Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How did you meet your best friend?

Ricebug

I met my best friend in a...interesting way. It was around 6th grade in grade school and two new male students joined my class. I tend to stick with my already made friends so never talked to either of them. 2 weeks in the classroom was all that was needed to make the class hate them both deeply. Their names were Connor and Brandon. One day while on the playground the whistle to line up for lunch time went off. So all the kids ran to their respected lines and waited. Of course everybody tried to be first to get to the food faster. I was at the front of the line since I was sitting there the whole time reading. I stood up and waited. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around. I didn't realize that the two new kids ran behind me while I turned around. When I face forward again they both had cut me in line. Well my younger self was more forward and I decided to tap their shoulders. Connor turned around and said "what?!" Loud and very rude to me. I told him that I was in front of both of them and tried to walk in front of them. When I was at Connors side he grabbed the hood of my jacket and pushed me forward. I fell to the ground and even damaged the library book that I was reading. I got up and probably did the dumbest thing that someone could do in a situation like this. I pushed Connor back and Brandon caught him. Connor proceeded to push me even harder on the ground and I ended up getting a gash in my arm from the second fall.

After I went to the nurse and got it disinfected (I fell on a black top) I came late to the lunchroom and sat down to eat. I was at the corner table by myself since all my friends were sitting with others and I didn't feel like talking to anyone after getting hurt. Connor came over and sat down next to me. He started to make fun of me and poke at my arm. It hurt and I tried to ignore him as best I could. Eventually he started to eat my lunch without permission. That was the final straw and I picked up my plastic spork and rammed it into his hand HARD. I felt bad and was amazed by how much blood started to come out of his hand. He didn't say anything or do anything except ran out of the cafeteria. I never got in trouble since Connor never told anybody about it.

The very next day he found me reading in the shade of a tree and got in my face again. Although he wasn't mad. He seemed proud of me. He told me that he respected me for standing up to his bullying ways and wanted to play basket ball with me. I declined, but said thank you anyway. From the point on he introduced me to the more rougher kids and they all liked the silent shy girl.

Of course nothing like that will ever happen again, but my first best friend was a memorable one. 

• Brohoof 3

I have 4 friends that I would consider my 'best friends', so I am gonna explain how I met the first one for now. It was honestly pretty random.

Back in 2003, I had just got a Nintendo Gamecube and a bunch of games for Christmas, that was preeeeetty sweet. Gamecube was a great system. Anywho, I was at my grandmother's for the time being, but I had my Gamecube there. This was during Christmas break. So I was playing some games in the living room, when two kids knocked on the door. They were from my school, sellling stuff ofr a fundraiser. Classic stuff. One of them seen me playing on the system and he wondered what games I had. He said that he also had a Gamecube and we started talking about that. If I recall, he said he had to leave to finish up the selling stuff but he said he would come over later to chat and play games, like his Smash Bros. Melee that he owned. :3

That is how that friendship began. Looking back, it is crazy how much chance played into that, but I am very thankful for it. :) 

I will explain some of the others at another point. 

• Brohoof 3

I have 2 best friends and I met both in a very similar way! I hated them both! lol. My childhood friend was a classmate in 1st grade, he was friends with my other friend at the time. we hated each other, we would do things just to piss the other off, well the friend we had in common kinda became a total jerk. Somehow we started hanging out and we have been friends ever since. My other friend who I meant online in WoW was the officer in a guild I joined. Total jerk to me when I joined but me and the GM was close atm... and then she went and BECAME A TOTAL JERK ALSO, kicked everyone out the guild and stole alot of our stuff we worked hard to put into the gbank lol. Well same story here, we became close after losing that common friend. It is very interesting that a bad situation can show the best in people and bring them together. 

• Brohoof 1

I met my best friends during the first few weeks of school in 2011, we wern't close actually then one day I forgot how we just suddenly started talking to one another then slowly slowly found out that we 4 had a close likings and sorta click up to this day. We are still close and best friends even after we splitted from the school due to education paths.

I met my best friend through on of my other really close friends actually.

It was on this game that I play, and my other friend had told her about how she thought that her and I would be really great freinds, so, out of nowhere, I got a PM from her. We started to talk, and it turned out that we had a lot in common.

Now, I don't think I could imagine living my life without her.

I've known my best friend since school. We were around 11 and in the same class. All through junior school and high school, we would hang out occasionally, but we had our own separate groups of friends that we hung around with during school hours, but we walked home together since we only liked 5 minutes walk away from each other and so we hung out a lot outside of school. Once we finished school (which is about 10 years ago now) we never really saw each other any more and up until last year, I hadn't even seen her or spent any time with her for about 4 years or so? But we started to grow really close the past year and she bought matching friendship necklaces for us for my birthday. :catface:

So I met my best friend definitely really awkwardly.

It was in 2011 and I was on one of the earth's worst games ever 'Habbo' (ewww), I was basically lurking through the hotel and found this dude named Yuiiky online. We chatted and found out that we had a lot of stuff in common, two weeks after that first encounter I logged on the game and he told me that I definitely remind him of somebody. I had no clue who he was speaking of and then he said that it was a guy at his school, boom bam oh hot damn we were on the same and he was describing me. So we decided to meet in the schoolyard one day between classes and see if it was actually true that we were on the same school. and there he was, obese at the time but one of earth's loveliest persons I could ever meet, ever since we kept hanging out with eachother. Then came a time where he had to move out in the North of France, we kept talking to eachother and everything. but then came my time to go to French Guiana. It was the first time that I was so away from him and since I was basically addicted to him it got me extremely depressed. And now we're no longer talking to eachother at all sadly. And I lost the best friend I could've ever asked for.  :blush:

I don't think I have met them yet, but I have some quite close friends.

