Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Randimaxis Answers Questions

Randimaxis

Lucile the Manticore: How Random can be being a Manticore on a pony page?

As random as the purple underover of the number zee in flagrant redisgard of not where am but for why.

But enough about Illogicia and it's many entertainments... manticores are awesome anyway; no reason needed.

As random as the purple underover of the number zee in flagrant redisgard of not where am but for why.

But enough about Illogicia and it's many entertainments... manticores are awesome anyway; no reason needed.

post-18984-0-01033400-1464928538.gif MAnticore: i have another question, you think Manticores are creatures of Chaos?
  • Brohoof 1

, I have to say no.

Manticores may have been originally CREATED by chaos... but just like everyone else, they are creatures of whatever they want to be.

, I have to say no.

Manticores may have been originally CREATED by chaos... but just like everyone else, they are creatures of whatever they want to be.

post-18984-0-01033400-1464928538.gif now some personal quesitions, what if your very first reaction when a antibrony say things about ponies in front of you?

if you could be president for a day what would you do?

how important are guns for you?
  • Brohoof 1

My first reaction would be to shake my head sadly; we're supposed to 'love and tolerate', so I will... besides, it doesn't matter WHAT anyone says - they won't make me change my mind.

(Ugh, politics...)  I think I'd probably fire all of Congress and enact a term limit on House Representatives.  I'd say more, but if they shot JFK for trying to fix a corrupt system, then I'm MORE than expendable.

IRL, guns tend to cause more problems than they solve.  I'm not afraid of them - I just have a VERY healthy respect for any device that launches bits of metal at high velocities.

Clop is one of those things I don't understand why folks enjoy it, but I grasp the concept of why they do it.  

Heck, you wouldn't be able to get me to admit to what used to fill my imagination when I was a teenager (which, by definition, is an almost constant state of rampant arousal), but I'll say that the whole 'clop' thing is kinda tame in comparison.  

Folks have fetishes - as long as they don't push them onto other people, I frankly don't care; fly yo' freak flag... just not where I have to look at it, 'kay?

Gore is... well, it's tricky.

On the one hoof, you have to attempt to maintain a sense of propriety and not just splash blood willy-nilly for the sake of it.

On the other hoof, if it weren't for gore, we wouldn't have such awesome movies as Kill Bill, Aliens and the entire Nightmare On Elm Street series - so it's kind of a toss-up.

See, when blood is used for a viable dramatic effect, it holds meaning and therefore is a part of the story, in it's own way.  When you're watching a horror flick, the spray of blood that shoots out when a victim is killed ADDS to the shock value of the scene; when you're watching an action movie, the sight of the hero bleeding ADDS depth to their character, as they're suffering to make their stand/save the princess/get revenge/do their thing; when you're watching a sci-fi movie, it can be either or both.

However, excessive gore just for the sake of excessive gore is ridiculous.  In certain types of movies (like intentionally B-Grade horror flicks, such as Troma Studios produces), the excessive gore IS the joke/point, and that's a form of parody, which is acceptable (Cannibal:The Musical - I highly recommend it)... but movies where they just seem to think splattering a LOT of blood will make up for any shortcomings in the plot?  Yeah, THOSE are useless.

Hello, and welcome to moar... questions from me!

So I have two questions, one of them may have already been answered, but I'll ask anyway.

1) What made you get into Roleplaying?

2) What's your inspiration to be a part of the staff, more specifically, the Roleplaying staff?

• Brohoof 1

1)  The attraction of creating your own world populated with characters you create to tell stories you weave with others.  It's a game that can potentially blow The Vidya out of the water.  When it's at it's best, roleplaying is watching an entire universe unfold before you... and being just as thrilled and surprised by it as one is in life itself.

2)  Well, the reason I joined RP Staff was because I wanted to help out around here, and the only thing I know IRON-CLAD is roleplaying; the other stuff I may have interests in, but I know RPing like the back of my hand.  I felt that I could do best doing what I know, and I felt most comfortable there.

