Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever commit a heinous act in a video game?

Spanish In Physician

@, it's funny that your story is of the second level of Halo CE, because that's what came to mind for me as well.  Now, admittedly, I can't think of an accidental heinous act, so I'm sorry if this story isn't exactly what you wanted.

Sometimes I like to be the honorable hero in games, such as Skyrim, and sometimes I just don't give a rat's ass.  I just want to speed run the level or beat it the most efficient way possible.  Such is the case with The Flawless Cowboy.  In the second level of Halo CE, when you're going around saving the marines in the lifeboats, the most efficient way to do it is to kill them.  Just slaughter the marines, who go down so much easier than covies, and Cortana will just get all depressed and tell you to move on.  So, I just come rampaging in with my 'hog and mow 'em down.  I don't even get out.  Run 'em over, move on.  Ignore the covies.  Do that with the last lifeboat, then you just have to clear one dropship worth of covies to clear an LZ for the pelican, and you're outta there!  Easy peasy like cider squeezy.

• Brohoof 1

I accidentally got into a big argument with Hideki Kamiya (the Bayonetta guy who sold out to Nintendo) without realizing who it was. XD

What did you two argue about? Just curious >.>

Just thought of another one!

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria : There have been a few times (when I first started playing MoP) on my dk where I accidentally aggro'd groups of 10+ mobs at a time and our whole raid died because they were focused on the boss. Luckily it was only like three times, in the same raid, and in the same raid group... I don't think any of them realized it was me though  :please:

Over several games, accidentally dropping vehicles and such on npcs, leading ones after me for accidental crimes to their death by creatures, hitting the wrong controller button, effectively dealing death on an unsuspecting innocent. So many lives I've unintentionally taken, so few ways to repent..... Some of them were pretty darn funny though when they happened.   

Sometimes I like to be the honorable hero in games, such as Skyrim, and sometimes I just don't give a rat's ass. I just want to speed run the level or beat it the most efficient way possible. Such is the case with The Flawless Cowboy. In the second level of Halo CE, when you're going around saving the marines in the lifeboats, the most efficient way to do it is to kill them. Just slaughter the marines, who go down so much easier than covies, and Cortana will just get all depressed and tell you to move on. So, I just come rampaging in with my 'hog and mow 'em down. I don't even get out. Run 'em over, move on. Ignore the covies. Do that with the last lifeboat, then you just have to clear one dropship worth of covies to clear an LZ for the pelican, and you're outta there! Easy peasy like cider squeezy.

You, sir, are quite the a*shole. Don't feel bad though. I've done that a few times myself. But I'm pretty sure that with one of the lifeboats, you have to get out to trigger the friendlies to come out of the underground tunnel. But I haven't tried to drive the warthog down there, so meh.

• Brohoof 1

What did you two argue about? Just curious >.>

I forget. He was saying some really dumb thing and I just couldn't let it slide...

Of course, once I realized who it was, I went to go smooth things out...But was already blocked. Guy loves to block. XD

I've jumped on thousands of Goombas. Does that count? :lol:

I don't think I've killed innocent people in a video game before, because I don't play open-ended games like that. I have accidentally killed team members in arena first person shooters, though. That could count.

I intentionally got in a gun battle with police in GTA 5 when they pursued me for taking out all the Ballas on Grove Street. (I was using the invincibility cheat. ;) ) I shot at them, and I was using the flaming bullet cheat, so all of them were screaming in pain as they were getting burned alive. I felt so bad while I did it, so I just ended up using the "lose wanted star" cheat multiple times and walked away from them.

Trying to give my friend sniper cover in GTA V and I accidently made his head esplode... well it was his fault for getting in the way... stuff like this has happened to us in Minecraft, Call of Duty, and a few other games as well

GTA 5 the torture part. It wasn't an accident because you had to play through it to continue the story. I was disgusted and sickened by that, i wish i could have skipped it but there was no way to.

The torture sequence was a little unnecessary. I wish I was able to skip that too.

You guys do realize you can just keep pouring water on him so you don't have to do the other stuff, but you wont get a gold metal for doing so... and believe me there are far more sadistic torture methods out there than what Rockstar showed you...

Accidental heinous crimes? Why yes - 2-3 days ago, actually. xD I was playing Fallout 3 for the first time, and I went up to the bar in Megaton, where there's this guy that wants me to blow up the town. I declined and informed the sheriff, then we went on to 'arrest' him. I knew he was gonna pull off a dirty move, and when he pulled out his gun to shoot the sheriff, I started shooting at him.

