Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Mechquestria: System Reboot

Denim&Venöm

Due to a whole bunch of players becoming inactive and being non-committal to staying or leaving, despite having played key parts in the story, myself and the remaining active players of Mechquestria are rebooting the game. This will still be co-managed by Mystelf & @Emerald Bolt,

We'll be using the same setting and characters.

It's the future. Humans and ponies have made contact. Technology was introduced to ponies. Ponies used magic to further technological advances light years ahead, creating the worlds first technomagical devices, machines and programs.  They made advanced cyborg parts that could be equipped and controlled from a distance. Eventually, entire robot bodies were built and controlled from home. A living mind could be digitized and permanently installed into a robot body. Eventually, Equestria developed the first self aware machines. Thinking, feeling, robots.  A century later, Equestria has become a futuristic utopia. Princess Twilight now presides over the nation from within her own metallic chassis. Robotic ponies and cyborgs of all shapes, sizes and makes, now go about their lives among towering skylines. 

As far as I can tell, this RP will be the first to feature the option for robotic or cyborg characters. Though it isn't required. You can still play a regular pony or other creature in a futuristic world. Just about anything within reason is acceptable. The RP will be mostly slice of life, but will have a bit of an adventurous start. The game for the most part will be taking place in a college campus. 

All I'll need from you guys are:

Name:

-Are you a living being?

-Are you a cyborg?

-Are you a robot? If so, were you built, or were transferred to a robot body? 

Race:

Age/Years of Operation:

Cutie mark (if applicable) (yes, robots can get those too):

Appearance:

Or just post a character link

Also, if you do intend to join, we ask that you be committed to the part. The original had to be scrapped to do key players up and quitting. So if your in, be in for the long haul, and if you do have to live, then work with us to write your character out so as not to grind things to a halt for the other players. 

Edit: Restart complete. RP is a go! 

https://mlpforums.com/topic/145891-mechquestria-my-life-as-a-equine-robot-00110010/

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

@@reader8363,

So, he'd be a cyborg Kirin then? Backstory is a bit dark for what we're aiming for but we can try to work around it.

The game takes place on a college campus. He can be a student, a teacher, a guard assigned to the campus, building staff or a technician at one of the labs.  

*raises hand*

I don't have to reapply, right?  

*chuckle*

And do there need to be any changes to my character?

Is there any sort of opposition to the utopian government? Can't a terrorist of some sort take control and reprogram pure robots or even cyborgs? Virus them or anything? They are circuit and computer based, seems dangerous...

:sneer:<-Mischievous Spectre

Edited by The Lonesome Spectre

@,

There is, somewhat. Most opposition is located on Earth.  That has become the designated world for those humans & ponies that wish to remain flesh and blood while living a less tech dependent life style, while Equestria is home to sentient AIs, cyborgs and those that wish to co-exist with them. 

We probably wont be delving too much into that. It may crop up here or there, but for the most part this'll be intended to be a slice of life RP. 

@@Denim&Venom,

Since we're doing slice of life could I be the one cutting the slice in that case? :fiery:

Okay, all jokes aside... I'm heavily considering it, though I prefer to keep to some bigger action with such settings, and knowing quite much all[2] my OCs are very much rebellious and would be in the opposition to any sort of such utopian movement... or even if there isn't an organized rebellion of any sort then still cause trouble.

But meh, I might just go normal... but yeah, still considering it. I'll probably go with Unicorn Stallion Nightlight.

sig-4306047.sig-4304593.YZqhY6K.png

Simple unicorn who simply enhances his suit with robotics and magics.

Edited by The Lonesome Spectre

@,

We'll see how things go. I intend for there to be some action as we progress. So, a unicorn w/ a mech suit. For the time being, accepted. Keep in mind, still on a college campus. Still slice of life for the most part. Though that doesn't mean you still can't be a trouble maker.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'll join  I just thought the privious one was done for and did not check back

I can adapt the military thing as he is part of a project tasked with controlling an android in Equestria and interacting and integrating with the populace each participant is sent to different regions and he happens to be sent to the college.

Due to this being military the android is equip with light armor, a ability to interface with Equestria's magic field. In his case his android can use magic like a unicorn, and he has a standard human combat rifle . (Kinda using an altered Avatar idea without the humans are greedy bastards part.)

Anyway the hope is to eventually find a way to let humans survive the ambient magic in Equestria so humans can enter the planet without fear of death and the two races can finally interact face to face.

The project is know to both human and pony governments but kept away from the public due to the amount of radicals of each race that would try to stop it.

The unicorn pony android is grey with a forest green mane and tail and brown eyes. It also posses a cutie-mark that is a computer with a image of a rifle on it. When in combat the android can switch to a biped mode that lets it use weapons like a human would but this disables the magic module

Human name:Marcus Vencule. Pony name: Indicus  

use my human variant of Indicus from the last one same changes as last time 

@@reader8363,@@Shadow Dancer, @, @@@Randimaxis,

Alright. It's been a week. Plenty of time for anyone interested to join. Lets' get things rolling. If you were a part of the original RP, then you can just edit & copy paste your original intro posts. 

RP is a go!

https://mlpforums.com/topic/145891-mechquestria-my-life-as-a-equine-robot-00110010/

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom

I was digging the harder edge of feeling the urge to tear oneself apart to replace the weak flesh with metal - to 'feed the machine', as it were.  It had a more sinister feel to it...

However, I DO like the new one, and the explanation you give for it is solid.  Nice

(STILL like the old one better.  Humph.)

• Brohoof 1

@@Midnight_Aurora,

well that depends you have an OC for me to look at?  

Or a character submission? 

@@Denim&Venom

Additional: I want to add another OC for me to play since I am a DM i'll let you read her over and approve her.

here: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/crystal-bass-note-r9258

I'll try to get in a post tonight before I go out of state for a few days - I'll return no later than next week, I promise.

And damn, y'all... way to make Twitch feel welcome.  *chuckle*  Seriously, though - good times.   :umad:

oh fuck no, you gonna do a Aura on us!

*laughter*  COMPLETELY expected that response! 

Seriously?  Chances are, if they have a net connection I'll pop in and post.

My dumbass cousin has gotten themselves in trouble, and me (the cousin who never gets a response when he calls them) being the only one in our family that'll bother helping.  If you have angries, throw them at him; I'm just trying to do the right thing... 

Sometimes it sucks being the 'black sheep' in my family.

But no, I have every intention of indulging in my addiction returning to the RPs I'm in as soon as I cross the threshold.