Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mechquestria: My Life As A Equine Robot (00110010)

Denim&Venöm

@@Randimaxis,@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"Be sure to put a muzzle on her. We wouldn't want her biting anypony out of spite."

The bots complied, producing a steel face muzzle to force onto Emeralds as the cuffed togetehr her hooves and wings. 'Twi' looked at Silvia, and in a flash, teleported the halbard away. "You won't be seeing that ever again."

She turned her attention back to the door. "Try to delete me. Destroy me. Lobotomize me. Shape me and mold me to your whims and desires. Be the perfect science project. The perfect student. The perfect servant. The perfect weapon. We'll let's see how you both like it. After I'm done, Twi's programming won't even be fit to play Tetris. She's not a pony. She's ones and zeros. I can do that. And Mo-...Professor Lektra, will think she finally killed off her 'favorite' program, and can finally move on. We'll all be happy."

'Twi' knocked again. "Would you like my help? I did play a part in her creation. I should do the same in her unmaking."

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald lay at the bottom of the arrest pile, she saw her prized weapon vanish. "Cloud...slicer..." She muffled in her muzzle. She was never filled with such rage before not since she was a young vampire more than a hundred years ago... 

She opened her mouth bending the muzzle outwards breaking it, then stood despite the three droids that had other ideas. "Shut down code Alpha-Zulu 19843." The droids shut off instantly, she snapped her other restraints...

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

'Twi' made the adjustments in accessing the guard networks and protocols. "That trick will not work again, just to let you know. And now more guards are on their way. Also, you tried to impale *ahem* ,miss Luster with that when she wasn't doing anything wrong. Far as I'm concerned, you lost the right's to it. And don't try to tangle with me. I can generate far more power than the very sun that was scourge to your predecessors."

Her eye's flickered amber again as she glared at Emerald while waiting for a response from the good professor. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Impostor Twilight was in the hall? The holofeeds don't lie.

I was already panicking and pacing around the office room ever since I sent Twilight on her way, circling Twitch. This just compounded things. Why was she even still here? She was leaving. I don't want her here anymore since there's too many that could get hurt if she stays here. She's accomplished her self appointed goal in life already. She could also just break in. It's not like ED was made of - oh wait - yes it was. But she could still break it with any number of systems that frame had, all of which I knew she knew it had. Then why? She must have not caught on yet, and not know that I know. From being jacked into the feeds, I made a mental note to do something about Em in the other room when there weren't a bunch of guards around her. Maybe I'd break her out, but maybe she was resourceful enough to do it herself. My cousin wouldn't just take that for long.

Since the office changed into my lab it was showing it's mess again. The lab was a mess of failed experiments, crumpled paper, and holographic blackboards with calculations on them that still needed to be wiped. Sparky was attempting to dust and clean it, but he never got through it before I made more.

Only one thing left to do now. I summoned my armor just in case this went pear shaped, assembling it quickly. She couldn't do anything I wasn't already aware of, all of ED was made of metal, and as far as I was aware of - I honestly hadn't checked since the thought of fighting Twilibot never came up - that frame wasn't immune to my talent. On top of that as Twilight had been upgrading from body to body over the years I'd been upgrading my armor. It looked fairly similar to earlier models, but all I'd built into what was supposed to be her new frame was also in this. Except the transforming. That would be painful for me but I had the advantage of being able to make repairs on the fly. Then there was the Hall of Armors in an undisclosed location with all the earlier models. What if I.....? Nah, let's wait until the guards were gone before doing that. If I did it at all, since I really thought she could get out of it herself. I had my hooves full.

Finally I spoke toward the door. "We're fine here Twilight." I said this with an eye twitch and nervous tick. Must relax. "Luster wasn't cooperating and had to be deleted. Gave us an obvious lie about being you after a body switch." I called out to her while watching the holofeed. Luster's gear Cutie Mark was clearly visible on Twilibot's behind. How long before she noticed? She could be a decent stand-in having our brain scans from years ago, but CMs don't lie. I couldn't pretend to ignore it for long, either. I opened the doors in case she wanted to check for herself. "Weren't you leaving though? I've got experiments to run, classes to record, and this old frame to repair so it could be put in a museum or sold on Antiques Roadshow."

