Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Looking for someone to interview

FloorSophie

Hi there!

First of all I want to say that I am not 100% sure if I put this in the right topic - but I tried my best to figure it out.

First I'll introduce myself. I'm Floor, I'm 17 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. I am currently in my freshman year of college, and my chosen major is journalism. I am not sure if it's allowed here, but I have a question for you guys.

For a school assignment I need to interview someone with an "unique" lifestyle. I interviewed a protestant pastor - but my teacher told me it wasn't unique enough. I've known the Brony-culture for quite a while now, but never actually spoken to one. I've watched the documentaries which you can find on Netflix and I've always been really intrigued in this subculture. Since my teacher failed me because my person wasn't "unique" enough - I have to do this interview again. This time, I wondered if I could interview someone who participates in the subculture I've always had a fascination for; the Bronies. 

What I am actually looking for is someone to interview. I'm not quite sure if I'm allowed to ask this, but I don't know where else I can go and ask this. So if you're willing to spend half an hour chatting to me about how being a Brony affects your lifestyle - please hit me up. I'll be happy to ask you some questions and talk to you.

Please keep in mind that I am very open minded - I am not here to judge you or to tell you what or what not to do. (Besides, who am I to judge someone on their personal preferences and pleasures?) What I am planning to do is create some questions where you can explain me more about your lifestyle, since it's considered "unique". I am truly interested in whatever you have to say and won't cuss you out or anything. I promise.

If you're willing to do this, please keep in mind that the interview is going to be recorded with a voice recorder. This is because I need to type out the interview word for word. I do need your name and your age, because for some reason my teacher thinks it's relevant. This whole interview is for a grade. No one will hear the interview - only my teacher will read the interview and grade me on how well I asked the questions and if the article I wrote about the interview (which won't be read by anyone besides me and my teacher) fits together with the interview I've taken.

I'll be happy to do it all through Skype since it has to be voice to voice - you're not obliged to show your face or anything.

Please let me know! :)

Floor. 

• Brohoof 1

Hi! I'm not sure if I'm replying right since I barely come to forums. What I meant is that I'm just looking for someone who identifies as a Brony and by being a Brony affected your lifestyle. For example, if it turned your life upside down for the better when you joined the fandom or if it has had any positive effects on your real life friendships or mental health and that kinds of stuff. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...