After I killed him, I thought things would calm down, but nooo, all others in the bar had to go and attack me. So, I had to kill everyone there, even though I had befriended them beforehand. After that, I decided that was a good time to probably restart the game. :P

amen to that. that happened to me. I later learned that you could've killed Mr. Burke by using VATS on him as soon as he stood up, and no one gave a Centuar's ass about it. it was funny. also, i blew up Megaton on my evil playthrough. Heinous, yes. Did i regret it, no.

In The Forest (which I suggest you play if you're into survival-exploration stuff ala Minecraft or Don't Starve), I decapitated a cannibal out of sheer need to expend some adrenaline after it came at me. Figured I'd put his head on a pike Vlad-style to ward off any other hostiles.

The accident: I discovered that constructing threatening displays out of body parts is a supported and extensive element of the game's crafting system.
Arguably not so heinous since they started it.

I don't play open-ended games like that

You're missing out.

You guys do realize you can just keep pouring water on him so you don't have to do the other stuff, but you wont get a gold metal for doing so... and believe me there are far more sadistic torture methods out there than what Rockstar showed you...

Never understood the aversion to that scene. I mean, the real-world implications are terribly too true but I had a blast. Guess I just settled more easily into Trevor's headspace. ^_^

Edited by Aladdin Mane

The most evil thing i've ever done in a game has been throwing annoying guests to the T.rexes, the sharks, the bears, the lions, the tigers, the crocs and Komodo dragons in both Zoo Tycoon games. Heh heh heh... But when it comes to making choices in other kind of video games, i always prefer to do good things for everybody else. I know they're fictional characters, but it still breaks my heart to make them suffer by my own will.

Edited by Dino-Mario

I...did something. I regret it, thinking about it day in day out, as it haunts my nightmares. I once,...

Put a Sim in a swimming pool.. Then I sold the ladder. I watched....

I watched him drown. And then...I did it again to the rest of the family. The women and the children, too.

Why couldn't Rockstar have at least let us do it to Steve Haines and/or Peter Dreyfuss?

Edited by A.V.

Trying to give my friend sniper cover in GTA V and I accidently made his head esplode... well it was his fault for getting in the way... stuff like this has happened to us in Minecraft, Call of Duty, and a few other games as well

Yeah. There's other sadistic ways to torture the guy. You could've twisted the guy's limbs until they snapped, blast his kneecaps off with a shotgun (Double-barrel or sawed-off, preferably), used pliers to rip out his whole nails, glue him to the chair and force him to rip himself out of the chair, lay him down on a bed of nails and put rocks on him, straddle him on a triangular prism and put weights on his ankles, throw him into a pit of used syringes or into a box littered with barbed wire, chain him to a pipe and leave him with nothing but a hacksaw, force his feet onto some bear traps, put a bucket with a rat in it on his bare beer-belly and start heating up the bucket.........the list can go on and on and on. I can be very deliriously sadistic.

I accidentally stabbed Rarity in the back of the head to death an awful fan-made game. First slash was an accident and the following were to put her out of her misery. Literally the worst feeling ever.

No...say it wasn't so. Anypony but her... rKItue2.png

• Brohoof 1

I once (OK, maybe more than once) accidentally pissed off a guard in skyrim and I ended up slaughtering everyone in order to escape. Same thing happened in Fallout 4. I accidentally pissed someone off in Diamond City, and I had to kill everyone to escape. I SLAUGHTERED EVERYONE IN DIAMOND CITY. I ended up re-loading my save because I felt bad.

I also like to see how many civilians I can kill in Assassins Creed before I am de-synchronized. And if you think that's bad, you should see me play GTA V...

• Brohoof 2

Not really. I can never bring myself to do something I know is wrong, even in a game. However, I do have a tendency accidentally attack my companions on Skyrim, but I always feel so bad that I literally go to the nearest graveyard, and leave some gold and gems. R.I.P. Mercutio.

• Brohoof 1

Not really. I can never bring myself to do something I know is wrong, even in a game. However, I do have a tendency accidentally attack my companions on Skyrim, but I always feel so bad that I literally go to the nearest graveyard, and leave some gold and gems. R.I.P. Mercutio.

When choice is an element, I usually go for good...I made John Marston the world's biggest boyscout.

• Brohoof 2