Nothing went on in ED I didn't know about. I used my magic to fix the damage to the lounge and hall, running some visual calculations on one of the holoboards while playing a game of chess against myself at the same time. Gotta stay in mental shape and practice makes perfect. "Will that be all? Don't you have Princess duties to attend to?" Absent minded and deadpan at this point. Did she even realize how many governmental duties she was taking over?

Lowering the visor I had my VR going through the suit systems, and was sitting up doing something else in another place. Just need to make this here and that there, and this might take a bit to get right and adjust for size to weight coefficient. Multiple things at once was how I liked it. Playing chess, running equations, and building something all at the same time.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

"Will that be all? Don't you have Princess duties to attend to?"
@@Randimaxis, @@Mentis Soliloquy,  

'Twi' scanned the hard drive Twilight was in. "W-wow. You...you actually did it. I'm...*ahem* I'm sorry it had to be that way. At the very least, we can learn from this moving forward in the next AI you build. I'm kind of supervised you didn't get to work on the next one when  Luster was sealed away. Oh well, it's not important. We can all move on now."

'Twi' turned around. "Well, I guess this is good-bye then." 'Twi' started walking out, deep in thought. "Just like that. She's gone. She doesn't even know she ended her own idol. The element of magic and princess of friendship...is gone. I should be happy. So why aren't I? I just feel..." 

Her thoughts were interrupted when she walked by Grant. "Sorry that Equestria is a disappointment. What's the human adage? Grass is always greener on the other side, isn't it? Hopefully, you'll still find some redeeming qualities about this place."

"Why am I trying to console him? Why am I still playing Twilight right now? Am I just trying to defend Equestria from his misguided opinions & judgement, just like I try to defend it from everything else? Just cause I was built to care for it? Heck, why am I wasting my nonexistent breath. He's probably gonna die in the next week due to my protocols... 

Right?

No. Not necessarily. Phase two will decide whether that course of action is still viable or not. Before I can go any further with this, there's something else that takes priory ahead of Equestria's security. " 

@Denim&Venom

She'll get caught if she doesn't run... dammit, what is WRONG with you, Luster!?

Twitch let out what sounded like a growl of frustration, then panels opened all over the front of Twitch's chassis and close to a hundred small, thin mechanical manipulator hands darted out.  They scrambled in movement over the parts, arranging them at an incredible speed before the arms all zipped back into the frame and the panels shut.

All the pieces were arranged on the table in a perfectly organized and neat fashion, one side filled with precise stacks and neat rows of Terran Tech, organized by size, purpose, and age; the other side of the table was a carbon copy, but with Eq Tech.  It looked more like a presentation than a simple sorting.

Twitch shut his eyes and mimicked Grant's sigh.

"There.  It's done."

He walked toward the door, but stopped when he reached 'Twilight'.  He then turned his mismatched eyes on her; somewhere, a world away, Grant was staring into the eyes of an Alicorn robot who was hiding someone he wanted to help, even though they didn't even seem to like humans in the first place.

"And I've seen all I want to of this place, Princess.  Since I've arrived, I've seen ponies threaten each other, taunt and tease others, swagger like they're the kings and queens of the world, steal from each other, lie to each other, and generally behave EXACTLY LIKE HUMANS DO - except humans don't have powerful and dangerous MAGIC to throw around... so maybe it's HUMANITY that needs PROTECTION from EQUESTRIA!"

His tirade done, Twitch's frame slumped, all the fire going out of his attitude.  He turned, walking to Lektra's office door, then simply sat down on the floor next to it.  He looked down, making eye contact with no one.

"But what do I know - I'm only human."

Twitch had no built-in tear ducts, so he couldn't mimic everything Grant did.

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

"What were you really expecting? Tea Parties, rides over rainbows and get together with fairies? Eating giant cakes, towers of ice cream and parades every day where everypony gets to be a princess? Equestria isn't like that. It never was. To be fair, ponies felt the same way you did when they ventured into the human realm. They thought they were entering a futuristic utopia, run by beings who mastered life without magic. A welcoming race of otherworldly artisans, scientists, innovators & creators. What did we find? Bigotry, paranoia, fear, hatred, poverty, zealotry & spite. We found glares and guns pointed our way.

