Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Imagine no reproduction tools

Lithophila

A Brotherhood of man.

Instead of reproduction with each other. Having no penis or vagina. Imagine how easy life would be that way :o. Equality at its finest too.

In this new world... you'd lay egg every 20th year. 3 times max. And then that golden egg hatches and there you have a baby that is nourished enough to walk and eat.

The new world of humans, old cultures and stuff is of the past. We are now reformed as humans! Or if not then atleast i wanna become an android robot. ^^

Curious to your opinions if we as humans didn't have it in general.

Edited by Lithophila

(edited)

Well it wouldn't work. Mainly because you still need to fertilise the egg. And you need to have reproduction tools for that.

Not necessarily. I mean maybe some species need to fertilise themself... i am not 100% sure on that. But there are some species that is just one species and dont need a partner to fertilise them. In terms of some insects etc.

I'd just imagine that biologically speaking it will just happen naturally over time... and Boom... a new life is born :)

Edited by Lithophila

Not necessarily. I mean maybe some species need to fertilise themself... i am not 100% sure on that. But there are some species that is just one species and dont need a partner to fertilise them. In terms of some insects etc.

Well if you're talking about Parthenogenesis then I got a bad news for you, it doesn't occur in mammals(at least not naturally).

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3400500288.html

This is an excellently apt and brief read to note why asexual reproduction would be a terrible path to follow.

Screw having to pop out an egg every 20 years. I sure as hell don't want any such thing. I don't even want a kid the normal way. Let alone being stuck with three at even intervals across my life.

None of this would stop fighting between people. I don't see at all how it would. How does this stop racism? Unless you want to have everyone look exactly the same. Even if skin colour was all the same, people would just fight over eye colour, or hair colour. You make those the same and we'll start fighting over things like sports vs literature. This isn't even getting into conflicts of religion and political stance. The more you remove, the less human we become.

Ponies are quite certainly mammalian. Fictional and simplified, but still mammals.

• Brohoof 1

Sex is used for more than reproduction. Among many animals, sex is used for social interaction. Humans are counted among those species that have recreational sex. It helps build romantic bonds between partners, strengthening their relationship. Sex is a vital part of human social interaction, which is why it's so ridiculous that many culture stigmatize it. 

• Brohoof 1

The thing is, the main problem humanity has is not being able to live together in peace. We never have been and never will be able to see past our differences and work together for something simply because humans have utterly different interests. Look at other animals, they live together in small groups, larger groups or even alone and fight against other groups of the same species or try surviving against their enemies, like predators, in an attempt to survive and reproduce. This is the underlying concept which humanity has altered quite drasitcally, pretty much placing us at the top of the food chain and changing the concept of "survival of the fittest". Even so, it is foolish to assume that we could ever achieve this thing we now call something like "world peace"; living together in harmony while being able to maintain this peace through solving upcoming conflicts. Being able to communicate with every individual on this planet doesn't help, either, but is rather making it even more difficult due to our differences. The world is run by selfish people who only care about themselves and maybe the people close to them which makes perfect sense and is nothing that we will ever change; mainly because we don't want to chage.

tl;dr

People will never change, no matter what!

To come back to the original topic: Despite this being completely unrealistic, even applying this in theory will accomplish nothing since it's going no directed at the main problem but rather a "symptom" of the underlying cause.

Edited by Velcorn

Sounds like you are suggesting that we become like the Nemekians from Dragon Ball Z, lol

But seriously, I actually have had similar thoughts. Sex is the cause of so much human suffering and complications and can be argued to be holding us back. It's just a primal instinct to make animals reproduce. And as you may have noticed, mother nature does not care what measures are taken to make ends meet. But we are human, we understand how reproduction works, it's not rocket science, we don't really need this instinct.

In philosophical terms, in an asexual society, we could focus on exploring the galaxy, haha

Edited by whitetiger187
  • Brohoof 1

I read that Komodo Dragons can reproduce asexually, and they seem ok though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNoY9ribw4A

Soooo.... We should all become disease carrying pathogen demons? (because they have some pretty nasty saliva. Lol)

I can imagine a world with tackle, so to speak. It wouldn't change much though. Racism and all be damned, we don't need much to fight. Humans are violent animals by nature, they just like to parade their kills around. And people would still be just as equal as they are now. The ones with enough money to not be noticed won't be damned by society, and the ones who don't should avoid screwing up, because they can't buy their way out. Because humans rock. We find interesting ways to kill each other. XD

• Brohoof 1

I have a certain assumptions that if we did not have sexual parts, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I mean, humanity has a lot more petty reasons to hate each other, sex is actually one of the last things in that list I think. Humankind is too busy fighting over manmade politics and the like to care. 

I have a certain assumptions that if we did not have sexual parts, it wouldn't make much of a difference. I mean, humanity has a lot more petty reasons to hate each other, sex is actually one of the last things in that list I think. Humankind is too busy fighting over manmade politics and the like to care. 

Yes, but I lot of these things are based on human wants, such as resources, food, sex, greed and so on.

Edited by whitetiger187

I'd just imagine that biologically speaking it will just happen naturally over time... and Boom... a new life is born :)

That actually leads to evolutionary stagnation and (more often) extinction. This is why we shall have no bananas eventually. It is a novel concept, but the reason you have a gender specific reproductive system is for genetic diversity in order to protect the species.

I'm going to miss bananas

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

That actually leads to evolutionary stagnation and (more often) extinction. This is why we shall have no bananas eventually. It is a novel concept, but the reason you have a gender specific reproductive system is for genetic diversity in order to protect the species.

I'm going to miss bananas

Yeah. I've heard that some scientists have said that. I just wish it didn't work that way. But then again i can't change natural laws so : 3.

But what if you could have genetic diversity aaaand this type of reproduction... That would be pure utopia :)

Like if one can imagine that a random slot machine just picks and chooses genetic information that differs from you in some ways, or produces something that is different. Like magic :o

Edited by Lithophila

This reminds of that episode of Futurama where that rock being made both sexes gender neutral. I do think that it would actually promote equality among the sexes if nothing else.

That is an idea seen in Gundam Seed. It works out pretty badly. Because that slot machine.... Is other human beings. Who get to pick and choose our very existence, and write our destiny. Sounds kinda shitty really. I hate to say it, but I think your focus on a perfect utopia is in the wrong direction. By your logo on the matter, I could just as easily create a harmonious utopia via 2 routes. The first and most bloody route. Annihilate humanity as a whole, until extinction. Or the second route, cyberize humanity, and reprogram the cyborgs to be peaceful to one another by making then all emotionless, and unable to disobey protocol, which would be easily possible by simply removing the brain, and replacing it with a computer.....which would kill the soul..... and individuality, so wish granted? I guess....?

I'm pretty sure if I suddenly stopped having a penis I would be immensely disappointed in life. I generally think of sex as being a good thing, so anything that takes that away is not something I'd like. But if I was born that way, grew up that way, and never knew what sex was because there was no such thing, then perhaps it wouldn't be so bad.

Getting rid of reproductive parts wouldn't change much at all. If it's not gender that separates people, it would be race, or hair grade, or eye color, height, width, caste position etc. Even if you were to get rid of these variables that cause discrimination, we would next be fighting over who's poop is bigger, lol. :lol: As crass as that sounds, the point I'm trying to make is this: in order to stop discrimination, you have to change humankind's heart. And this is an impossible feat apart from divine intervention.

• 4 years later...