Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cannabis

Member Berry

On 1/20/2016 at 5:04 PM, Crecious said:

My mother was working for a medical marijuana clinic in California before it was truly legal. Medically it was on the fence. But it was helping people with cancer and horrible pain.

I'm all for it. Personally it's not my thing either. I've done it, didn't like it. Glad I had the experience but that's it.

But being from a medical family, I understand that dope has no ill effects. Besides paranoia... 

All other drugs, alcohol included have killed far more people. Dope has never killed a single person.

I can agree with this post. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Since I live in Canada, cannabis has been legalized.  Though the way regulations tackled the drug, it was very sloppy and edibles won't be legalized until either next month or july, a YEAR after smoking cannabis was legalized.  Personally, I think they should pardon those who were both charged with possession and selling it while it was still illegal but they haven't really started pardoning many for it and a lot of people who were in prison for the now legalized substance have yet to be released.  A lot of Canadians didn't want any gov-run stores to be anywhere near their house, school, or whatever so many of us who live in smaller towns, have to drive further to get it if they wanted to, the gov-run store is VERY sloppy.  They weren't prepared for the demand, not at all.  

My apartment building also banned all forms of smoking a few weeks before it was legalized, their problem was the smoke.  Ok, I get it, it can be obnoxious.  My neighbours still smoke though and the managers can't do crap about it unless someone had a cigarette hanging in their mouth when the landlord comes knocking.  It's a joke.

Beyond that, I'm just waiting for edibles to be legalized, then I'm going to at least try one with more CBD to see if it helps at all.  Didn't really want to try smoking it at all but that's just me.

edit: checked out my province's cannabis shop, edibles are available, took a while though

Edited by Thuja

I kinda need it to be legal where I live because I have awful pains and debilitating anxiety associated with my issues. Cannibis would help keep me calm, pain free and relaxed... if only i were back home.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I can agree with this post. 

Also let me interject that I have been so drunk I can't stand up and so stones I didn't know which way was up or down especially when I was a tad younger than I am now and while I don't tend to party as hard anymore I can safely say that the next morning after being messed up I felt like death while I woke up feeling like a millions bucks and then some when I was stoned. Ethanol is pure poison I'll just say that.

• Brohoof 2

Anything drug related, I'm have the stance that nope. If it hasn;t been legalised yet, there's a reason for it and it should stay illegal. 

Yes there's medical uses, but legalising it is just gonna turn teens from knife carrying, sex addicts to knife carrying, sex and drug addicts. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, Just Blivy️ said:

Also let me interject that I have been so drunk I can't stand up and so stones I didn't know which way was up or down especially when I was a tad younger than I am now and while I don't tend to party as hard anymore I can safely say that the next morning after being messed up I felt like death while I woke up feeling like a millions bucks and then some when I was stoned. Ethanol is pure poison I'll just say that.

Couldn't agree more

Edited by Princess of Luck 🍀⚡🔥

• 3 months later...

I can see that there are people who need it for medical purposes and that’s fine if it’s prescribed and used responsibly. Recreationally I don’t support the idea. Drugs of any kind, no matter how harmless they’re professed to be, can be (and often are) abused. I’ve known people who have used it recreationally and while they insist it sharpens and expends their minds, they’re seeing the benefits through an altered perception. When I’ve seen people under the influence they seem completely devoid of cognitive focus; completely unable to do many basic tasks or activities. I would not want these people to be driving or operating machinery because it can be harmful to others as well as themselves. Granted there are different uses of cannabis; with or without THC, so again, if it’s prescribed and used responsibly (with or without THC content) I’m fine with it, and in some cases it’s the best way for some patients to get relief. But for recreation, no.

• Brohoof 2

On 6/1/2020 at 3:01 AM, Cyclone 1066 said:

Should be included in driving under the influence laws.

Indeed it should! (I just wish you wouldn't get a 10 year sentence for possession here)

On 6/1/2020 at 6:47 AM, HearthSoul said:

Anything drug related, I'm have the stance that nope. If it hasn;t been legalised yet, there's a reason for it and it should stay illegal. 

Yes there's medical uses, but legalising it is just gonna turn teens from knife carrying, sex addicts to knife carrying, sex and drug addicts. 

The only real reason cannabis was banned in UK (as well as in the US) was due to wanting to assocciate cannabis with people anti-war (the "hippies"), so the police would have a legal reason to distrupt their protests and meetings, as well as daemonize them on the news,

Do you remember the huge legal highs epidemic? Those people smoking bathsalts and mixes like "spice" and "crocadile" that are way more deadly than even heroin? I wonder what would have stopped the full legal highs even being considered?

also what do you think they're doing? They'd be taking drugs and drinking still

• Brohoof 1

Legalize it for both medical reasons as well as for recreational purposes.