What you feel now, is how Tw- how I felt as the years went on. I hoped for the best, and was frustrated with how human/pony relations were turning out, how negative our presence was in your species eyes, it seemed.  I was there. I was the first pony introduced to humanity during declassification. I had such high hopes speaking with the press and the leaders of the world. But with every high, you've got to come down. And that's what you're doing grant. You've come down. Reality couldn't lift you up to match your expectations. That's it's nature, reality's. Always a step behind our hopes and dreams. 

In short, Equestria is too much like earth for you to stomach. And earth is too much like Equestria for us ponies to be comfortable with. In all this, that's one commonality we share. Looking at each other, Equestria to Earth, pony to human, we see something in the other, that we don't like in ourselves. That's the thing that hits home doesn't it Grant? The thing that we share in common, the thing that should bring us togetehr, is what's pushing us apart.  

We are not so different after all. That's the biggest disappointment. " 

• Brohoof 2

@Denim&Venom

"I was... I..."

Twitch's chassis shook a bit, but no sound came out.  

"... I was a fool to come here.  I thought it would be different here because I thought I'd have a chance to be accepted; the only people who ever wanted anything to do with me were my family, and only my sister is left.  She works two-and-a-half jobs just to pay for my medication.  She keeps me in my room since my legs gave out, mostly because she doesn't have time to take me anywhere, or the money to go."

"I've always been a genius with technology... well, as far as humans go, I guess... but there wasn't enough technology available to me that I didn't scavenge from the dumps before I couldn't walk anymore - and I still managed to make and program Twitch for the purpose of trying to find acceptance... here..."

"... but most of what I've seen here has told me that I don't belong anywhere.  I can't even stand up for myself... or anyone else... and no one seems to hear me when I tell them Luster-..."

He sighed.

"Forget it.  I guess I'm just... I don't know, anymore."

Twitch then lifted his head slightly; no eye contact, but enough to speak.

"Your cutie mark is showing, Luster," he said as he lowered his head once more.

• Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

"First of all, if you were trying for acceptance,  college was not the best place to start. And how long have you been here for? Like what, a day? At most? According to the security footage, you were positively treated by, in no particular order: Miss Crystal Bass out in the lobby, Professor CD of archaeology- have to pay her a visit-, Miss Queen Embex, Miss Tomcat, Miss Daffidaisy, Miss Angelscape, Miss Lektra bolt to an extent, Miss Labtech and even former royal guard Emerald Bolt. 8 ponies have treated you well on your first day of social interaction in Equestria. Even Luster didn't... kill you outright. She event taunts those she likes. Allegedly. From what I've been told. Totally baseless claims I know. No empirical proof to prove those claims. Doesn't matter she's dead. Anyways... that's pretty good for a first day."

"Better than I did my first day of social interaction." 

"So in short Mr. Grant, you're standards are too damn high. How about you wait another day before decrying the Twitch experiment a failure. Luster would've been scrapped had her social interactions been the merit for her continued existence." 

"I tried the first time. I really did."

"But that's anther thing we share in common." She sighed and looked down. "We both don't know anymore, do we?" 

"Your cutie mark is showing, Luster,"

She perked up at this. "Say what?" She looked over at her flank. Her jaw hung slack and optics wide. Instead of a magenta starburst, it was a gold sprocket inside of a white star burst. 

"OH FIND ME IN THE ALPS!" she screamed out, forcefully banging her head on a council. "For bucks sake!"   

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"There. It's done."

I nodded, thanking him silently. At this point I really wasn't focused on what was going on there too much. Just get out of here Luster, won't you? Is she going to make a confrontation out of everything? I'd return to fixing the frame later when the world wasn't in danger. It and the parts slid into the modular floor into my filing system, disappearing and being added to the schedule.

The game of holo-chess I was playing was half concluded already, the mental arithmetic was becoming boring, and the item I was working on was nearing completion. Not a huge project but one I thought of on the spot.

We are not so different after all. That's the biggest disappointment. "

"She's right you know. This isn't a world of rainbows and gumdrops. Equestria has it's darkness too." I continued to multitask and the item I was VR manipulating with my hooves was nearing completion.

"... but most of what I've seen here has told me that I don't belong anywhere.

