Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Mechquestria: System Reboot

Denim&Venöm

Um, mind if I ask for some clarification before it becomes a question?

The MemScan... were those memories displayed on the globe & heard out loud - or was it all in Feeder's head?

Annnnd caught up. For now. The only posts I've skimmed were the Emegel posts (Yea that's a ship name now guys), because while fun for you guys to read/write there was no actual story there for the overall plot.

So here's what I'm seeing post-SOL-exposition.

We have Luster, an Ultron-like but less badly programmed AI. She's just trying to get back to her mission of keeping the worlds safe, even if that means making everyone afraid of her, protecting them by force. Gee, I wonder why she was taken down? No really why? Sarcasm, of course. Someone didn't bother to explain this problem to her after it became apparent (Or program properly so it never comes up), when she could have just learned of the issue and corrected it when someone explained it to her. That IS what a true sentient that has the capacity to learn would do after all, especially a logical digital entity like that. Computers of any kind should enjoy logic debates, and this one seems to be more computer than mind download. Not sure how much of that is in this one. I'm only going by what D&V RPed out, and that's the vibe I get.

Created from a collaborative effort by scientists from both dimensions more than 100 years ago. Hmm, that brings up an interesting thought. How many of them are still alive? Probably zero, but hear me out. Fun idea. What if she met one of her creators? In this timeframe Lektra would be only slightly younger than Emerald (See their profile age difference and Emerald is 134 here, making the RP take place 111 years after show Equestria, therefore making Lektra 127), kept alive by her suit, and would have been around for everything that gets established after the events of the show, creating "Mechquestria's present". What if she was in on Luster's creation? The head scientist in charge on the Equestrian side. She would have been vehemently against Luster's shutdown, even if her Magitek is different from how Luster functions. At least the current chassis. What if Lektra was intimately acquainted with the process of Luster's creation, and someone trusted by AI?

I'm going with a Tony Stark/Reed Richards created Ultron scenario like in Marvel, because that's already some of what she's inspired by, even if I didn't originally intend it and the concept evolved into this. Meeting and reconnecting with the head scientist on this side that Luster trusts and who trusts her would provide a way to calm the AI and help it learn. It's something Ultron has been repeatedly shown to be incapable of, but as Luster has stated she doesn't want to kill and she seems to a lot nicer than Ultron. Unless I'm reading this wrong, D&V doesn't intend for the character to be evil or an antagonist. So she therefore might respond well to this, provided I'm allowed to join in like this. I feel it fits my character and it's something she would have done, even being in on the creation of the electronic magic-enhanced tech running rampant everywhere. It's not her Magitek, but a derivative that's more electronic than magical. Still something she would have been in on and fits the character.

So how about it, Emerald and D&V? Can I please do this? It's just extremely fitting and I feel makes sense for the character.

*passes out at noon after reading 15 pages in one go, hoping for good news upon return*

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

So how about it, Emerald and D&V? Can I please do this? It's just extremely fitting and I feel makes sense for the character.

(see I remember your mentions don't work)

I like it so it's a yes from me. 

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for not mentioning! 

Well considering Denim made a RP post and didn't comment negatively instead, I'm assuming it's fine with Denim too. Ok let's make it so, then. Thanks. I'll make a post soon.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

Well considering Denim made a RP post and didn't comment negatively instead, I'm assuming it's fine with Denim too. Ok let's make it so, then. Thanks. I'll make a post soon.

It's more so that I don't stop by the OOC very often unless I'm mentioned or quoted.  

But anyways yeah, I like that idea. And actually, her attitudes aren't computer based. Quite the contrary. Her stance is a rash, emotional and judgmental one. She see's a guaranteed threat to Equestria's future, she's gonna make a preemptive strike. Shoot first, ask questions later.  Oh they explained the flaws alright to her. But she's stubborn and called them blissfully ignorant pacifists afterwords. Doing bad things for good reasons.  Essentially she's an Anti-villain here. 

So sure, Lektra could be involved in that capacity. Though she won't be the only one. One other from her past will make an appearance (if we ever get out of the sub lab anyways).

• Brohoof 3

Well I can't do that very well on a phone, sorry. Maybe I should have when I wrote that. But thanks for confirming. 

