Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Healthy recipes for lazy people

Member Berry

I'm on a bit of a health kick right now. I'm doing surprisingly well, I worked out I had 8 of my 5 a day yesterday :D I'm mostly eating salads right now. I like salads but I may get bored of them soon. I'm lazy and hate cooking. I did make these a few days ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4UVmQtPo6I

Which were quite nice :)

Any recipe suggestions? I'm trying to lose a bit of weight too so something low in calories would be great.

Edited by Conspiracy.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Potato-leek soup with smoked bacon. It's delicious and easy to make.

Edited by Guest

It's not so much of a specific recipe as a general healthy filler substance.

This recipe is not for everyone, but it has proven useful in overcoming my active dislike of most vegetables. 

Long Recipe

1. Fry mushrooms (or similar replacement) either alone or with flavouring (I often use a small amount of mince and some spices, but neither are necessary.) Alternatively, use tinned baked beans to avoid frying (of if for some strange reason you don't like mushrooms) and add appropriate flavouring.

2. Add sweetcorn and diced pepper (roughly the same amount of each as the mushrooms, but again it's a matter of taste. Use alternatives if preferred.) If you added any flavours to the mushrooms, you may wish to heat the mix again to spread the flavour.

3. Add egg (roughly one per serving) and mix. If you wish, add more leafy greens at this point (if I have any out of date salad that I think would fit then I throw it in.)

4. Add plain flour until you have a spreadable but not too liquid paste. 

5. Cook as the main part of a meal; serve in tortilla wraps, in a pasty, on toast - any way that takes your fancy. Be sure to cook right through, as it contains raw egg.

Note: the texture is determined by the vegetables and how much flour you use. Vary to taste. The flavour is determined by the vegetables and any flavourings you add - I like pre-packaged 'fajita flavouring' sachets that I buy in a shop, but anything that goes with vegetables is reasonable.

Short Recipe

1. Pick assorted vegetables that you object to the least.

2. Cook to taste with flavouring.

3. Add egg and flour, mix.

4. Use the paste as the basis for some other recipe. Be sure to cook right through, as it contains raw egg.

I should add that although I haven't tried it, you could probably make in large quantities and freeze any surplus. 

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yo dudes like bro it is simple dudes. My recipe is like get your supplements and like whatever then you use the supplements. Dudes I'm not trying to teach you like what to do. Yet like if you don't have supplements then you have to get a lot of them fruits and vegetables my dudes. 

Now a good recipe yeah I mean I guess I have one take like a cucumber then a tomato and some stuff you then like do a bowl thing and you then add some seasoning. What is important though is you have salads my dudes. I'm telling you dudes salads are like natures health supplements bros. So like get some and like you know add some olive oil yeah and you're good bro some nice salad dudes.

• Brohoof 1

Dudes you know there are like endless possibilities when it comes to salads. I would recommend though for anyone that is seriously considering a lazy healthy diet. To simply do some research on what you want to accomplish and choose the vegetables and fruits like that. 

If you want a great healthy recipe though I would recommend really most Greek food. Link to this one for example: https://www.themediterraneandish.com/traditional-greek-salad-recipe/

• Brohoof 1

I try to keep to a eating scheduler myself and i  stay away from things like pop or candy or heavy grease foods.  When i snack I try to keep things in portions and or have veggies!  I was a size 18 and now im bout a 13.   But it is ok to have  a cheat item once a week!  

1 minute ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

That is not much salad haha.

Well, usually I am careful with the dressing. Still 10% salad. About 80% cheese, mmm! :please: