Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Journey of the Wanderers OOC (Action/Adventure) (Still searching!)

Jack Baker

Based off of the Dark Souls series, mainly the second one.

TL;DR: There was a war, Equestria won but was afflicted by an Undead curse, everything's in chaos, Celestia and the EoH are gone, Luna rules the ruined kingdom, you are one of the few who aren't fully Undead searching for a cure for the curse.

The land of Equestria was a place of prosperity, hope, and happiness. Under the rule of two powerful princesses, along with protection of the keepers of the mystical artifacts known as the Elements of Harmony, many sought to live in the kingdom so that they may seek a better life.

Those were better times.

Some time ago, a dark lord, a supposed long lost protege of King Sombra himself, sought to not only reclaim his master's glory, but to expand the dark empire he had laid out. He declared war, and with his massive army of beasts, monsters and dark soldiers, marched towards the princesses' castle. The battles were long and harsh, but in the end, Equestria emerged victorious, destroying the dark lord. However, he did not go down silently; with the last of his remaining power, he cast a widespread curse on the kingdom before disappearing in a raging pillar of dark flame. What the curse was, no one knew then. But months later, strange, flaming, circular marks appeared on most of the bodies of the populace, one that only the most learned sorcerers in Equestria knew about: the mark of the Undead. Soon, it slowly claimed the lives of many, especially those who have lost their purpose in life, turning them into withering, soulless corpses, who kill those who do have a soul. Remnants of the dark lord's army found their way back to Equestria, and together with the Undead overthrew the kingdom...

Years later, Equestria lies in ruins. Princess Celestia has disappeared, the Elements of Harmony have disappeared, and the once prosperous land now runs rampant with Undead, monsters, and beasts. Luna now sits at the throne of the castle, hopelessly watching over what little kingdom she has left to rule.

However, not all is chaos and evil. Amongst the Undead, there exists a small few of those who have still yet to succumb to the full extent of the curse, for their souls are strong, as is their will to live. They are from all over the kingdom, still very much alive, searching for a way to rid themselves of it, before it takes them completely.

You are one of those select few.
Rules:
1. The standard rules of any rp (no godmodding, overpowered/overly perfect characters, etc.)

2. There are weapons in this rp, for the most part they are restricted to things such as swords, bows and crossbows, shields, magic, pretty much anything you'd find in a fantasy type rp.

3. Remember, you are a pony with an undead curse. Dying is NOT the end of your character in this rp, in fact is a key part of the story itself. When you start the rp, you are Pure; if the DM (me) kills your character or you decide to off your character at some point in the rp, he/she will become a Husk. This means your appearance will change to that of any other Undead enemies in the world, and you cannot speak with anyone else. However, they can still interact with you, whether by talking, giving you stuff, or attacking you out of fear. Dying again does not get rid of this. You will remain a Husk until you revert back to Pure status; the only way to do that is to find and use Dark Clay Dolls. They are very uncommon to find in the world, but everyone starts out with five,
so don't worry.

4. Everyone should die at least once in the rp; however, that doesn't mean you should limit yourself to one death and one death only. Being a Husk isn't as bad as you may think.

5. There are starting classes that you must pick from to assign to your character; however, this is just to give your character a place to start in, they do not limit the way you rp too much. If you find something that does not fit your starting class(I.e a piece of armor, a weapon) you can still use it, but it won't be as good to you as someone whose class does fit that item. For example, say you are a knight, and you find a magic staff that you want to use. You can use it, but not to the extent that people who are sorcerers can.

Here are the classes:

1. Knight
Starting weapon(s): Sword and Shield
A brave knight. Pretty standard class. Overall, pretty balanced.

2. Bandit
Starting weapon(s): Scimitar
A fierce bandit. Doesn't rely much on shields, but rather parrying attacks.

3. Blade Dancer
Starting weapon(s): Dual Swords
An agile and nimble dual wielder. Has two swords, but can only dodge attacks. Has relatively low defenses.

4. Sentinel
Starting weapon(s): Greatsword and Greatshield
A heavily armored sentinel. Has large amounts of strength and can take many hits, but is very slow.

5. Impaler
Starting weapon(s): Spear
A competent spear user. Weapon has good range, but is not good in super close combat.

6. Archer
Starting weapon(s): Bow and dagger
An expert archer. Has both a ranged weapon and a close combat weapon, and is also very fast, but offers very little in terms of defense, lower than that of the Blade Dancer.