I got that she's not completely computer logic based, but it's in there. She's definitely not out to cause trouble on purpose just to cause trouble though, as you've been writing so far anyway. I feel she needs someone on her side and who can act as a true mediator, as well as someone intimate with the inner workings. As much as you feel like telling me anyway without spoilers, and I assume most will just happen as we go. Leks would do everything she could to keep her child functional, but can still rip it to shreds and start over if need be, cause making her resist Leks magic would be counter productive. Needs repairs, maintenance, and upgrades. I'm fine with you objecting to that, as it's you character and could be messing with your plans, but I'm saying the creator shouldn't be locked out of control of the creation is all. We can find another way if you think I'm taking the idea too far at any point. 

These are my initial ideas right now, before I get into it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really want to do this but I fell that is is a must I'd like to impose and half an hour limit on posting it's going too fast we need to slow down a little people, lets just take our time and enjoy what we are all creating.

@@reader8363,@@Denim&Venom,

Guys ^^^^^^ 

If you agree of course D&V?

• Brohoof 1

They are going a bit fast back and forth, but I do wish they'd get there already. She could have been doing this at the ED, with her "mom" going tsk tsk the whole time. It would be much more interactive for others.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy,@@bronislav84,

If we wait, then it will take us longer to progress things. Us goign back and forth makes the RP more genuine. It feels like interaction, rather than waiting around and playing a game of forum tag. We wouldn't be waiting around if all of us were doing this in person.

So if we wait to post, then you'll be waiting to post too.

After this part is done, I plan on reaching the engineering department. 

As for Leks involvement with Luster, well, I'll let you in on the backstory I had planed. (for your eyes only)

Lektra would've been working on her with Princess Twilight Sparkle during the events of the show. Contact was made with earth but it was kept very limited on both sides. You, Twi and your team would've interacted with Earths scientific elite. How and why you decided to build an Equinoid? Well it's spun off another idea I had where said scientists build a lifelike pony android and pilot that to explore Equestria in their steed. Long story short, the bot gets discovered and this gets Twis interest to set up a team and form a colab.

Thus Luster is born from human and pony brain scans, among them, your's and Twis. She looks nothing like she does now. Basically a tv screen with a camera, mounted on wheels. That's Mk I. Each edition she gets more interactive, more ponylike, more sentient.

MkII, she's a pony shaped erector set.

MkIII, she's covered in wires, pistons, and loose plating, looking like Ep.1 C3P0

MkIV, is where she looks more akin to modern Equinoids. A fully functional pony robot.

It was around this time she delved into research of earth, and though this, deemed humanity Equestria's greatest threat.  

Mk.V is where she wishes to take part in Equestria's defense against various threats. A bigger, bulkier model, looking like an 80's transformer. With this, she was going to storm earth. But was beaten by the mane 5. 

Mk.VI looked like the love child of Megatron & super shredder (not the Micheal Bay ones). With this she beats the remane 5, but looses to Twilight. 

Mk.VII is where she is now. She more directly emulates Twilight and alicornhood, her quantum singularity core giving her enough power to best her. But she gets outmatched by the other three princesses.   

And then there's Mk. VIII. The form that held it's own and bested all 4 princesses.  The only way that form was beaten, was thanks to Rusty, the original ponybot, being piloted by the earth staff,  fueled by all the alicorn magic, and a really lucky shot. 

Her AI core survived. Was transferred to a lock box, and then sealed away in a nondescript warehouse. Till 122 years later that is.

So really, Lektra will be dealing with a more grown up daughter, and the only villain that instead of doing terrible things to Equestria, does terrible things out of love and fear, for it. 

Any questions?

Edit: Also, I don't get mentions or brohoof notices in this thread for some reason. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

Not really. More like slight plot holes.

The only thing is Leks would have been 5 if the timeframe lines up. She starts off 16 (Or age of the M6 if your interpretation is older than teenagers) so that time spent in a lockbox might need to be lowered.

I like all of this actually, especially including Leks brain scans too. But explain why when Luster was getting too destructive she didn't get ripped to shreds by Lektra's metalbending talent. While in her suit she is extremely powerful, on par with the princesses. It's designed that way. Basically the idea with the suit is she can reform it into different shapes, eventually becoming Hulkbuster (Alicornbuster), and it's meant to fight overpowered characters. This has always been the case with the suit: It's the antithesis to overpoweredness, fighting fire with fire. It's extremely powerful and not used in most RPs for this reason. If I'd shown up earlier, Lektra would have been able to subdue Luster with a loving hug, shrugging off possible blows. Though if I had shown up earlier, most likely after that it would have been her releasing Luster and not Twitch. Because reasons you're able to guess, I'm sure.