"Only you can decide where you belong. No one else can decide that for you. Equestria isn't the utopia you expected and is by no means perfect, but really what is? I beseech you to find a place that is. Starswirl traveled to alternate worlds and none of them were perfect either." Just a bit more time. My game was concluded with White winning and so was my 20th level calculus practice.

"Your cutie mark is showing, Luster,"

"Buck." I sighed. Cat out of the bag. "I've known all along and believe it or not, I really don't care anymore." I hovered around her, kind of pacing. "He's right though. If you're going to parade around as her you might want to do something about your flanks. Put on a dress maybe. Your soul in that body has placed your own mark on it." I poked her CM with an armored hoof in a motherly fashion and giggled.

sat down on the floor next to it. He looked down, making eye contact with no one.

Meanwhile Lab sat next to Twitch and hugged him to try to attempt to comfort him. "She's right again." Lab laid her head against Twitch's side.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,@@Mentis Soliloquy,  

Your soul in that body has placed your own mark on it."

'Twi' Luster's head snapped towards Lekrta in shock and surprise. "You knew!? You knowingly deleted your best friend, mentor and love interest? Why? I'm the one that's supposed to be relentless and brutal so that no pony else has to." She turned towards her cutie mark. "And what the f--k am I supposed to do about this!? Paint it over?" 

(edited)

You knew

I nodded. "I saw it on the feeds when you were in the hall with Emerald, actually. Cutie Mark Magic doesn't lie, and paint really didn't work for Starlight back in the day." Hadn't seen her in a while. Was she dead? Maybe time traveling? Who knows.

You knowingly deleted your best friend, mentor and love interest? Why?

I laughed. "No, I didn't know until I saw your CM on the video feeds. I can be a bit slow when it comes to such things, and I really didn't see the signs. It's an honest mistake and you can probably do an ok job taking over her duties." Would she? Really doubtful considering recent events. "But Twilibot's in a better place now. Honestly though, I really don't think Book Horse was so stupid to not make backups. You're both 1s and 0s. They wouldn't be up to date and she would probably not remember a couple days worth when she resurfaces, if she resurfaces, but they probably exist somewhere on the PonyNet."

I pace-floated around her again. "And what of it? Maybe I did delete the only one of her that existed?" I looked her directly in the eyes. "Maybe now that you're taking over as her we can have what Twilight and I never had: A romantic relationship. Twilight wasn't into mares, but maybe you can change that. Be a better Twilight." I giggled. "You're Twilight now if you can figure out the Cute Mark problem. I like Twilight. You're taking on her duties as well as...." Opening my faceplate one could see I was blushing while hovering upside down centimeters from Impostor Twilight's face while staring at her muzzle to muzzle. ".....other things."

Edited by bronislav84

@@bronislav84,@@Denim&Venom, @@Randimaxis,  

Emerlad was enraged, she'd even worse at the news of Twilight's demise, however she knew when victory was impossible even in this state against her friends body she was of no match so she vanished. One of those vampire tricks she knew of, in reality she was in the shadows close to literally moving as blinding speed if anyone looked at her. She needed a way out to get more guards, to find the other princesses more was needed to defeat Luster... 

"No, I didn't know until I saw your CM on the video feeds. I can be a bit slow when it comes to such things, and I really didn't see the signs. It's an honest mistake and you can probably do an ok job taking over her duties."

"Damn. She's always a step ahead. She would've figured out sooner or later. Turned out to be sooner. Though nice to heart that I've got her vote of confidence." 

"But Twilibot's in a better place now. Honestly though, I really don't think Book Horse was so stupid to not make backups. You're both 1s and 0s. They wouldn't be up to date and she would probably not remember a couple days worth when she resurfaces, if she resurfaces, but they probably exist somewhere on the PonyNet."

"Dammit. She would make back ups. F--k. She'll be back pursuing me.  She'll never quite go away. A ghost monarch, unable to accept her own dethroning." 

"And what of it? Maybe I did delete the only one of her that existed?"

"Huh?" 

"Maybe now that you're taking over as her we can have what Twilight and I never had: A romantic relationship. Twilight wasn't into mares, but maybe you can change that. Be a better Twilight."

"She's joking right? She's giggling. She has to be."

You're Twilight now if you can figure out the Cute Mark problem. I like Twilight. You're taking on her duties as well as...."

