Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you get paranoid?

Grtxkkyz

So, is it easy for you to get paranoic regarding a certain topic that makes you uneasy easily? Like, say, someone or something breached in your home while you weren't looking, polithical affairs gone wrong that may or may not end in a war, y'know, the usual stuff.

You're talking to Mr. Paranoid here. Never mind, you're not actually talking to me, I'm just answering this post. Can't keep my brain from random thoughts. Please, someone, help me!

Seriously though, I can get quite paranoid about stuff and constantly overthink stuff .-.

You're talking to Mr. Paranoid here. Never mind, you're not actually talking to me, I'm just answering this post. Can't keep my brain from random thoughts. Please, someone, help me!

Seriously though, I can get quite paranoid about stuff and constantly overthink stuff .-.

"All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy

Think I'll lose my mind if I don't find something to pacify

Can you help me occupy my brain?"

• Brohoof 2

Yes. When I hear boots stepping on my wood floor, I get the feeling someone's breaking in. In the dark, I might see a movement, then feel like I'm being haunted. When watching MLP, I feel scared that someone will see me, and if it's someone like my neighbor, he's likely to be either laughing or pissed at me.

I do not get paranoid or stressed about things very often. I naturally have a pretty laid back/ worry free personality. That's not saying I've never been paranoid about something before. My senior year of high school I was paranoid that I would fail my AP statistics class. I was doing fine in the class, but I was worried that it would get harder and I would fail. It did get pretty hard, but I managed to hang on to a passing grade. I was mainly worried because I would have not graduated if I had failed that class. Everything turned out fine.

Very much so when it comes to sound. I like knowing why I hear what I hear, especially passive sounds I associate with movement. I also sometimes get the feeling of being watched. If I feel uncomfortable enough or it's strangely too quiet, I grab something to defend myself with and check the immediate area. I probably spook myself looking for these watchers than the paranoid feeling itself...

• Brohoof 1

I am pretty paranoid all-around considering I have panic disorder.

I always fear that I could die at any minute, a natural disaster will happen, or something irrational like that.

Actually, in some cases I might experience a sudden influx of paranoid thoughts, yes. Fortunately, it's nothing severe.

The most common situations arise from interpreting social cues, like whenever my manager is actually snarky or just tired, or if the sudden muffled laughter I've heard from behind me is somehow related to my behaviour, and of course there are those small talks that seem to go nowhere and make me think if what should I do in order to save the conversation from going increasingly awkward. Other examples include spotting a group of young adults on the street and somehow percieving them as as a group of hooligans looking for someone to mug (bonus points if they have beer bottles and/or it's dark), having someone walk behind me for some time, and... planning where to park my car in unfamilliar places.

So, yeah, that would be it, I think.

You have all been noted, and records of this conversation and its participants have been turned over to a higher authority.  Feel free to continue posting as you see fit; chances are rather good that we already know who and where you are.  Should a participant of this thread become the target of government interest and/or elimination, you are reassured that it most likely perhaps maybe did or didn't might have come not not from this thread; your suspicions are invalid, and you are to pretend this post never happened in the first place.  As it goes, by the time you read all the way to the end of this, the post here will have already begun fading from your memory, and within a week's time you will have either forgotten completely about this post, or you will have obeyed the subliminal message encoded within and simply decided that this is a mere prank.  Either way, the resulting loss of interest will be all the same, and this post shall be overlooked.  Do not read this sentence under penalty of law.  There, see?  Now you've read the trigger phrase, and your mind will slowly begin to release its grip on the memory of this post.  The Illuminati continues to control your life, exactly as it should be; thank you for being a participant in this social experiment known as "MLP Forums" to the public (project: saddle to the rest of us), and we shall be enhancing our monitoring sweeps on each of you to compensate for this knowledge we have allowed you to peruse - now forget.  Sit.  Stay.  Good human.  Complacency is the cornerstone of control, don't you know.  We appreciate your obedience, drones. 

_Thank you for your time.

• Brohoof 5

When am I NOT paranoid?

Siting home alone, parents at work..and I hear random noises..thinking it's someone breaking/sneaking in. Sometimes I swear I hear  voices or see things, even though I'm the only one home.

If I'm walking down the street and I see a group of 2 or more people coming at me, I'm always paranoid they're gonna try something...like mug me or something else. 

I dunno, maybe it stems from the fact that I Was bullied and such in School as a teenager. :blush:

I used to be VERY paranoid. As a kid I believed that people could read my mind. I even came up with "spells" to protect myself from the mind-readers.  :confused: It all ceased with age, tho!

Everytime I get to school I'm really scared of getting assaulted because that actually has happened to me twice...

That's not paranoia. That's fact based...make sure you contact school administrators, teachers and school safety officers about any issues you have. 

• Brohoof 3

I have generalized anxiety disorder, so paranoia is pretty much my middle name. An odd middle name to have but it basically is that. I am often paranoid over many things that just don't matter, big and small. That is why I try to ignore the news so my mind doesn't get any ideas. Like getting some horrible disease or something, I worry about that a lot and if I ever feel even a bit off, I get all paranoid about it. Not good. 

• Brohoof 1

I once armed myself with a knife because the mailman was knocking on the door.  And last year I armed myself with a fire poker because I thought a family member taking a shower was an intruder.

Judge for yourself.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very paranoid and very neurotic about... lots of things. Most involving my possessions. I often times despise having others (even friends) touch my stuff without permission for various of reasons.

Yes, I've been clinically diagnosed with Paranoid Personality Disorder. Luckily it's been pretty well-managed with medication so it doesn't affect me as much as it could. It affects how I view other people's social intentions, not any of the stereotypical conspiracy stuff. Only once in awhile will I have a bad day and break down because of it.

Yeah, anxiety is definitely something that comes with Aspergers' and related conditions. I often just fall into panic attacks over small things. Not the best when it happens at school, where you can easily get picked on for panicking.

I've met people with it much worse though. I'm quite lucky.

In the past, and in the worst throes of obsessive compulsive disorder (diagnosed, going on 17+ years), I could be extraordinarily paranoid.  Worried constantly about harm coming to people for whom I cared, whether or not I was safe, whether we might be burglarized or robbed, and other various fun things.  If my mother didn't come home when expected, I would stare out the porthole in my front door and try to put down the horrible scenarios that ran through my head.  Things are no longer anywhere near as bad; my condition, in general, has improved substantially since meeting my partner.  But I've definitely been to that place of constant, life-limiting paranoia.