How would you feel about a Mk 9 chassis for her? That is what I was suggesting at the end of my post as the thing she made.

• Brohoof 1

@@bronislav84,

Well to fix that there are a few things.

A. We nerf the metal bending thing. Or.

B.  Luster had two ways to deal with magic. The BKC armor she mentioned in her intro. That stands for black crystal. Neutralizes magical contact. You couldn't even touch her with you Powers. Then there's the blue armor that's been revealed. Slipnirium, the same metal that comprised the armor of Nightmare Moon. Acts like a magic syphon, absorbing whatsoever shot her way. Not only that, it actually reflects kinetic energy, so physical attacks are worthless as well.

As for timing, we could adjust things, maybe 10 years after events of the show start (1010 CE). I was planning on her whole pre confinement life lasting 12 years. Being a machine, she would grow and adapt much faster then a pony would.   So maybe just 100 years in the box. 

A Mk.9 model? Yeah, that would be cool. Probably need to know what Mk.8 looked like. Or do you just want to wing it anyways? Ether way, she'll be weary of Lektra, one of her 'parents' that didn't get her vision and refused to help. I'd imagine her staying neutral as Luster & Twi butted heads.

You know I don't get mentions? I do, but they just send me to the last post, making them useless in a fast moving thread. That didn't even come up at all for some reason.

Metalbending and enchanting the metal she bends is her entire talent, evolving and adding technology manipulation in high tech settings like this. Her concept breaks down otherwise. How would you realistically nerf it without destroying her entire concept? In a world such a this she needs to be this powerful. It's why she fits into the world so well, actually. Her talent is designed to scale up in high tech environments. It balances out because of the rules of fair play between players, overexertion, and some things would just always be unfair to do. Work with me here? It's such a neat thing we're developing, just needs some talking and how far we wanna take it.

Her character concept is in a magic world untainted by humans, magic is effectively the technology. That is her concept. Magic can do things that mechanisms can't.

Lektra has power over metal on the molecular level. If it's metallic, it's available. So the only thing I can think of without breaking the metalworking concept as it needs to work in a high tech setting like this is there's enough Slip to push away her control over the rest of the chassis. I'd honestly be more comfortable with that, as long as you'd be comfortable that they'd be evenly matched. Having designed most of it herself, I think it's pretty fair to be allowed to be able to match it in her own ways. Knowledge is half the battle. Not quite the same, but to where it can be evened out.

I am fine with the timing then. How old would she have been when the project was started? Teenage like in the show? +10 to the show being when the project starts puts her at 26, and +101 based on Emerald's age being 134 puts her at 117 presently.

I'd rather we wing the look and work it out when the time come. As for where Lektra stands as far as sides are concerned, you're pretty much right. But not completely. Every time Luster was upgraded Lektra upgraded her suit to keep up is how I'd like to play it. Knowledge is power. While not actually fighting to destroy Luster, she would have been there to mess with her and keep destruction from being caused by both parties. Twilight included. A balancing agent, basically. The suit is designed to be strong enough to defeat or match overpowered characters, and Luster fits the bill. Never actually acted directly hostile. This also explains why she didn't just wreck her creation.

You have to understand she -really really really- wants to help Luster and make good on the failure, without anyone being hurt. Including her creation. This needs to be explained to Luster herself. Leks is not a pacifist, but she doesn't want to just unleash the faulty AI out into the world again as is. It needs to learn, like a child needs to learn.

As your intention is anti-villain for her she can't -quite- be "reformed" but she needs to calm the buck down and stop seeing everything as a threat, including the humans. There will be a lot of talking involved.

If you've already read, please read again cause I added stuff.

Edited by bronislav84

You know I don't get mentions?

Well when put that way, I guess the power can stay, as beyond this, it probably won't be sued too much. Luster's slip metal absorbing Lekrta's magical contact with it, and then the black crystal coating over it acting like a screen against all magic would've stopped her. 

Yeah, that timing can work. Staring the project at 26 then. 

