Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dealing with depression... pony-style.

SnowDust

9 hours ago, luftschlosslicious said:

This post is so late. :lol: I'm only, what... five/six years late. 

Anyway. 

I have periodic depression and pretty severe social anxiety. Thus, I've always had a really hard time making friends, which can be even more depressing. Watching MLP never fails to help. I've learned important lessons from the ponies and can always rely on the show (and the fan base) to cheer me up, whether or not it's intentional. ^^

Very true. I used to struggle with depression and social anxiety. Since joining this fandom, I have improved so much. I now have lots of friends, have no problem socializing, and have managed to (mostly) stay happy and keep the depression away!

All thanks to this show about colorful ponies!:P

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not get depressed. 

However I do have a good friend who does. It can get really bad at times. I do my best to help. Its the hardest thing to do. 

Like... How do you tell someone who cannot feel anything that life is worth going on? I mean really they can't feel love, hate, or any other thing.

I do know he likes animals and they do give him comfort. A dog or cat does just as good as a pony. I prefer pony but thats me. 

My horse will become a therapy horse when she retires from shows. I think she will do well as she loves to socialize. 

Most who are depressed have conditions and imbalances that causes most of the depression cases. I am not doc but I can help only by being there and listening. 

I hope those of you who do get depressed will understand that its a problem and solving it will make you better. The harder you try the stronger you get. Never give up on life. We have only one and we must make the best of it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

MLP was my go-to while I was struggling to get an autism diagnosis (the NHS lists to get an appointment are LOOOONG!) and dumbly making my way through exams, as at the time I didn't have many friends that cared enough to listen. Pinkie in particular has been my light for years now, and even though I'm much better mentally nowadays, she still means a lot to me:pinkie: