Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How did you meet your best friend?

Ricebug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I already answered, but I also kind of didn't.

I met my best friend on this forum.  There are two reasons I will never regret having joined here, and that friend is one of them.  We were both active in the original (so far as I know) and infinitely more fun "Confessions Topic," and we noticed each other's posts / quoted back and forth.  (I've no idea how I managed to survive that topic without incurring warning points, but it was a different site back then.)  We started PM-ing after or during that, and we never really stopped.  My best friend knows me better than almost anyone; the one exception being my partner.  I've talked to them about things that I've never told even my closest family members.  Although, honestly, I consider this friend to be family.

So that's how I met my best friend.

My real life best friends?

It was at freshmen orientation. It was the seniors way of inducting the incoming class into the school the "traditional way". And that way was a freshmen vs seniors dodgeball battle. Well it was more of a massacre despite the fact that we probably outnumbered thrm 5 to 1. Anyway I'm running around having a good old time and I get nailed in the face with a dodgeball. I go down lose my glasses and basically all I see is white from thr gym lights. I feel myself getting dragged from the front line of chaos and there I was staring at 2 future best friends of high school. Walked away with a small scar but I think it was worth it. Funny when I think about it now

I met my best friend back when I was a junior in high school and was going to a vocational school for half of the day. I first met him in the Video class that I was taking at the vocational school. We were acquaintances for the first few weeks of the program until we were partnered together and tasked with filming a commercial. That's when we clicked, basically. As friends, we have a lot in common. For one, we both enjoy computer stuff, video games, and those "edgy" videos on YouTube, then when I joined the Brony fandom, I showed him a few episodes from season two (at his request, of course. I didn't force it on him) and he enjoyed them. He then also became a Brony.

He's been my closest friend ever since.

Even though he's going to be moving from Maine to the Midwest later this year, I know that we'll stay in touch.

• 2 years later...

My best friend is one of my co-workers who started about a year after I did. She's been a friend, partner and confidant every step of the way, and I felt like I knew her my whole life. people have different kinds of chemistry and it can be encountered in the most unexpected ways and places.

I met him back in 4th grade, when I had transferred to a new school. Er did not immediately become bff's but we became so in 4 years. Been best friends with him ever since.

I have a couple of friends that I consider my best friends.

The first was when I was around 5 years old. We met at a birthday party and just asked if she and I can be friends. She said okay and every weekend when there wasn't school, we'd hang out to play. We went to the same elementary school until around 3rd grade. She had to go to a different school and I didn't see her again until we started middle school. We reconnected and always hung out whenever it was possible. During high school, there were some problems that made her and a few other mad at me. Even though I didn't do anything wrong, they just kept being angry. Eventually, they found out what was going on and they apologized for what had happened. She told me that she saw me as a brother and we became like siblings to each other. To this day, we always keep in touch and always hang out when we have a day off at our jobs.

The second friend was when I met him on Xbox. I think it was around 2013, when we were part of a Naruto gaming clan. We didn't talk to each other that much at first. We did have plenty of matches and funny things to tell each other. When I got into MLP, he was surprised to know that I liked the show. I asked if that was bad, but it was quite the opposite. He told me that he was a fan of the show like I was. I flipped out because that was the first person I had ever known to know about MLP. We spent hours talking about theories, discussing episodes and favorite characters. We even made a tradition to watch every episode of the newer seasons. We watched season's 4 to 7 on Skype and reacted to said episodes. A lot had been going on throughout season 8, but we do keep in touch a lot. We even give our thoughts on the newer episodes and discuss more about MLP.

The third was someone I had met on the forum. I remember talking to her when I was in a Skype group with some friends. I also remember we found a common interest in the Youtuber, TheLostNarrator. We watched her bloopers all the time and always got a chuckle from the videos. We even asked what our interests were and found we had some similar interests. Whether it was anime or video games, we always acted goofy and random to each other. We both freaked out in excitement because we had both met someone, who could relate and understand one thing to another. We considered ourselves besties and we've continued to be besties for about 2 to 3 years now.

I'm not sure if cartoon characters count, but if so, then that is my fourth best friend. My fourth friend is without a doubt Starlight Glimmer from the MLP show. I remember thinking she was a pretty cool and funny character throughout the series. I also remember buying a giant plush of Starlight when I went to BABScon in 2017. During that time, the convention premiered the first two episodes of season 7. During the second episode, I was able to relate to the lesson and what Starlight had gone through. I looked to the plush and asked if that was a sort of meaning behind that. When I lost my father a few months later in that year, I felt devastated. I knew that Bronycon was the week after, but I didn't feel like it was worth it or right to go. In his final moments, my dad told me that he wanted me to go and have a great time. Not to dishonor his wishes, I went and won a tournament in his honor. During that time, I was in the vendor hall when I found a Starlight dogtag/necklace. I felt like the necklace was calling out to me, so I went and bought it. Before I competed in the tournament, I held the necklace close to my heart and asked for it to guide me and show me the way. As I played I felt my dad watching over me and I felt Starlight was sitting right next to me. Throughout that whole convention, it felt like I wasn't ever alone and that Starlight was there for me. Since then, I've always considered her my favorite character and a true, best friend. Even if she's just a cartoon character, I truly feel a special bond that, to me, will always be a true friendship. 