"She's in favor of this? No way. Something's up. "

".....other things."

"What...other things?" 

(edited)

in the shadows

A ping went off on she side of my vision. My VR headset was showing me the feeds of ED and only I could see it. One eye darted to the side but otherwise I maintained my upside down pose. Making the command took all of one millisecond and the world may as well have been standing still.

From the Hall of Armors the Stealth Armor disassembled itself and faded from view. Disappeared entirely. The pieces were cloaked. Inside the chest piece was the item I'd been working on. The cloaked set of armor exited from the floor behind Emerald and assembled itself around her, placing the item in a scabbard on her back during assembly. On the HUD was a notice as well as the manual.

"Twilight is fine. Go find her, or maybe she'll find you. The Magitek Stealth Armor is a loan. Use it well. -Lektra <3"

"What...other things?"

One milisecond later I still had a dreamy-eyed expression on my face. "I like Twilight. Always did. You're her now, so....." Did I really need to explain this? Full beet red blush, if my face feeling like I was in an oven was any indication. "Um, I'm not really sure how to explain it otherwise. Your stolen frame has an EPU, so you should be able to understand emotions and feelings now." There was a click and in the background music started to play from the office speakers.

Edited by bronislav84
  • Brohoof 1

"Um, I'm not really sure how to explain it otherwise. Your stolen frame has an EPU, so you should be able to understand emotions now

The music started to play. Luster got bug eyed.  

"First, My moth-... not mother has lousy taste in music. So freakin tacky.

Second...oh goddess..." 

"What? You..." Luster pointed a hoof to her chest "and me...?"

"To use the cliche adage: Does not compute."

"but...aren't you supposed to be thinking of me as your...daughter...or something?" 

or something
"Yes, or something." I landed right side up in front of her, the blush fading and the music disappearing as quick as it started. "You're probably right. It would never work out, for a different reason than the original mother-daughter relationship." I turned away for a bit, talking out loud to the room. "I figured since you're taking over for Twilight now we might be able to have what she and I never managed to have, but you're not really her." I turned back around. "You can still be a better Twilight. Tell nopony she's gone. Tell nopony you're not her. I won't if you wont." I winked. "You can just silently replace her. You have her brain scans from 111 years ago when she was young. Maybe you can pull it off?"

Maybe my precautions were unfounded. Maybe this was her way of reforming. I had to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"Oh good." Luster sighed inwardly when the music stopped. "That could've been awkward."

"I figured since you're taking over for Twilight now we might be able to have what she and I never managed to have, but you're not really her."

"Oh thank the goddesses I am not."

"You can still be a better Twilight. Tell nopony she's gone. Tell nopony you're not her. I won't if you wont."

"What the hay happened between you and sparkle butt for you to want her gone so badly? And why do I suddenly have your confidence?"

You can just silently replace her. You have her brain scans from 111 years ago when she was young. Maybe you can pull it off?"

This time, Luster  sighed outwardly. "I can pull it off. I have her scans and I have her memories now. But I don't want to be like her. I don't want to be the school marm. I don't want to be the eccentric egg head that was blinded by her own ambitions and scholarly desires. I don't want to put any pony else through what she put me through.

She's so good at making and being friends, at being a leader. But when it comes to the important things, like being a lover, being a parent? She's so focused on the whole princess and friendship parts, she never got around to learning about those. I see her memories, and looking through them, I've seen your attempts to get close, to get her attention and be more than just a respected colleague, more than just a friend. "

She looked Lektra in the eyes. "It's a little heart breaking, to see how she acted, how insensitive she was. How she didn't even notice. I don't want to be like that.

I want to be better. I want to surpass her. I want to be all that she couldn't be. That way, I'll truly be free from her. I wan't her to know that I won't be her pet project any more. I'm more than the sum of my parts."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Did you two have a memory exchange when you went offline? How much of your memory did Twilight get? Not that it matters now, of course. If she has backups they wouldn't have this." Hmmm, how exactly did she have those memories?

Those words made me shed some tears. The truth was painful. "Yes." I sniffled. "It's not fun to be friendzoned. That was one of the few times she was actually too good of a friend." Another sniffle. "Really would it kill her to notice me once in a while? My feelings specifically." At this point I just sniffled some more until it went away, feeling better now that this was out in the open.