Two hundred and fifty seven licks.

YES, I counted - did the stunt when I was about fourteen.  Cherry Tootsie Pops are one of my weaknesses, so I decided to find out.  Also gave me two small cuts on my tongue, once the sides got thin and sharp.

... stop looking at me like that; at least I found out.

• Brohoof 1

Two hundred and fifty seven licks.

YES, I counted - did the stunt when I was about fourteen.  Cherry Tootsie Pops are one of my weaknesses, so I decided to find out.  Also gave me two small cuts on my tongue, once the sides got thin and sharp.

... stop looking at me like that; at least I found out.

That's awesome!! Thanks for taking one for Team World.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

@Crescent Light, that's a very good-looking question!   :proud:

Well, I'll make a list, but it's gonna be a LOOOOOONG one.  Do forgive me.

*ahem*

The Twilight Zone (the old black and whites are the BEST)

Monk

Psych

Bob's Burgers

King Of The Hill

Warehouse 13

Firefly (*bursts into tears*)

Farscape

Danger Mouse (the new one on Netflix is surprisingly good; I grew up with the old one)

Supernatural

Death Note

Ranma 1/2

Cat Planet Cuties

Sekirei

Cowboy Bebop

Futurama

The Kids In The Hall

Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In!

The Addams Family

The Outer Limits

Soap

House, M.D.

NCIS

Criminal Minds

Cold Case

Deadbeat

Stranger Things (I am STARVING for more!)

American Dad

Sliders

The A-Team (because I love it when a plan comes together...)

Elfin Lied (if you haven't seen this, it's excellent - but kinda grimdark; you've been warned)

Rosario + Vampire

DCs Legends of Tomorrow

The Flash

The Oblongs

Classic Doctor Who (Tom Baker :love:  )

Current Doctor Who (David Tennant   :orly:  )

Kindred: The Embraced

ANYTHING from Nickelodeon in the 80's-early 90's

Animaniacs

Tiny Toon Adventures

Darkwing Duck

Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers

Duck Tales

Tale Spin

Goof Troop

Batman: The Animated Series

Freakazoid

The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy

Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

The Powerpuff Girls (the original; the new one makes my heart hurt)

Samurai Jack

Dexter's Laboratory

The Adventures Of Ren & Stimpy (the original stuff was best)

MTV's Beavis & Butthead

MTV's The Maxx

MTV's Liquid Television

USA Cartoon Express (80's - 90's kids know)

... I could go on, but I think that's enough to prove my Couch Potato Credentials.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

, I actually have THREE that tie for most memorable moment:

1. The day I watched my son Jack come into the world.  I mean LITERALLY watched, too - I was there in the delivery room with her when she gave birth to him, holding her left leg steady and telling her to push.  Yeah, messy as all Hell... but still, an amazing moment to be a part of, and fully worth any stomach-churning I had to endure.  Hearing his first cry, seeing him swaddled, actually getting to hold him, fresh from the womb... life has its' miracles, yeah - but childbirth is one of the most incredible ones I've ever known.

2. The first time I ever sang on stage as a teenager, and got a howling ovation from the group of drunken bikers who frequented the establishment.  When my friends and I got onstage, they were throwing beer bottles and yelling angrily, since the last group up had been rather poor musicians.  My friends went into "Sunshine Of Your Love", which stopped the crowd's anger, and then I got onstage to sing "Born To Be Wild"; we tore the roof off that mothersucker, for sure.

3. My sixteenth birthday, which was what I count as the absolute WORST day of my life, which ended with my Mother driving the two of us home in tears after I was fully and totally embarrassed by my step-brother and his wife.  I blamed myself for a LONG time, but came to realize it hadn't been my doing in the first place.  Still, that day is the reason my Mom's side of the family pretty much tossed me in the garbage - and honestly?  With what happened, good riddance.  Sad to say, yeah... but not all memorable moments are good ones.