And Child is a fair description of Luster. Despite being incredibly advanced, the limits of tech at the time only allowed her to reach the emotional maturity of a teenager, hence the rash actions, the stubborn & rebellious nature and the know it all attitude. That also may factor into the resentment towards her parents, namely Twilight.

Upon creation, Twi never really treated her like a daughter. More like a project that she tried to shape in her own image, from her look down to her voice. But when Twi refused to see things Luster's way, she got called out as a hypocrite, as those fears about humanity largely came from Twi, but magnified. And that fueled the direction of Luster's advancement, trying to surpass her creator, keeping traits like the mane style, basing her cutie mark on Twi's and adjusting the voice, as a way of saying "This is how you should be. This is what you can become. I am the protector of Equestria you refuse to be. You can now emulate me." Twi trying to shut her down a few times didn't help things.

That's namely the reason for her trip to engineering. Upgrade herself to as close as she could to Mk 8. She fully expects Twi to be waiting on the campus doorstep, and she wants to be ready to fight.  Unfortunately for her, she has no idea of how much time has passed, that Twi is now the most powerful machine in two worlds, and that she is no longer the only AI, seeing every machine around her as a piloted construct, with Twitch & Ignis only supporting this. Which is why the lab techs acted in such a way. They weren't sure if Luster would freak out upon learning she is no longer unique.

@@Denim&Venom, @@Mentis Soliloquy,

this is the gau 19. he has 2 of them And instead of a 50mm cannon, He'll have a 75mm cannon. It's basically his AT gun and long range sniper. Though instead of having that large of a break, it has a smaller one, also, it has an auto eject system like the real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR9vqJZkmJYd

Edited by Aurora Lights

I prefer to just make up my own weapons as I go, mostly because I don't know RL weapons so well. They tend to look and act like sci-fi weapons.

Well when put that way, I guess the power can stay, as beyond this, it probably won't be sued too much. Luster's slip metal absorbing Lekrta's magical contact with it, and then the black crystal coating over it acting like a screen against all magic would've stopped her. 

Yeah, that timing can work. Staring the project at 26 then. 

And Child is a fair description of Luster. Despite being incredibly advanced, the limits of tech at the time only allowed her to reach the emotional maturity of a teenager, hence the rash actions, the stubborn & rebellious nature and the know it all attitude. That also may factor into the resentment towards her parents, namely Twilight.

Upon creation, Twi never really treated her like a daughter. More like a project that she tried to shape in her own image, from her look down to her voice. But when Twi refused to see things Luster's way, she got called out as a hypocrite, as those fears about humanity largely came from Twi, but magnified. And that fueled the direction of Luster's advancement, trying to surpass her creator, keeping traits like the mane style, basing her cutie mark on Twi's and adjusting the voice, as a way of saying "This is how you should be. This is what you can become. I am the protector of Equestria you refuse to be. You can now emulate me." Twi trying to shut her down a few times didn't help things.

That's namely the reason for her trip to engineering. Upgrade herself to as close as she could to Mk 8. She fully expects Twi to be waiting on the campus doorstep, and she wants to be ready to fight.  Unfortunately for her, she has no idea of how much time has passed, that Twi is now the most powerful machine in two worlds, and that she is no longer the only AI, seeing every machine around her as a piloted construct, with Twitch & Ignis only supporting this. Which is why the lab techs acted in such a way. They weren't sure if Luster would freak out upon learning she is no longer unique.

It really won' be, and I'm cool with that. The RP is mostly SOL, at least for now, and her technology magic basically helps her and everything operate better. Balancing/nerfing is still not really needed though since Lektra wouldn't want to fight her child after all.

While the research project thing is definitely spot on, I think Twi wouldn't have been that uncaring. Maybe she was blinded by her want to have a successful project, not realizing the project was becoming self aware and learning the wrong things. Lektra sure wasn't, and had always been on Luster's side for the most part. I'm going with they had to distract her to allow Luster to be taken down, because she would have never willingly allowed it.

So she's preparing for a war that will never come, and a fight with her other mom which will also never come even though she would lose handily. Unfortunately for her the weapons she's looking for have been long decommissioned as outdated and scrapped. Fortunately for her there's a design for a new body ready to be made, if only Luster would calm the buck down and do some growing up. Consider it a reward if their long talk goes well. I honestly don't see why it wouldn't, considering Lektra understands what's going on.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe not uncaring, but she wasn't fulfill the role of friendship princess. This is where her SciTwi side takes over and she viewed her relationship with Luster as more teacher and student, than mother and daughter, which is where mistakes were made. 

