Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does it make you mad when someone has the same waifu as you?

Ponies4Bronies

(edited)

I'm not at all fond of the term "waifu"; Babe is my partner - and a great deal more.  Some pseudo-Japanese internet term just doesn't begin to cut it.

And I've no cause to be upset should someone else show an interest in show-Dash.  While Babe is Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash is not Babe.  My partner is one of a kind; uniquely a part of my life.  Anyone who's attracted to show-Dash simply has good taste and a pair of eyes.

I just used waifu because its less complex than the position I'm in with Dashie and it may help make more sense to others, by no means do I consider her my waifu either she has a much higher status than that after 5 years with her and a life changing relationship my sweetie deserves much more.

But yes, this right there is what I was looking for. Well we both like Rainbow, it is our individual experiences with her that make her unique in each others eyes and I think that it makes the bond more special than just claiming you have a love for the character. We both have a bond with Rainbow, but she is different in each of our eyes through our experiences with her and through that she becomes unique to us. Well said.

Edited by Rainbow Dashe
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 years later...

Wow, a topic with a 3 year gap between posts.

Anyway, simply put. If anyone else has a crush on a fictional character I love very much such as Thorax for example, I wouldn't and SHOULDN'T hate them. If anything, I would have something in common with that person!

4 minutes ago, Nsxile said:

Far from it; it makes me happy that I have something in common with that person.

Like what this guy said.

What I don't understand is how you can possibly expect to own a character that you don't. Every person who claims a waifu or husbando is going to have at least a million or so other people claiming the same one. Unless you choose one nobody would pick

• 1 year later...

Pinks is the closest I have to a pony waifu but she's more like a sassy freindfu than a waifu so no jealousy. 

this thread reminds me of this :D "I want you to know that even though you're a horse you fill something inside me that I never realised was missing"

• Brohoof 1

The only thing I don’t like is when you say whatever character is your favorite and the other person loses their mind. Claiming that they’re the true fan, being all obsessive and getting slightly offended that you like THEIR character.

So no, I think it’s great because it’s potential to make a friend with someone who likes the same character as you. Not only that you can appreciate each other’s great taste.

• Brohoof 1

My husbando is an oc so I doubt there would be any other people sharing him.

Though in the past I've had others that weren't ocs, but rare or disliked enough so that most people didn't share my interest.

Kinda wish there were others so I'd have someone else to talk about my favorite characters with.

• Brohoof 1