Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How did you meet your best friend?

Ricebug

My first best friend, or my current best friend? Or... both? I could tell both, I have time.

I actually met my first best friend at a summer camp. We were doing a team activity and got put on the same team... and he f*cked up royally. Basically we were supposed to build a bridge using some wooden planks, and he (I'm not sure if it was accidentally) smacked me in the forehead with one. Naturally, the easily-offended tween that I used to be decided to try and chew him out, and I ended up getting both of us in trouble. Then while we were being detained, we just sort of burst out laughing at how stupid the whole thing was.

My current best friend was met at... huh, another summer camp? It was after the summer camp and they had just handed out awards for good behavior. I didn't know her at all, but since I had a better award than she did, the super-prideful tween that I used to be decided to go over to her and gloat. I ended up humiliating myself more than anybody else, I got mad at her, we became enemies for a while, but then we eventually made up and became pals.

Come to think of it, I was not a nice kid...

One of the engines stalled with an eye-widening, telltale sputtering, and the pilot's steady voice (a mark of discipline) informed his passengers that an emergency landing would have to be attempted.  Though we were flying over land, it was a densely forested area, and our descent was so abrupt that a small chorus of stifled screams - and hurried prayers - emitted from the surrounding passengers.  A bit of profanity slipped from the pilot's otherwise professional lips right before impact, and then a sound like the mingling of an explosion and the loud, rapid cracking of something wooden filled the plane.

When I came to, everything was doubled in front of my eyes.  My head swam, and I was immediately nauseous.  I was sure I smelled smoke, and the ringing in my ears made it all but impossible to interpret what the individual standing in front of me was saying.  Then, the realization struck my battered and sluggish mind: The wreckage of the plane was on fire.

Before I could panic or contemplate escape or take in another seething, painful breath, I was pulled roughly to my feet and led - the world still insistent on riding some hellish merry-go-round - among scattered seats, exploded luggage, and perilous, dancing flames.

And that was how I met my best friend.

Or...  On some relatively risque forum topic.  I forget which exactly.  It's one of those two.

• Brohoof 1

I have two best friends. My first friend, Brittany, I met in Junior High in math class. We were assigned to sit next to each other. I have always been sarcastic and "mouthy", so I often cracked jokes through class and was "sassy". Brittany laughed all the time at my jokes, and told me how funny I was often. A few weeks after knowing each other, she asked me to go to a movie with her. I may have come off as pretty outgoing, and sarcastic, but I was dealing with some serious social anxiety and was fairly shy (still am) but I cover it with humor and sarcasm, and pretend to be outgoing. 

We went to the movie, and had so much fun together we starts spending time together often, and we became insperable. She lived with my mom and I off and on because her family was abusive to her, and she's been like my sister ever since; 15yrs later we're still family to each other. We accept each other for our weirdness, and she's incredibly kind.

My second best friend, I'm even closer with. I met him when I was 21yrs old (27yrs now), and my mother and I went to an audition for Rocky Horror. He was sitting waiting with his daughter, who was 16yrs at the time. My mom and I are very social with strangers, and it was nice to find someone that was as talkative and friendly as we were. I harassed him into auditioning after his daughter, and he ended up getting the part as narrator. I cracked some very nerdy Star Trek jokes, and apparently he thought that was cool and he revealed he was a Trekkie. We became good friends working on the show together despite him being 24yrs older than me, we have a great deal in common. It wasn't until I started having some severe health issues, and he started taking me to the doctor that we started becoming best friend. He eventually started sitting with me during procedures since my mother wouldn't, bringing me food when I was ill, inviting me to go thrift shopping, and talking with me online late at night.

I slowly began revealing to him how emotionally and verbally abusive my mother was, and he shared some of the shit he'd gone through. He ended up having to live with me for a short time (he's got some shitty people in his life), and by then, he was already my best friend. This past year in August my mother go married to a stranger on the internet, and then in October she abadoned the house with everything in it, and left me homeless, and my entire family disowned me. I was planning on living in my car, and had planned to kill myself once I found decent homes for my 2 cats and service dog. My friend found out I had knowhere to go, and pretty much saved my life, and gave me a place to live. He knows more about me than anyone ever has, and I can't imagine him not being in my life. He's the best person I've ever known. 

