Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ponies have belly buttons?

PinkiePuffPoo

Well, real ponies and horses do.  All mammals do.  The FIM ponies would, too, they just don't animate them.  Of course, there's all kinds of fan clubs for them here.  I think maybe they should draw them on the show.  It's cute.

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 7

As people has have said, biologically it'd make more sense if they did rather than didn't, since it's involved in live birth (Did you know it's actually considered a scar? Honestly, I find that a bit interesting.). :lol: It could be blamed on animation, as maybe it doesn't translate well, but then, human's navel is a good bit more visible than a lot of other mammals', especially those with thick fur.  :)

• Brohoof 1

It's worth calling into attention that there're actual fanfics based on wether ponies have or do not have belly buttons.

• Brohoof 1

Yes they do. There are frames from the show I believe that do show them with a belly botton on those rare glimples we see of the ponies from that angle. The one that comes to my mind is when Rainbow Dash crashed through Rarity's roof and immediatly bounced towards the background. I'm 95% sure you see her with a belly button. XD

Edited by Malinter
  • Brohoof 2

I think they have them, they just don't show them. They are mammals, so logically they'd have them, anyway. It's just not very important for the show. Like others said, maybe their fur covers them.

• Brohoof 1

If the show was scientifically accurate, then yes.

Obviously, the show is not and we have seen the bellies of the ponies many times and no belly buttons were visible.

So, to answer your question, no.

The answer should be obvious.

We're bronies. We notice EVERYTHING.

Well, the writers weren't prepared to BRONAYDOOOOM in the first place  :dash:

Well, real ponies and horses do.  All mammals do.  The FIM ponies would, too, they just don't animate them.  Of course, there's all kinds of fan clubs for them here.  I think maybe they should draw them on the show.  It's cute.

YEAH, BELLYBUTTONS ON PONEH FOR THE WIN  :pinkie:

Well, no bellybuttons in the show, but as stated above, they might not bother to animate it, much like fur looking like skin most of the time

• Brohoof 3

If the show was scientifically accurate, then yes.

Obviously, the show is not and we have seen the bellies of the ponies many times and no belly buttons were visible.

So, to answer your question, no.

The answer should be obvious.

MLP would be so f***ing creepy if it was scientifically accurate.

MLP would be so f***ing creepy if it was scientifically accurate.

It would also be hilarious because I doubt a lot of bronies would still consider the ponies attractive if they looked like actual horses.

Yeah, they probably do, seeing as real ponies/horses do. Unless MLP ponies are born through eggs or spores or something instead of live birth, they probably do. They'd just look kinda weird and be unnecessary to animate.