There are other moments that are quite memorable, yeah... but those three TIE, in my head, for the ones that my brain recalls with near-perfect clarity; I spared you the sordid details, as THAT would take more pages than the Internet could hold.  *chuckle*

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

@Balareth, that's almost like asking me which of my children I love more!

The daytime lends it's light to the world, allowing bright and beautiful colors to appear.  Sometimes, there are certain hues that a light bulb nor even a High-Definition Monitor can reproduce; only the light of the sun and the human eye itself can feel and behold the wonder of those particular colors.  Plus, of course, we couldn't have plants without sunlight - or, at least, not as many as we have now, doing the same job, et cetera.  Plus, after a cool dip in the water, there's NOTHING like sunning yourself on a towel.

The nighttime holds its' charm, too.  It soothes the jangled nerves, lending a peace and tranquility to a world that hustles and bustles so much.  The stars are like sprinkles on the cupcake of the sky, and the somber mood is just right for having a calm, relaxing moment.  I've spent many a night staring at the moon, lost in the miasma of my own mind, enjoying the simple pleasure of a cool night's breeze across my face.  

So I like them both - and there's no possible way I can choose.  Sorry!   :adorkable:

• 3 weeks later...

From Necrodeus:

You kind of remind me of my young self, now gone. *clears throat* Right..um.

Besides I hear that you are so much into

mystery/horror books and etc. So am I, like the Stephan King novels and R.L. Stine the

writer for Goosebumps. I'm so immersive with this.  ^^

So, my question to you Sir Randi is, which is your favorite horror movie and character?

Edited by Unovas
  • Brohoof 1

A favorite horror movie AND character?  Okay, now THAT is a challenge!

One of the earliest memories in my mind is myself at about the age of six, hiding behind my Dad's back and peeking over his side as he lie on the couch, watching The Howling on the screen - which is STILL one of the niftiest transformations I've ever seen in a horror flick... but The Howling isn't my fave...

My favorite horror movie isn't a classic, though I have a great respect for them; it's called "The Feast".  I love it because it's not just frightening with jump scares AND slow, building horror, but it goes OUT OF ITS' WAY to turn almost every horror cliche on its' ear.  It literally plays with your head while you watch it.  Oh, and uh... it's DEFINITELY NOT FOR KIDS.  But one heckuva rollicking good time!

As for my favorite horror character..?  That's kind of an easy one...

In my mind, imagination is the ultimate weapon; there is no greater tool at our disposal.  That's why someone who can manipulate that imagination - especially when you're helpless - comes across to me as what would potentially be the worst possible horror villain in all of fictional history:  My vote for scariest horror character has got to be Freddy Krueger, blade-wielding hands down.

I hope my choices didn't disappoint, .

• Brohoof 1

From Unovas:

Hello there Mr.Randi! ^^ 

I saw the picks you made towards Necrodeus's question and  I like the Necroscope books. The cover art on Defile is so detailed. ^^

Anyways, I come to ask you this: 

Who would be your most favorite heroes and villains in the MLP series. Then why?

P.S.: Jason would have to be my favorite horror character. Well, he never stays down and I like his cyborg appearance in Jason X.  

Edited by Unovas
  • Brohoof 1

Heroes and villains in the MLP series, is it?  Well , I can certainly answer that question - and what a marvelous-looking question that is!  You should be proud!   :pinkie:

*chuckle* Okay, brass tacks time.

HEROES

I've always been one to find myself gravitating toward the lesser known, unsung heroes in the serii I watch (I don't know if that's a word or not, but I'm using it), and as a result my typical picks won't be of the Mane 6 - though it's worth noting that I quite enjoy when Fluttershy bucks up to those who deserve it.