"But you really want to be a better Twilight? You're not pulling my hoof? Then WHY did you need to steal her body to do it? You could just execute your original programming as yourself. Help her rule and fill in what she lacks. Be her advisor when not out fighting crime. She's always been too much of a book horse. Why do things by force, daughter? Why did you need this elaborate plan? It just seems redundant." I sighed. May as well remind her about backups again. "She might be back, so why not tell her what you just told me instead of fighting, huh?" Let's not tell her for now the return is a definite.

I brightened up. "You want to be all that she couldn't be? Does that include being able to notice the signs? Maybe you and me being together might still happen? Nah, I still don't think that's going to happen. You're not her. Still, it's nice to be recognized for once."

Edited by bronislav84

"Did you two have a memory exchange when you went offline? How much of your memory did Twilight get? Not that it matters now, of course. If she has backups they wouldn't have this."

"No. From what I can tell from when it was used on me, the transfer is one way."

"Really would it kill her to notice me once in a while? My feelings specifically."

Luster felt a twinge at her circuits, at how the closest thing to a maternal figure, was spurned by the source of her ire.

But you really want to be a better Twilight? You're not pulling my hoof? Then WHY did you need to steal her body to do it? You could just execute your original programming as yourself. Help her rule and fill in what she lacks. Be her advisor when not out fighting crime. She's always been too much of a book horse. Why do things by force, daughter? Why did you need this elaborate plan? It just seems redundant."

"Why? You admitted it yourself. I was out of date, and you weren't going to help me. Besides, she wouldn't listen. She never listened. She has such a holier than thou attitude. She can figure anything and everything out. She's the princess of friendship! She has too!  To her, I wouldn't know all of the answers. I wouldn't be able to help. She was the teacher. What student enlightens their teacher? She practically built me to be a perpetual student. The creator doesn't listen to the created. I was her machine. What would I know?

So when I told her humanity was a threat, of course she wouldn't listen. She was blinded by the possibilities. So f--k her. I took charge. Her duty was to Equestria first. I was going to enforce that when she wouldn't. Still am. Is a full frontal assault on humankind still warranted? That has yet to be seen. I am currently investigating other avenues. 

But as I now possess her most powerful incarnation to date, and that I have even more vast computing power and upgrades, compounded by the fact that over a century has passed and things have changed greatly, I am seeing where this is really heading. Before I can do anything else, anything involving humanity, or anything to do with Equestria's future, I must deal with little miss purple smart. 

No matter what I will do from here on out, she will always see me as her creation to be tweaked and tinkered with. She will always try to control me. And I want to make it clear to her, that she is powerless over me."

You want to be all that she couldn't be too? Does that include being able to notice the signs? Maybe you and me being together might still happen? Nah, I still don't think that's going to happen. You're not her. Still, it's nice to be recognized for once."

"Why do you even still like her? What did you see in her? She's only friend-zoned you and nearly destroyed the closest thing you've ever considered to be a child of your own. Looking back at her behavior, she's even more of a machine than me, stuck in Celestia's botched programming."

• Brohoof 1

@@bronislav84,

"Well what's this now?" As she gear formed around her a note on the HUD when it booted up. "Aw cus I am gonna give so a sloppy kiss for this." She grinned in her new gear, she noticed what was also there reaching back pulling a new ornate halberd from her back, as it extended to it's length a plasma blade revealed it's self. "Oh Luster won't see this coming..."  

(edited)

VLAD jolted back to conscious control as its various nanobot sensors started sending in critical condition events. Bee was fast asleep, all atangle in the bedding, as well as the limbs of her male companion, Drone. VLAD usually let her subconscious take over during sleep cycles, as the lessened level of activity made keeping her systems within specified parameters was much, much less taxing in terms of processing power needed.

But this... the data feeds were bizarre, almost contradictory. Something catastrophic was happening. VLAD used some nanobots as signal relays to send a high priority alert signal to the only being that had proven to be helpful in its endeavors, or at least not openly dismissing them.