And decommissioned or not, Luster knows how to build those weapons, whether they be RPG's w/ black crystal shrapnel & mini-rail guns, to her built in plasma torches & particle fusion cannon.

She could've been distracted. She could've been ordered to sit it out when  Luster went Mk.7. Or maybe Lektra simply underestimated Luster when she was Mk.8 and became her first victim, being spared at the last moment.

Doubtful the talk will go well. Talks rarely go well with teens. She'll say yes, and placate things, but when confronted, she's going to throw down, especially when her inevitable reunion with Princess Twi goes down.

Heck, if what I planed goes down, she won't be getting to use that new body for very long.

Maybe not uncaring, but she wasn't fulfill the role of friendship princess. This is where her SciTwi side takes over and she viewed her relationship with Luster as more teacher and student, than mother and daughter, which is where mistakes were made. 

And decommissioned or not, Luster knows how to build those weapons, whether they be RPG's w/ black crystal shrapnel & mini-rail guns, to her built in plasma torches & particle fusion cannon.

She could've been distracted. She could've been ordered to sit it out when  Luster went Mk.7. Or maybe Lektra simply underestimated Luster when she was Mk.8 and became her first victim, being spared at the last moment.

Doubtful the talk will go well. Talks rarely go well with teens. She'll say yes, and placate things, but when confronted, she's going to throw down, especially when her inevitable reunion with Princess Twi goes down.

Heck, if what I planed goes down, she won't be getting to use that new body for very long.

Man that's some horrible mistakes right there, then. Horrible.

So she would want basically useless weapons made? Ones that Lektra can snap in two nowdays or just ignore completely cause they're that weak? Yea sure, that's a productive use of materials and the company's money. Just to humor her cause it already seems she's not getting the new body, Lektra will make her the weapons to prove they're useless.

Distracted is the only way that could have gone down, because Lektra would have been there to defend her creation from destruction, and they wouldn't have wanted two world threats to deal with. Knowing exactly what she's capable of Leks can't be defeated by her own creation, so that idea is out. Once Luster was taken down though and the remnants hidden, Leks would have taken a while to grieve but wouldn't put up a fight.

If it goes poorly she's just not going to get the new body and will be out on her own and using outdated stuff, with the facilities closed to her for further upgrades. That can only go badly if she tries to go after Twi and the humans, but that's probably already what you intended by the sound of it.

Orrrrrrrrr we can go the other route. To be transferred into the new body she already needs to be shut down for the transfer regardless. The personality and logic reprogramming can be done then, bypassing the need to learn and just forcing the update, but if that's not what you intend for the character then she's just going to grab her weapons and get rekt after. GG

Edited by bronislav84

And Twi knows that they were mistakes. Hence why she'll be showing up. To try and make things right. Wisdom=Age+Experience. She believes that now Luster's awakened in the future, it'll be easier for her to grasp the magic of friendship, and find ways to protect Equestria without resorting to genocide.

Thing is though, Luster doesn't know those weapons are useless. To her, they're state of the art. If Lektra is willing to share more advanced options, she'll consider them.

And does Lektra truly know what Luster was capable of? She might've made her, but could she predict how she was gonna grow up and what upgrades she would employ herself? Twi sure didn't. She was just as involved and still got her flank soundly handed to her. Twice.

It's essentially saying that a parent will know how their child will be when they grow up. Its unpredictable.  

Yeah, a forced reprogramming wouldn't work. Luster would be wise to that. She wouldn't appreciate being lobotomized. You're right, she'll need to learn otherwise. Perfect considering they're at a college.

Oh and Twi has a plan shoudl things go sour, one that will help Luster see the world in a different light.  

And Twi knows that they were mistakes. Hence why she'll be showing up. To try and make things right. Wisdom=Age+Experience. She believes that now Luster's awakened in the future, it'll be easier for her to grasp the magic of friendship, and find ways to protect Equestria without resorting to genocide.

Thing is though, Luster doesn't know those weapons are useless. To her, they're state of the art. If Lektra is willing to share more advanced options, she'll consider them.

And does Lektra truly know what Luster was capable of? She might've made her, but could she predict how she was gonna grow up and what upgrades she would employ herself? Twi sure didn't. She was just as involved and still got her flank soundly handed to her. Twice.