BIG MAC : The unsung, hard workin' farmboy.  He's one of those ilk who always rise to any challenge, and always try to fight for the side of right.  He's one of those who never really saves the day, mind you... but what he does is still important.  Just ask Apple Bloom.

SPITFIRE : She has the proper attitude that a serious hero SHOULD have.  Her manner and poise lend her to the idea of one who is fully confident and strong; she's like the Captain America of pegasi.

SHINING ARMOR : The guy is a bonafide hero - even though he really doesn't get the accolades he deserves, he does what he does because it HAS TO BE DONE; true heroes don't act for praise... they act because they know they have to.

VILLAINS

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I LOVE VILLAINS.  Without them, you have no story - or at least one that's a very slow, dull read.  Heck, even places or situations themselves can be villains, given the proper circumstances (Americans recognize the due date on their Tax Returns as a situational villain).  Villains add spice, interest, and that little spark of CHAOS! that can really get a story going strong.

DISCORD : Yes, he's a reformed villain (sorta) now, I know that... but oh, WHAT a villain he was, eh?  Admit it - when you saw some of the chaos magic he unleashed upon Ponyville, tell me you didn't think, even for a moment, "wow, I'd RULE with that much power"!  Well, HE DID.  What's more, being voiced by the embodiment of chaos from ANOTHER SHOW ENTIRELY is really frickin' awesome.

KING SOMBRA : Ever since his first appearance, I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for him to return!  Sombra embodies the kind of horrific, powerful being that seems unstoppable - he strikes me as the relentless stalker that cannot be defeated by most anything you throw at him.  If he's coming for you, you can't run far enough.

FLIM AND FLAM : The affection I have for these two is purely of the referential variety; I'm actually a fan of the classic movie The Music Man, and the character of Professor Harold Hill - the character that the brothers were modeled after.  Plus, I'm a bit of a sucker for con artists; one of my favorite shows is Leverage - an MLP version of Leverage would HAVE to include these two.

I do hope I have answered the question to your liking.

• Brohoof 1

From The Equestria Hunters

(Cyborg Pulse, Viral Virus, And Firestarter)

Good day Randimaxis. We come here to ask you some certain questions.

Yes, first from me :  Do you have a sports favorite? If so which is the team you support on certain types of sporting events?

Ok, now from me: Which is your favorite games from the horror category? Who is your favorite bosses from that gaming category?

Firestarter your turn.

Oh, um sorry hehe. Lastly from me: What was the hardest subject you struggle with in your education?

Then which is the easiest?

That should do for now gentlemen. Randimaxis, thank you for time.

Edited by Unovas
  • Brohoof 1

There seem to be quite a few questions to be asked, eh ?  But that's fine - I do enjoy answering questions!

To answer the first one, I don't do sports.  I've seen folks who go sportsing, and the sports teams that sport on the sports field seem like they sport pretty hard, and if they sport the sport better than the other sports team, then they are the greatest in sports!  To me, it's all a bit overblown... though I do like (what America calls) Soccer - but not enough to follow teams.

To answer the second one, I'd have to say that I REALLY enjoyed the horror feel of the game Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth.  It was quite a shocker, and I actually enjoyed some of the head games that thing plays with you... not your character; YOU.

The third is an easy one; I was always struggling in mathematics, but I have always excelled in English.  Guess I'm more of a letters guy than a numbers one... but that's how it is.

• Brohoof 1

*Dark Nebula/Matter Appears*

post-40379-0-91994500-1487570693_thumb.jpg

*looks at avatar*

Well now, it certainly does take one to know one. An eye for an eye as they always say. ^

Anyways, I am a dark swordsman who is a partner of Sir Necrodeus. I do know that Unovas has visited you from what I sense. Oh well maybe its me.

On with the question: What is your favorite types of foods starting from best to worst? If you were in a certain challenge like a warheads challenge the hard candy one. Would you be able to out beat the record that is 150  warheads in a single sitting?

Edited by Unovas
  • Brohoof 1