Me and my closest friend have been friends for so long that I can't remember how we met

My other close friend basically didn't give me a choice. I switched instruments in marching band my junior year of high school, and since we were the only two who played our instrument, he basically just wouldn't leave me alone and we became friends

I have 3 best friends then my sister (so I don’t have to expalin that one)

My first best friend I met through my oldest sister... she was dating my best friend drug addicted brother and I just happened to meet her. That was in 3rd grade she been my best friend ever since. 

Second best friend... funny story 😓 (let’s just say he was my bf before becoming my best friend) 

so I was on a site called Xat and its just a whole bunch of different chat rooms and this girl I knew said “go here i have someone who you are gonna really like” so I did and THEN HE LEFT! then came back 4 seconds later and we got to talking and he actually found out we are very alike but very different but then a year later and actually met him in IRL and now we just had our off again on again friendship (very complicated stuff here people) its almost been 10 years since we met.

third best friend: OH BOY IF YOU THOUGHT THAT STORY UP THERE WAS ROCKY YOU HAVENT SEEN ANYTHING YET! 

AHEM: same place I met my 2nd best friend I met My third best friend (but different chat room) cause I was bored one night i went looking for a new one and found this place... well went back the next day and oh boy there he was... this smug SOB we kept talking about drugs and had the girls ALLL OVER HIM.... lets just say we absolutely 100% hated eachother when we first met... he thought I was a goody two shoes Christian and I thought he was just a playboy *insert curse word here* anyways SOMEHOW we got to talking one that February (back in 2011) and found out that WE are completely 100% raised differently... and trust me we have had on going war about our belief system up from a year or two ago but we didn’t really ever let it effect our friendship (ok maybe a fea times) BUT WE have both really grown over time and just listen to the other one has to say even if its wrong. Lol  

Edited by Starlighty

I've made some 'best' friends in the past until I moved away from them. Some became history to me, while some I am still in contact with.

Around preschool:

Back in preschool, I've met this one kid who was shy, just like me. We've always talked to each other before class and during snack time. I used to also be weird, just like him (in this case, many kids always came up to me and rubbed in how I'm a weirdo). He always kept me entertained or occupied during school since I would always miss my grandmother, who always walked me to school. Several years later after my family separated, we unfortunately moved away from our place and had to make new friends over in a more "dirty" area of Southern California.

3rd grade - 7th:

When I was in 3rd grade, I instantly made new good friends at my new school, but only to realize that not only were there a lot of people that liked me personally, but also A LOT that really despised me for how weird or different and sensitive I was. That was when I became the butt of everyone's jokes up until the first half of 7th grade. I have came across 4 others in my after-school programs that personally liked me as a good friend. Despite them also using me as the butt of their jokes, they always cared about me and always had my back. I've had some hardships with some of them, but eventually got out of them. We always played games on our tablets together. I even remembered one time when one of my buddies said "we're always going to be best buddies until we become men." (That almost made me tear up and I was happy about that statement he said to me). Unfortunately, things changed and after dealing with a some tough family obligations addressing my abusive step-dad, it was finally time to move back to my old but beautiful place (previous place mentioned above).

8th grade - 11th grade (today):

When I came back to my old home town, I made two new best friends. They were both pretty tall people from my point of view, but we always had fun together and had some kind of immature-like minds. We always hung out together during lunch and break periods and shared relative thoughts and ideas with each other (including looking at memes of course). We even went to each others houses and did projects or had fun together! By today, they are still my best buddies. In fact, we even have plans of moving in together after high school or during/after college. But even then, I'm still not ready for my future.

• 3 months later...

Met the guy here. Well, technically through a stream from someone else on here, which was how we met, and then we came back to the forums to chat more.

Regardless, he'll always be my number one doofus. He's in the same city as me and we see each other a lot. 4 years worth of friendship worth spent and I'll always look back with a smile.

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

In a closed NASCAR fan group on Google Plus a few years ago. :-P

I would say in welding class a couple years ago but me and him have slipped away a bit so I'd say my best friend now would be @Lucky Bolt and that story has been thrown around quite a bit. She has a different best friend than me because she has this weird thing called a social life.:muffins: Yeah, I had never heard of one either.

I got moved into a different classroom back in 7th grade and the teacher forced me to sit next to him.

At first we didn't seem to like each other or have anything in common but someday we had a long conversation about GTA 5 it started from there.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I met them on this forum! Then we ended up in a skype group chat together and just clicked. I'm so thankful that such an awkward human as myself was able to make such an amazing best friend :grin:

Wow i just realized we met over 5 years ago. that's mad