7. Sorcerer
Starting Weapon(s): Sorcerer's staff
An experienced sorcerer. Relies heavily on powerful magic and hexes, which he must stand still when casting them.

8. Cleric
Starting weapon(s): Mace and Cleric's Talisman
A traveling cleric. Uses the power of miracles to heal friends and damage enemies. Also has a weapon to fight with.

---------------------------------------

6. Even in this world, love can still exist. Romance is allowed, but nothing too gushy.

7. No over the top, bloody and gory action sequences, no one needs to know what a character's insides look like strewn across the floor.

8. Whatever the DM says, goes. If I say you're dead, you're dead. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

9. Have as much fun as you can!

Character Slots
Including my OC, Raze, I will take 7 others. I may open up or more as the rp goes on. Along with your OC's name and starting class, please provide a short backstory of your character and what he/she did before the fall of Equestria.

My OC: Raze (Knight)

1. Vivid Clover (Lume WMj) - Cleric
2. Silver Spectrum (Daylight Heretic) - Archer
7. White Rose (Magos Amphrose) - Blade Dancer

Edited by TheKidInTheCorner
  • Brohoof 1

@

Oh wow, this looks very interesting. I'm not very familiar with the Dark Souls series, but I really hope this isn't too much of a problem. I'd love to join in if I could. c:

I'd like to use Vivid Clover for this. As for a starting class, I'm kind of uncertain... My character isn't much of a fighter in general, but I was wondering if there's any class that uses throwing weapons like knives or chakrams, I could use that. Otherwise, I guess she could make-do as a Cleric for a while.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Lume WMj

Of course you can join! Actually, one of the main points of this rp is that the most of the ponies in it aren't really fighters, many of them lived normal lives until the curse struck. Of course some of them may have been in the Royal Guard before, are experienced in offensive/defensive magic, or act as mercenaries. Once the curse happened, the ones that weren't just sort of picked up weapons and set out to cure the curse, getting stronger over time.

Anyways, I'll sign you up. Thanks for joining!

@Lume WMj

Btw, if you can recommend this rp to anyone else that could be interested, please do. Finding people to join has been pretty slow...

• Brohoof 1

Hello there.

I will be joining with White Rose as a Blade Dancer. This roleplay looks interesting, and it'll be great to play with both you and Lume again. :catface:

By the way, I can assist you in DMing if you wish as well, though tis but an offer.

I can't wait for this to get started!

• Brohoof 2

@,

Alright, I slotted you in. Thanks for joining buddy! 

Ok guys, I've actually been thinking of starting the rp now; I mean 4 people including myself is a decent amount of RPers anyway. If more decide to join, then I'll let them in.

What do you guys think?
  • Brohoof 1

@

What if I told you that I was actually about to send you a message asking if you wanted to join this RP?  :toldya:

Glad to be roleplaying with ya again~

@

Sure thing, we can start the RP now'ish... I'm going to bed in a just a few hours, though.

• Brohoof 1

What if I told you that I was actually about to send you a message asking if you wanted to join this RP? :toldya:

Then I would tell you that you were too late; for our dear Kid contacted me almost immediately after he made the roleplay and got my promise to join- perhaps you noticed the Reserved spot that was spot number seven before it was edited to include Rose? :toldya:

I was trying to make a new character, but then I became about as sick as a dog and decided to show up with the character I showed up with.

Good to be roleplaying with you again as well, my friend.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Alright I guess I'll start it now. Give me a few minutes.

Btw, for the most part you should start out separated from each other, but if you'd like to be with someone, that's fine too.

RP's up!

https://mlpforums.com/topic/145753-journey-of-the-wanderers/

@@Lume WMj,@@@Daylight Heretic

• Brohoof 2

@

Oh, by the way, if you don't mind me asking, how exactly do the Husks/Undead behave? Are they like decaying, slow-but-strong type of zombie-like enemies, or do they actually run and chase people down?

• Brohoof 1

It begins

X Files theme plays

Indeed. Go forth and post! And perhaps you could do a thing with Lume so me and Raze don't take over the roleplay because of self-initiated enthusiasm and then it all falls apart? I'd like to nip that potential issue in the bud before it even gets started.

(Initiates auxiliary recruitment schemes)

• Brohoof 1