It's essentially saying that a parent will know how their child will be when they grow up. Its unpredictable.  

Yeah, a forced reprogramming wouldn't work. Luster would be wise to that. She wouldn't appreciate being lobotomized. You're right, she'll need to learn otherwise. Perfect considering they're at a college.

Oh and Twi has a plan shoudl things go sour, one that will help Luster see the world in a different light.  

Well the not resorting to genocide is what I'll be RPing Lektra toward, so maybe we won't need Twi depending on how you play that out. I've got a lot of fun plans to play through, if you'd allow it.

And she will get those weapons, only have them disarmed while on school grounds, because rules. Or just snapped to pieces immediately after. Your choice as GM and owner of the character. The more advanced options would be with the new body, but she's only getting that if she behaves, which doesn't seem like it's going to happen. It's not built yet and would just be a schematic shown to entice her.

A bot making her own upgrades? Well she could still get scanned and countermeasures be made, but maybe that might have been harder. Not undoable though. The only way that would go down would be that Lektra needed to be distracted or she would have been fighting to protect her creation from destruction. In fact she was until she was distracted, and Luster should remember that. Leks would be the only one who ever supported her. It's unpredictable, but not impossible considering a bot can only upgrade itself so far without help from it's creator. The intelligence evolving would be unpredictable though, I concur.

If she's not going to submit to being taken offline then she definitely won't get the new next-gen body, because that's how the transfer is performed. Even promising to keep her intact without reprogramming she would need to be taken offline and stored in an inactive state like on the hard drive in the lockbox, and then you know as well as I do that Leks could be a liar just this once and do it for her child's own good anyway. So no, I suggest she NOT submit to being taken offline.

I still think we don't need Twi, if you'd let me play this out with you. I have a lot of ideas.

Edited by bronislav84

Well Twi is gonna get involved in the RP for the sake of the other players involved at least.  Luster is also her creation. Whether or not she'll actually be in a face off against her is yet to be seen. Though Lektra will have to do a lot of convincing for Luster to think otherwise.

As for transfer to the new body, Luster would probably just do a direct uplink, her functionality going in piece by piece from one body to the other. But if that's the only way, she'd go though with it. Though not without a back up plan. 

Originally, I was gonna have Luster be all badass, tear though some EUP bots, maybe take on Ignis, Shadow and Emerald at once, before charging headlong against Twi, only to be one shoted via hacking. But this is potentially more interesting.  

Well Twi is gonna get involved in the RP for the sake of the other players involved at least.  Luster is also her creation. Whether or not she'll actually be in a face off against her is yet to be seen. Though Lektra will have to do a lot of convincing for Luster to think otherwise.

As for transfer to the new body, Luster would probably just do a direct uplink, her functionality going in piece by piece from one body to the other. But if that's the only way, she'd go though with it. Though not without a back up plan. 

Originally, I was gonna have Luster be all badass, tear though some EUP bots, maybe take on Ignis, Shadow and Emerald at once, before charging headlong against Twi, only to be one shoted via hacking. But this is potentially more interesting.  

I've planned for a lot of convincing, and it will probably span a lot of pages and the others are welcome to join us. For the sake of not having spoilers within spoilers and not spoiling TOO much for ourselves, because I'm sure the others are reading too and having too much planned makes stuff not be fun anymore, I don't want to tell you. Let's just say it involves travel but not actually going outside the school. Oh, how does that work? Not telling. :P

Luster can't upload herself into Magitek. While the new body wouldn't be 100% Magitek, a Magitek Spell Drive has zero electronic components and relies on a practitioner of the necessary spells. The only remaining practitioner this far into the future is Lektra, which is why she's forced herself to stick around so long. If she dies the knowledge dies with her. She doesn't trust anyone with this, and it's basically she does it or no one does. Quite the conundrum for the child, eh? Do I trust mother to help me, or get rekt by my other mother? Either way she loses if she doesn't calm the buck down.

Hacking? Really? That is what Technology Manipulation magic is, but since you're making her resist magic I can't do that with magic. Who would have the necessary knowledge to do it? Either of her moms, which again means even if Lektra can't do a magic hack she can do a computer hack. So again Twi wouldn't be needed unless you are having her keep the knowledge to herself. Entirely feasible.

Edited by bronislav84