Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best Games for Custom Character Creation?

SilverStarApple

What are the best games that give you the ability to create your own characters? I personally like Skyrim, Mugen, and the only Soul Calibur game I have.

Rate it on the following:

Customisation options: 0/10

Usefulness of custom characters: 0/10

Can you use these characters against others? Subtract five if the answer is no.

Overall score: ?

You don't have to use that system, but something like it would be good.

I don't really want to try to rate anything, but because the number one most important thing in video games to me is character creation, I'll list a few. Divinity II, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Fire Emblem Awakening, basically any Elder Scrolls game, Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Fable II and III to an extent, Saints Row, Dragon's Dogma. Basically any MMO. I'd probably say Saints Row 3 and 4 have the best character creators as a non-MMO.

Most wrestling games tend to have good creation suits, such as WWE Smackdown vs. Raw series. Good physical feature and face sculpting. A fair list of hair styles & attire. You don't really talk much in these games and you'll have a set of 5 or so voices to choose from, but that's if you play story/career mode, and then you're stuck playing as the guys (WWE is a bit sexist). The other half of creation is move sets, where you pick and choose every combat action from the ground up. It's evolved to choosing specific fighting styles to narrow the vast choices and add abilities.  

So in game wise your set for versus mode & various match types (unless you're playing a female character, than you're barred from most of them). You get one campaign mode as your created character, depending upon the game this could be a few hours of game play or a career mode spanning several days of play. Every now and then you'll get a choice system between good guy & bad and a choice of stipulations.

I stopped playing around SDvsR '11. Creation didn't impress me much. Not sure how it is this year, though the previous game was panned for stripping away most of the creation suit in favor of better graphics on the next gen consoles.

I haven't played them yet, but I hear that the older games like WWF: No Mercy & WCW/nWo: Revenge for the N64 and WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain for the PS2 are the best for creation and game interaction.