some others though. Other than the usual bribery and whatnot.  

Well in Saints Row... nevermind that game is supposed to be about being a criminal.

Also in Dead Island I was supposed to drive this woman to the lighthouse but I drove the car into the water in attempt to drown her.

Edited by cider float

Yes. Several. By playing and enjoying Manhunt and Manhunt 2 (uncensored versions). Really good game. Not for everyone. But a good atmospheric stealth and murder game.

Any specific heinous act? Errrr.. Any specific way you could murder people is basically considered nsfw. If you're 18+, play them. Really good and underrated