Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory of the MLP Universe, is it post Adventure Time/Star Trek?

SteveMorison

Disclaimer 1: I did not come up with the idea that MLP is set on a post-apocalyptic Earth nor that it is in fact in the same Universe as Adventure Time, howver, this is merely my thoughts on how the timeline would fit.

Disclaimer 2: I have only watched 13 episodes of Adventure Time

Disclaimer 3: I may ramble at times, but I try to keep everything linked together.

2016-3000s: Humanity continues with it's advancement in technology and the number of scientists and inventors grows more frequent. This leads to Space and even portal travel and contact with extraterrestrial races. Relationships between humans and extraterrestrials is surprisingly good as extraterrestrials agree to help humans with their development of technology and healthcare in exchange for a raid of Earth's natural resources.

5000: The adventures of Captain Picard and his Star Trek crew takes place. The crew end up coming into contact with an omnipotent being known as Q who instantly takes a fascination with Captain Picard and Humans.

10000-50000: Advancement in science and technology leads to huge advancement in animal breeding, giving some animals basic human intelligence. This would normally be for human service with humans taking particular interest in equines. Rare horses, usually owned by royalty, would be bred to survive a few thousand years. Humans also discover how to merge previously unrelated animals through breeding (e.g. lions and eagles). Lizards would often be breeded into dragons for military purposes. Domesticated animals would occasionally be subject to this breeding but were normally left alone, and smaller mammals, fish and amphibians were completely ignored.

As breeding became more advanced, equines in particular would be bred to contain large amounts of energy, which would often manifest itself as magic of varying quantity. This energy would also produce symbols on the rear of equines which would make it easier for humans to understand what the equine should be trained to do. These symbols would later be dubbed cutie marks by ponies who evolved into the ponies we see on MLP.

50000: The peace between humans and extraterrestrials breaks which leads to the mushroom war. Desperate to find a means of defence scientists end up planting the tree of harmony which bears the elements of harmony. These elements would have the ability to do powerful things to whatever is seen as a threat by the bearer, however, the elements will only respond to humans who possess the virtues of honesty, kindness, laughter, generousity, loyalty and gracious power to prevent them being stolen and used by enemies. The elements failed to respond to humans however, as no human truly possessed such virtues. The majority of humans and larger equines die during battle in the mushroom war and Earth is left behind with what is portrayed in Adventure Time. The various strange creatures in this series are orphaned extraterrestrial races. Finn is one of the last surviving humans and whilst dogs were not known to possess such levels of magic, Jake proves a prodigy with the ability.

60000: Humans have now been long since extinct and all extraterrestrial races see no need to disrupt Earth anymore and have long returned to their own worlds. Ponies have now taken over as Earth's dominant species.

85000: Disaster strikes as the Earth ceases to spin, which leads to evaporation of nearly all weather and seasons (with isolated exceptions such as the Everfree Forest). By this time some ponies have evolved into unicorns whilst pegasi were bred by humans. Out of desperation the unicorns resort to continuing the Earth's rotation with their magic, this proves extremely difficult however and requires groups of unicorns. Pegasi respond by founding Cloudsdale and producing their own weather.

97000: Meanwhile, Q is banished from his homeworld for causing disruption amongst his own kind. Fondly remembering his time playing with Captain Picard, he comes across the idea of visiting Earth and seeing what humans are up to. Upon arriving on Earth however, he finds that it is not what he originally had in mind. He proceeds to spend a few hundred years exploring the planet relatively unseen. As no Earth species can comprehend his true form, he takes the form of various creatures that he had discovered. When he finally comes into contact with ponies they give him the name Discord due to his appearence and his overly playful antics. He eventually becomes settled enough to take over.

98000-99000: The historical events shown on the show play out around this time, starting with the founding of Equestria and ending with Luna's banishment. Ponies are so concerned with valuing friendship because their ancestors witnessed the mushroom war and and the fall of humanity due to a lack of friendship within humans. The energy containted within ponies lives on for awile as Whindigo's which suffer distress when conflict is present. As ponies do not have hands however history is poorly recorded and ponies have overtime taken for granted that they raise the sun and moon and control weather.

100000: Present day MLP

I understand this timeline will have a number of problems and plot holes but it was mainly written for fun. Please leave suggestions on how you would improve the timeline. If you want to criticize please at least keep mind I've put alot of time and effort into writing this post.

Edited by DashBandicoot

There are some problems with the timeline...Captain Picard lives in 2300s...and the federation technology is sufficient to create the Equestria in many different ways by then (AI, Genesis device, Hologram, Genetic engineering (they even created human with telepathy and levitation capability) . Interspecies reproduction problem could be solved since early 2150s.... and first contact was in 2063....

About the Q,... Well... I can hardly believe that he would be banished again, since he has a family and he saved the Universe and lead the continuum to explore a higher level existence (According to the book I, Q by JDL. I haven't finished that book yet, he did saved the universe but the higher level of existence thing is just a guess...) , so it is more proper to let Q banished before encountered the far point (relative to the time in Q Continuum)

I suppose I could bring the timeline forward alot then, the mushroom war could happen as early as the year 3000 if that's all true. The rotation crisis can be brought forward to 20000 and present day MLP to around 30000 if that's true. As for Q, fuck that is a pickle. May be a stretch but maybe since enough time has passed by this point Q has lost his free pass from saving the Universe, his kids have grown up and grown distant and i don't know maybe his wife cheated on him or something. Yeah this whole timeline is extremely far fetched but it's my first real headcannon and just excercising fun ideas really.

I suppose I could bring the timeline forward alot then, the mushroom war could happen as early as the year 3000 if that's all true. The rotation crisis can be brought forward to 20000 and present day MLP to around 30000 if that's true. As for Q, fuck that is a pickle. May be a stretch but maybe since enough time has passed by this point Q has lost his free pass from saving the Universe, his kids have grown up and grown distant and i don't know maybe his wife cheated on him or something. Yeah this whole timeline is extremely far fetched but it's my first real headcannon and just excercising fun ideas really.

The whole Q stuff could be quite simple... The time in Q Continuum could not be linear, the past of Q could be our future...

The whole Q stuff could be quite simple... The time in Q Continuum could not be linear, the past of Q could be our future...

Well Q/Discord is the embodiment of Chaos and already inconceivable so it would strangely make sense.