Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone have Autism?

Lithophila

I got Asperger's. While it hasn't hindered me very much, it does make me rather clumsy for a good deal of time. On the other hand, it allows me to concentrate more on areas such as art and drawing.

• 6 months later...

Many People tell me i have Autism, from the very start of my life until now.

I got kicked out of multiple work Places, got bullied a lot and suffer from depression.

Even though whenever i go to a Doctor to actually let myself get checked, they simply say i have nothing.

Which helps me not in the slightest.  :okiedokielokie:

I still dont have any reallife Friends and still feel depressed from time to time.

Maybe i have autism, maybe i dont.

I have no clue.  :blink:

Hey. You know what? If you DO have autism (which I do) this brony's got your back!

yep, aspergus, you can have friends all your life but then they will leave you, and then you will figure out that you've probably been a pain in the neck to them their whole life and you didn't even realize it at the time.....yep...autism is great fun.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I would count, but I got an IEP for autism when I continuously had panic attacks in elementary school.  I also couldn't make eye contact with folks and I had a really bad stuttering problem.  I still don't like making contact and I stutter when I get excited or nervous.  As for the panic attacks, let's just say there's a reason why people often tell me I should smile more.

I sort of have Autism, but It's on a very weak spectrum which is lucky for me. I try not to let it bother me but it has a huge impact on my life. See, I tend to have these periods where I find something really cool I get attached to, and then for a few months I can't stop thinking about it and talking about it. After a while it dies down a little, but it stays as one of my normal interests. This was also the case for me and MLP, back when I first joined the fandom, and even now after rejoining it. However I like to think that other than that I'm completely normal (Well, other than I like MLP and that I still even watch cartoons and play E+ video games even though I'm a male teenager. OK, I'm done pointing out my flaws now XD) and that my Autism doesn't define who I am. To be honest I find it more comfortable to just pretend I don't have it and fool myself, it makes me feel better. However it has more of an effect on my life and the people around me than me myself. Seriously, at school all the teachers talk to me like I'm braindead or that I'm 5 years old and I'm a "special snowflake" as they call it. I've had to put up with that all the way up to high school now, and it really, REALLY gets annoying.

I have not been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome but I have a lot of symptoms so I might get that checked out.  I've already been diagnosed with a learning disability a while back and I have anxiety.  I have done OK in life so far but my social skills are poor.

Most people on the internet seem to have autism.

I have Aspergers which count, but it's more that this thread attracts both people who have it or believe they have it. I try not to make it look too special, especially since the excitement over it has long past and most Aspies and even autistics are treated rather warmly in society. I had shaky starts in elementary where I was more prone to breaking down, but after middle school people were tolerant of it, if not at the least indifferent. 

I don't think being an Aspergers excuses me from being antisocial, anyway. 

I have Aspergers which count, but it's more that this thread attracts both people who have it or believe they have it. I try not to make it look too special, especially since the excitement over it has long past and most Aspies and even autistics are treated rather warmly in society. I had shaky starts in elementary where I was more prone to breaking down, but after middle school people were tolerant of it, if not at the least indifferent. 

I don't think being an Aspergers excuses me from being antisocial, anyway. 

I usually ignore this but since it's in direct reply to me.. asperger's is an outdated term and the word "aspie" has always kind of offended me, though that's personal feelings. The current term is Autism Spectrum Disorder, which is perfectly understandable if you didn't know, I'm not trying to make you feel bad, just to inform you.

and yeah, I can see what you're saying. People are more likely to view something they relate to. If someone dosen't have autism or know someone with autism, then it might be pointless for them to comment. 

People do seem more accepting of it now, yeah. Might just be because we're older now, though. I had lots of issues as a child, myself. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have Asperger's, but according to my psychologist it's not very strong, kind of borderline neurotypical. Before I was diagnosed I had thought about it, but I actually came to the conclusion that what I had was actually ADD, although Asperger's looks like ADD a lot of times. 

Yeah, though most people I meet are surprised and couldn't tell I have it.

I've worked through most of the symptoms, though there's little things here and there that signal it. I was diagnosed at 4 and have dealt with it ever since.

It wouldn't surprise me if I was on the spectrum somewhere. I haven't been officially diagnosed or anything. My uncle had autism and my cousin has autism so it wouldn't be shocking if I did have it slightly.

I was diagnosed with high-functioning autism over a decade ago. 

I'm sometimes hesitant to reveal my condition--I don't want people to tiptoe around me and treat me as if I were a little kid. :okiedokieloki:

People can make very frustrating assumptions about you when they discover you're Autistic.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah I've got it, but I wasn't diagnosed until I was about eighteen, resulting in my parents raising me as they did with my brother and sister, for which I am grateful. I would have hated being treated as 'special' I mean sure, it would have been nice to know earlier so things with my family (my dad and brother) weren't so strained until then, and possibly me having home schooling instead, but yeah..

I'm also really slow to react and have very low self esteem and confidence because of it, also my brain just doesn't like retaining information.