The most important friend I have had, I met when I was 5. He was the first person to talk to me positively at all. Damn I have gone from being a chicken to an eagle.

Yeah, I was really bad at making friends when I was younger. I still hang out with him from time to time, but we are not as close as we once were.

The other one I met when I was 7, I was introduced to him by my earlier mentioned friend.

These two are probably the best people I have ever met. We have been hanging out ever since we met. They even introduced me to parkour, video games and gave me a way more positive view of myself as a person.

Edited by Mr. Fluffles

I'll have to redact the NSFW parts, but it was something like this:

I went to high school, and [sO MUCH CENSORSHIP], and we've been best friends ever since. The end.

No, but srs, we met in high school, barely talked or hung out, and after we got out, we've been pretty much inseparable since. So, his new GF is mildly annoyed that we're a package deal. :derp:

3rd grade, she was the loud, weird transfer kid. She's still the same person, and I love her for it. She told me recently our friendship is old enough to drink. I had a good laugh at that.

My days as a 9th grader were rough . I'm 14 going on 15 in a few months and this new girl comes into our class . Erica was nice and tried to talk to me , but you see , I didn't let anyone in , trust , or open up my walls. I was scared , helpless , and teased . I wasn't bullied as badly alas last year but I still had a hard time . Plus with untreated mental illness it was very difficult . I ran away and avoided her . For a year she was in my classes and we talked sometimes . But then 10th grade she asked me too sleep over . And it was the start of a beautiful sisterhood . Erica is sweet , kind , nice , and awesome . She was and is a person I look up too .

My BFF is a guy named CBWWI, I met him 6½ years ago on Aug 6th, 2009 in my 7th Grade English class. The classroom was meant for those who had social, behavioral, or learning problems. It was a small class of 3 plus us, the teacher wanted everyone to make a poster describing ourselves. I was sitting right next to him and we were both drawing our Runescape characters which sparked a conversation. Over the years we became good friends then bestfriends. Now despite us being in two different cities we are still very close friends, and we occasionally go out to eat or hangout every now and then. He even works with me on POGM.

• Brohoof 1

I met my friends on the first day of high school. That's when I met everyone in my class. We gathered around, and we talked about some amusing stuff. As the year went on, our friendship grew. We usually hang out on the school oval every lunch break. That's when we play tackle, soccer etc. We are officially our own gang!

I even converted one of my best friends into a brony! So, I made him an OC!

post-36311-0-42170400-1452587855_thumb.jpg

I have three. So, I will say one for now, and update the other two later. So! Onward with muh story. I was living in my old house, when my a kid road by on his bike. I was staring out ,half day dreaming, from my front porch. when he fell off of his bike. I took notice and walked out to see if he was okay. He tore his knee up pretty well, so I welcomed him into my house, where my grandmother, god rest her soul, patched him up and gave him some candy. Feeling like it would be fun, as I very seldom had a friend to play with, I invited him up stairs to my room, where we played video games. From that day onward we hung out regularly. Still hang out from time to time now, and our doors are always open to one another.

We sort of started hanging out at elementary, and kept in touch even though we went to different high schools. If people are interesting enough, and you care enough about each other to try, you'll find a way to communicate and keep talking.

I've had different "best friends" in my life. Although my recent best friend (at least offline) I met in September. It was our first day at college/high school and I was following someone I had made friends with prior. We bumped into these two guys (we were trying to form friendship groups) and I just went off with them, sat on a bench, and one of them I particularly got along with. 

My current best friend and I met sometime in the middle of grade nine when I started watching soul eater after finishing my homework. he was just finishing and heard some of the other guys picking on me. After I told them to f*** off he wanted to see why they was being assholes and he happened to like soul eater and we talked about it for the rest of class.

I met my best friend back in high school. We ended up sitting next to each other in science class. I remember it being a slow or boring day, so we started talking and ended up finding out we had similar interests. That's how we spent most of science class actually, just chatting about any and everything.     

I met my best friend who is also my girlfriend when I joined the fencing club shortly after moving to a new city. At first we didn't talk much, but then we began to talk online on MSN, which was still a thing back then. Over time we became really close friends, and in one month we'll have been together for seven years.

My other best friend is a guy I met in college (which is really just school) who is just as big of a fan of social interaction as I am (read: not at all) so we get along great.

My best friend comes from the internet.

I met my best friend on the pony Minecraft server now known as Poniarcade. It's original name was PonyMC before it went into partnership with Poniverse and has been around for quite some time.

We met almost a year ago, someone I was talking to thought I would get along great with her so they introduced me to her. Boy was he right. We pretty much clicked. We liked talking about to show and roleplaying together and had many fun ideas to share.

We ended up having some issues with PonyMC in April and decided we didn't want to go on anymore, but we wanted to stay in contact, so, we ended up friending each other on a program. After that, we never stopped talking to each other until one of us had to go, sometimes we even voice chatted. We started talking about other things besides the show and roleplays and we got even closer. She ended up joining in on MLP Forums! ^3^ (And I'm sure a few of you know who she is. X3)

But then some issue came up in August, one day she came on telling me she had to go. She said goodbye to the forums, friends and even to me. And I haven't spoken to her since..

But, just because I can't talk to her anymore doesn't mean she's still not my best friend. I may have only known her for seven months but she was the greatest friend I could ever have, maybe we can't see each other, hear or even talk anymore, but she'll always be my best friend no matter what.