Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Thunder Dash's *NEW AND IMPROVED* free OC Theme Request Thread (CLOSED)

Courageous Thunder Dash

Hey... Don't mean to push, but wondering if you ever got around to finishing that. It's been over 3 months, so... If not, then could you add me to the waiting list again?

I keep forgetting about this thread, but then it pops up again and I wonder if you ever got around to my request.

Hey, remind me what OC you had again. If you looked at my previous posts, you saw that I got busy. Now that I have more time, I will be sure to get to yours ASAP. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, uh... was my theme ever done? I think I posted in this thread a long time ago and gave a link to my OC's page on Deviantart.

Hey, totally my fault. I will make up for your theme. I thought I was gonna have more time, but turns out got more work hours...

Holy shit, this is brilliant. It's not really what I had in mind but sweet celestia this is amazing and it just gets better. How did you make this? What are these instruments? What DAW is this?

It's the bottom deck keyboard in the image in the OP. 

You made all of this on just one keyboard? How?

My Kronos has motion synth technology, that whenever you hold down a key, a pattern plays. This is due to the static sequencer that captures each sample. It then runs it through a tempo reader. These motion synths I had running were all presets. 

@@MindPalace,

Well, here you go. I really hope you like this. 

Never Stopping.mp3

(edited)

Your songs are amazing! I don't really have an OC in particular for the song, its more for myself. But I guess Sir Cal Stonehoof is my OC, so yeah. lol. 

I'm wondering if you can blend styles? Because what I'm looking for is a combination of Celtic (Irish Celt), and Western styles of music. I was going to ask if possible for a Bohemian/ Czech style touch in it as well, but I couldn't find any Czech traditional music that was along the same slow, laid back tone. 

I haven't found a traditional Celtic style song that I think would fit with the other song I have in mind, but here is the other example I do have:

Rimworld OTS- Moving On (Western Style, in my opinion that is)

https://youtu.be/tZBiyCPVA-w

I think what I'm looking for is something that would fit in with the Fallout: New Vegas/ Fallout: Equestria worlds. Its sounds old, has the hint of the past, and a sense of something lost. I don't know if that helps or not.. Oh and I was wondering is it possible to make it sound like its a song from an old vinyl record?

Kind of how it sound from  "Hay Ms. Derpy" from the Fallout: Equestria radio adaptaion

https://youtu.be/tKBjGdDVPiA

If this isn't possible please let me know. I could elaborate somehow.

Edited by Sir Cal Stonehoof

Hey, remind me what OC you had again. If you looked at my previous posts, you saw that I got busy. Now that I have more time, I will be sure to get to yours ASAP. 

Hey I get that you get busy. No problem, man. Happens to everyone. I was just wondering because it's been a long time and you seemed to have skipped me. Sorry for late response. I keep forgetting about this thread, lol. Thanks.

My OC https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/treble-r8882

You're songs are amazing! I don't really have an OC in particular for the song, its more for myself. But I guess Sir Cal Stonehoof is my OC, so yeah. lol. 

I'm wondering if you can blend styles? Because what I'm looking for is a combination of Celtic (Irish Celt), and Western styles of music. I was going to ask if possible for a Bohemian/ Czech style touch in it as well, but I couldn't find any Czech traditional music that was along the same slow, laid back tone. 

I haven't found a traditional Celtic style song that I think would fit with the other song I have in mind, but here is the other example I do have:

Rimworld OTS- Moving On (Western Style, in my opinion that is)

https://youtu.be/tZBiyCPVA-w

I think what I'm looking for is something that would fit in with the Fallout: New Vegas/ Fallout: Equestria worlds. Its sounds old, has the hint of the past, and a sense of something lost. I don't know if that helps or not.. Oh and I was wondering is it possible to make it sound like its a song from an old vinyl record?

Kind of how it sound from  "Hay Ms. Derpy" from the Fallout: Equestria radio adaptaion

https://youtu.be/tKBjGdDVPiA

If this isn't possible please let me know. I could elaborate somehow.

I can certainly try, though I'll have to make something from scratch...my Kronos has world samples so this can work.

ATTENTION EVERYONE

As of today, I have brought some new speakers for my keyboard. I cannot record with my phone anymore since I'm running stereo now. I cannot record my Kronos directly into my laptop. I will have to save up for an interface. 

So as of today, all requests will be put off until further notice. I will update everyone when things change. 

• 1 month later...
(edited)

My Kronos has motion synth technology, that whenever you hold down a key, a pattern plays. This is due to the static sequencer that captures each sample. It then runs it through a tempo reader. These motion synths I had running were all presets. 

@@MindPalace,

Well, here you go. I really hope you like this. 

attachicon.gifNever Stopping.mp3

So sorry for not replying quickly, I sort of forgot about this.

Anyway, this is great! The middle bit was a pleasant surprise. Thanks a lot man!

Edited by MindPalace

So sorry for not replying quickly, I sort of forgot about this.

Anyway, this is great! The middle bit was a pleasant surprise. Thanks a lot man!

No prob. Glad you liked it, and yeah, the middle part was a really cool switch. 

• 3 months later...

ATTENTION EVERYONE

As of today, I have brought some new speakers for my keyboard. I cannot record with my phone anymore since I'm running stereo now. I cannot record my Kronos directly into my laptop. I will have to save up for an interface. 

So as of today, all requests will be put off until further notice. I will update everyone when things change. 

I know you said you would update us when things changed, I was just wondering if there was any change? 

Don't mean to sound pushy.

Edited by Sir Cal Stonehoof