Now, it's not a wonder drug when it comes to cancer or other ailments, but it have shown promise on various fronts.

Legalize and tax it.

I just think humanity is not responsible enough for things that need you to be in control and not abuse of their properties. That applies to anything from drugs to alcohol to salt and more. But the difference is that both alcohol and drugs don't only affect the user if anything goes wrong, it could end up badly and affect the ones around you too. 

Edited by Ittoni

On 1/8/2016 at 11:58 PM, Member Berry said:

your opinion on it?

As I am avoiding anything drugs related, because I am scared of the people using it, I have seen and understand it can be helpful for medical purposes, but also that's what some people say so they can get more.

Anything addictive to the human body, is usually something that screws with the natural behavior, and it will probably give a sense of happiness to people that can't, or have problems getting happy.

I don't like things that make people unpredictable, and scary.

I don't support legalizing it recreational use, that just seems pretty dumb to me. This country already has a huge drug problem, legalizing this drug would only exacerbate the problem. Also it won't get ride of street weed either, as it still exists in pretty much all states that have legalized it for relational use. In fact, street weed has become more popular because more people have been exposed to weed through legal means, but they want to buy more than what they can legally. This enriches cartels and gangs. Again, it goes back to the whole major drug problem this country has.

I can support legalizing it for medical purposes though, as the loads of research done on it has proven that weed can help people with anxiety issues and chronic pain issues.    

• Brohoof 1

The Federal Government should revisit their position on criminalizing marijuana. Medical uses should be permissible at the State level with Physician Rx. From a moral standpoint, I see no issue with recreational marijuana, and would support a referendum in my State to decriminalize possession. Those are the easy opinions I hold on this issue.

The more complicated ones have to do with employers having the right to screen Each argument has an strong counter argument. When the rights of a sole proprietor come into direct conflict with the rights of an individual, and that individual is an actor who has agency over the cause of the action that the employer disallowed  ... it is often hard to just go with my gut. It hasn’t been legally tested in any robust way in my country, so limited precedent leaves it up to my personal preference ... and I honestly don’t know. 

I wouldn’t smoke it personally. Using recreational drugs to deal with your problems doesn’t solve any of them, it just traps you in a constant cycle of dependency.

The medicinal uses of it are undeniable though, so I think doctors should be able to prescribe it for illnesses it can help.

Where I live it's legal and has been for a really, really long time. Still there is a negative stigma around it as something young people do when they're still stupid and young and it leads them to do even more stupid things and all that. Making it legal will not remove any negativity around it, but it is easier for a government to keep it in check which I think is a very good thing. People will get their hands on it anyway so why not make some profit off it. 

However, I am personally not a fan of it, but that more has to do with how bad it smells and how people in my dorm building smoke it inside and stink up the hallway. It's not a pleasant smell to wake up to if I'm honest.

Another reason I'm not a big fan of it is it's addictive qualities, I think people should be very, very careful with anything that can be addictive, whether it is alcohol, nicotine or whatever else. Addictions are nasty things, they can take over and ruin your life. I suppose I can't say anything about people who just use it recreationally but I'd just say to be careful with it, just like anything that can be addictive. Stay safe and be wise and make sure you don't bother anyone with it's smell. 

For it's medical uses I think it is wonderful though, and there should be more research done to how it could help us and it should be more available in that field. 

Edited by Summer Breeze
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like people that smell like smoke, so I probably wouldn't like this kind of things around me. it is illegal in my country, but normal cigarettes are still around and disgusting!

I feel that cannabis should be recreationally legal, though with similar laws to cigarette smoking and drinking alcohol, such as with age and driving under the influence.
Especially since it does have so many beneficial effects, even medical use, and is not harmful. With the requirement of being an adult being for the fact the brains of teenagers are still developing, and the change in chemical balance cannabis can cause could mess that up a bit if you're not an adult. Otherwise yeah, it is complete nonsense that it's illegal. Since it is far less harmful then cigarette and alcohol, yet those are very much legal even if there can be fairly strict laws for them.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

As a former pothead myself, I do think cannabis should be legalised for recreational and medicinal use, but under similar stipulations as alcohol and tobacco, such as imposing age restrictions as well as conditions when it comes to driving or operating heavy machinery. 

• Brohoof 3