"CRITICAL CONDITION SIGNALS RECEIVED. BETA PROTOCOL IS IN EFFECT. VLAD LACKS SUFFICIENT NANNITE MASS TO ESTABLISH FARRADAY FIELD OVER LABORATORY. EARLIER SCAN ATTEMPT OF TWITCH HARDWARE INDICATED PRESENCE OF NANNITE CAPABILITY. VLAD IS REQUESTING ASSISTANCE IN ORDER TO ESTABLISH EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS BLACKOUT TO PREVENT HOSTILE CONSTRUCT FROM TRANSMITTING TO TERRAN HOST SYSTEMS."

It was a stall for time, and not a particularly good one. But if they could keep Luster from transmitting data, then perhaps a chatter-flood could be implemented to overload her with useless information, and in so doing slow her down enough to devise a Plan Delta contingency.

Edited by captainborgue
  • Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom

"You want to be all that she couldn't be? Does that include being able to notice the signs? Maybe you and me being together might still happen? Nah, I still don't think that's going to happen. You're not her. Still, it's nice to be recognized for once."

Twitch sat in the floor, Lab Tech next to him trying her best to console him.  Grant, on the other hand, was devastated.

Now what?  I've made a fool of myself, and now I can't even get out of this lab to go hide under a rock or anything... worse yet?  I have made absolutely ZERO progress on finding the information and schematics I'd need to save myself. 

But I don't like this; they're just going to REPLACE an Alicorn Princess like that?  Just like that?  That's WORSE than reprogramming her, in a way - that's STILL not letting her be herself!  And what of the poor-

CRITICAL CONDITION SIGNALS RECEIVED. BETA PROTOCOL IS IN EFFECT. VLAD LACKS SUFFICIENT NANNITE MASS TO ESTABLISH FARRADAY FIELD OVER LABORATORY. EARLIER SCAN ATTPT OF TWITCH HARDWARE INDICATED PRESENCE OF NANNITE CAPABILITY. VLAD IS REQUESTING ASSISTANCE IN ORDER TO ESTABLISH EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS BLACKOUT TO PREVENT HOSTILE CONSTRUCT FROM TRANSMITTING TO TERRAN HOST SYSTEMS.

It was from VLAD; Grant had almost forgotten about him.  Though he wanted Luster to escape... the way she and Bolt were talking, they were going to body-snatch an Alicorn.  Somehow, Grant thought that would be a BAD thing to do, regardless of reasoning.

He swept his hand to the side, and watched the screen as he typed in mid-air.

{VLAD!  I'm stuck in Professor Lektra's lab!  If I could get OUT of here, I could do something - but I can't do ANYTHING as long as she can stop me; if you can manage to get me OUT of this laboratory, I can try to do what you've asked.  Either way, there is a MAJOR situation happening here - I'd call for whatever BIG GUNS you ponies have, because it's about to get REALLY BAD.  Have me called to the front office, have me summoned by magic, have whatever you can do done - but I can do absolutely nothing with Professor Bolt watching me!  [TwItChGlItCh]}

He sent the message out; now all he could do was wait and hope.

With that, he turned slightly to look over at Lab Tech.

"Thank you for being so very kind... I wish we would have met elsewhere, under better circumstances.  But for what it's worth, I really do appreciate that you're being so nice to me."

• Brohoof 2

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Over a century of experiences and upgrades. Yet every now and then, the princess of friendship could still be surprised. Lektra had really outdone herself this time. Soaring over the upper atmosphere, Twilight was analyzing her new chassis, originally designed for Luster. Unfortunately she won't be getting it any time soon. Thousands of minute simulations were ran, testing the little nuances of her new body. 

"I should see if I can give her a promotion of some kind for this. With this, I might be able to stop Luster without destroying her. Still give her chance to see the light. The light of friendship." While doing this, she scanned over the planets communications and transnet data streams, looking for any mentions of catastrophe.  "She hasn't done anything yet. Let's keep it that way." Live satellite scans over the evening Equestria skies showed the campus in tact, and security footage of both her castles and the trans-dimensional rift showed that 'she' had not been at any of them since the swap. "Still in the campus." She tried to access the royal guard defense programs, but to no avail. "Go figure she'd change all my passcodes. That's going to be such a pain in the flank to fix."

If her mechanized force wouldn't cut it, then- "There's one pony who shoudl still be around, if she's clever enough." She sent out a wide range broadcast.

"Captain Bolt. Status report."