• Brohoof 1

In primary school when we were young we had a common friend that we always hung out with. We never talked to each other without him there but eventually he left to go back to his home country so me and the him starting talking and became inseparable (it helped we live a 2 minute walk away and still do XD ). 

Got 3 "best friends": one group of three online and two IRL.

Met the three online ones thanks to my Youtube channel. They liked watching my videos and talking with me about wrestling and many other things, hell I even got one of them into MLP! I met two of them in New Orleans when I went to Wrestlemania XXX in 2014. Am still yet to meet the last one of the group.

Met the first of my two RL best friends at my music teachers' workplace. We had an argument over the quality of Guns N Roses' Chinese Democracy album in relation to their older material. Even though our relationship started off rough through that, we slowly became best friends due to liking similar things. The other was a course mate at my University, who I eventually moved in with upon leaving student accommodation. Too bad we live on different sides of the country, or we'd probably be seeing each other more often.

We don't talk anymore but I moved to a new area, went up to the bus stop at a new school, she said she liked my shirt, and the rest is history. We also apparently unknowingly known each other since kindergarten. I don't have any rl friends left though so my best friend slot is wide open  :please:  

Online-wise, met them through these forums here lel

• 2 weeks later...

We met in college. They were a clueless dork when I first met them. Now they're a medical-school dork.

In all honesty, I've never seen anyone grow in life as much as my best friend has. This person is my regular source of hope in humanity's ability to do right by one-another.

on tha bus in the 9th grade. sat w/ him cuz he was quiet unlike just about everyone else on the bus. one day some kid was saying something dumb and we got in a debate with him and we became friends from there. i dont remember what it was about, but ya. 

altho my childhood best friend... i dont even know how i became friends with him, so long ago. was probably on the bus too tho cuz i know i met him at school but we were in different grades.

I first met him when I was around... 11, I think (?), although we didn't talked that much at that point, but things changed one day during a trip.

He threw out at the bus, then he got basically cornered and left alone, and he started to cry because of how his other "friends" left him like that for throwing out. In that moment, something made me approach him and give him company, moment where we connected rather quickly. Almost 8 years later, we haven't stopped talking, and we still try to spend time with each other and have fun,even when we are a bit far away when compared to when we were in school.

My best friend and I met during the sixth grade, in cooking class. I remembered that our class was supposed to pair up to do a project about gelatin, and I didn't know anyone in my class back then, so it made my situation a little more difficult...and then she sits down next to me. Everything began when she decided to actually be my partner.

It all started from there, and then grew more to a sturdy friendship (with some minor bumps here and there, but otherwise pretty strong). Over the following years, we began to open up with each other, and try to make each other's day better. She helped me realize that it's okay to show people my thoughts and feeling, rather than hiding what was bothering me.

Even now, I'm thankful to know she would back me up in a fight. I couldn't imagine how everything would be like if we haven't met that faithful day :)

• Brohoof 1

it was my first year at a new school and we were on a school trip

i already had friends and all, but none of them liked geek stuff, so it kinda felt like something was missing

on our way back, i sat beside her on the plane since the seats were pre established, and once she turned on her laptop, i could see her bg with anime stuff (i was on my weeb phase) and i got super excited that i've found my people

ofc i took 15 minutes to actually talk to her, thinking whether it'd be a good idea or not, turns out it was

thanks to her i also met my other best friend, since they were already hanging out

I met my first best friends in middles school at lunch, and she was being silly and random and I thought it was funny. Along with my other friend, too, we were a gang of three. But when high school started it fell apart, me being kicked out first then probably everyone else started to find their cliques and stuff. Last year was sophomore year and I didn't really talk to anyone, but I had my two friends Tina and Holly but it was a fall out too with them. Then I met my current friends that are online at the end of the year and have kept in touch with at least two of them, one being my awesome girlfriend and my child Zero. XD Then at school this year I became friends with freshmen that are awesome to be around, Lauren and Kasey, BOTH FURRIES! Plus Abby and Dan, and a bunch of other awesome people.

I consider my 2 brothers to be my best friends. We've shared great laughs and stuck it through together when times were tough. Plus, I know that they will always have my back and I will have theirs for the rest of our lives. Friends can come and go, but your family remains forever!

Well,

I joined a fencing club, because I wanted to do something in my spare time.

At first I befriended this one guy there, and I just chatted with that guy all the time.

After a year in that club I noticed that this one guy was actually really cool.

And then we became frieeeeends. :bedeyes: