Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mechquestria: My Life As A Equine Robot (00110010)

Denim&Venöm

@@Shadow Dancer

"Am I the only one wondering why we now have some much room to maneuver in the hallways?" asked the black & white hologram of Professor Screen Cap.  

"Well I dunno, maybe it's because we chose a less crowded hallway?" Snarkily replied Professor CD. "I mean no matter where we went, there were gonna be students."

"I think she meant why we haven't seen many students at all." Replied Prof. File Share as she rolled alongside the other two. Her computer screen face showed faint outlines of her sorting though notices, over her digitized emotive features. "Classes suspended. 'Crazy display in the lobby.' 'Dental hygene has never been this sexy.' 'Have you bought your UEQ brand popcorn?' Minutte must be holding one hell of a seminar." 

"Well good for her and good for them. That just means our ETA is now a quarter of what it once was. Left turn!" The green maned, denim clad, riveted robot announced. She, her sleek tri-wheeled companion and their ghost of a bussnessmare entered the left hallway, followed by a quartet of black & yellow hover drones carrying a large crate in their clamps. 

The hallway began to slant down. This would lead to the sublabs. "I mean, we've waited long enough for this thing to reach us. Now we can begin our research, and delve into what our two relics our hiding. And more important than that, we can finally make contact with whomever's in that box."

"It's hard to believe CD, but there's not much else to point to. History could very well be made here."  

"Now let's not jump to conclusions. We did get responses. That doesn't automatically correlate to an intelligence. For all we know, it's just a randomized set of automatic responses. Like how early 21st century programs managed to cheat the Turing test."

"In a way, I kinda hope you're right Cap. I'm not sure how I'll react if whatever in our rustbox is alive." 

The trio and their cargo began to approach the first large glass & steel door to the sub lab complex. 

• Brohoof 1

Bee groaned audibly. "Oh for buck's sake. Theatrical performances are permitted in the designated theater areas, which have multiple fire exits, evacuation routes, and safety procedures implemented to maximize student safety. This is little more than a mob," Bee said, trying to restrain an irate VLAD who was insisting that the presence of hostility in the crowd constituted a clear and present danger. And he was absolutely right, of course. "I'm not saying don't do art or music or whatever, I'm saying there is a designated place specifically for that purpose, this whole mess could get somepony killed if there were a stampede," Bee insisted. The crowd, very clearly, was having none of it- and to make matters worse, Dial Up sent out an email encouraging it.

"RAMPANCY DETECTED. THREAT LEVEL EXCEEDING ESTABLISHED PARAMETERS. HOSTILE ELEMENTS DETECTED. DISPERSE IMMEDIATELY OR DEFENSIVE MEASURES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED," VLAD bellowed, seizing control. Emergency protocols were hard coded, VLAD was programmed to take full control in case of existential threats to ensure her survival. If the threat escalated, or if anypony attacked her or anypony near her, Bee would have no control whatsoever. VLAD did not have lethal force capabilities, but that didn't mean Bee wanted to see any of the defensive measures used. The Quantum State Shield was no big deal, but the Ultrasonic Wave Emitter or Electromagnetic Phase Pulse Interruptor wouldn't be pleasant for anypony.

There was, of course, another possibility- visual shrouding. If the lights went out, so to speak, the show would be over. Like a smokescreen or sorts.

Luckily, the guards were on point- aside from some snark, Crowd Control proceeded smoothly enough that there was no nned for VLAD to engage any defensive measures. Not that he stood down from High Alert status right away. Bee sighed- or at least, mentally she sighed. Physically VLAD was still overriding her control, but it was a temporary measure and they both knew it. A few more minutes passed, with some of the more enthusiastic students griping loudly, but doing little else. Finally, VLAD's emergency override released, and Bee eagerly assumed control.

"Thanks for the crowd control, guys. I gotta say, I was a little leery of new hires being thrust into something like this, but you did a fine job. Now, if you'll excuse me, I still have to catch that little bastard lepidopterae," Bee said, as her cranial implant pinged again.

• Brohoof 2

Twitch had been walking about with Bass & having a fairly good time.  The tour was a total loss; he had been paying far more attention to his companion than his surroundings, and had effectively learned nothing about the school - he'd just have to try to work the downloadable map from the site.

Still, he had been simply enjoying the company - heck, he enjoyed ANY company; since his illness had taken hard root in him, others started avoiding him like the plague.  Of course, the school physicians had tried to spread the word that it was NOT contagious... but the damage had already been done; the local kids wanted nothing to do with him.  He ended up alone most of the time - his sister's job kept her busy, and he was home-schooled after he'd become bedridden.

Now, he'd managed to find someone - more like somePONY - whom he could talk to, converse with and ultimately become frie-

[bEEP BEEP]

Oh, crap.

Twitch turned to face his new friend, and held up a hoof once she had finished her current thought.

"I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry, Bass - my scheduler isisisis telling me I have to g-g-g-g-g-go deal with a few things; m a y b e  w e  c o u l d meet up later and talklklklklklk a bit more?  I have thoooooooooroughly enjoyed speaking with you... thank you for beBEbeing so welcoming."

Twitch smiled broadly, made a small bow, and tried to excuse himself politely but quickly.  He wanted to stay and chat longer... but the timer NEVER lied.  NEVER.

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,

Crystal was a little put off by the fact he just bailed on her, despite how much effort she'd put into the tour of the school she was a bit ticked off really, but she calmed down and walked over to a tree as one of her fav songs came on

bobbing her head to the song. 

---

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald wanted Angle to finish but she would not rush her, but she was going to explode with gratitude when she did finish... 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Shadow rapped one of his nails against metal to make a ringing sound and said, 

"Hello, I'm still here. Emerald, in case ya didn't hear. Are all vampire teeth sensitive?"

@@Denim&Venom,

He turned to the others and said,

"Why did ya let this go on? You're in school and I don't think brushing someone else's teeth is what school's about."

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis,
"Well, she looked none to pleased about that." The cloaked Embex altered her course to follow, butterfly still clinging to life on her shell. "Sinister echo-y vocal distortion on."   She remained cloaked, but made her first move as she hovered behind Twitch. "And just where to do you think your going?" Embex said in a low voice. 

@,@@captainborgue, @reader8363
Tomcat replied to Shadow "It is if you happen to be a member of house Lambda Omicron Lambda!"

A good chunk of the crowd followed that up with a hoof pumping chant of: "Brushie! Brushie! Hoo-Rah!"

"But, some points might have been brought up. Maybe we should move this over to the theater. Y'know, where we can do this uninterrupted, get some classy seating, and have some ice cold cider with that popcorn!" She was met with an approving chorus of cheers. "Alright! Now, engineering majors! Help me figure out the logistics of moving these two without ending the show!" Some students began to move about, preparing to organize and figure out a solution to this 'problem'. 

Background noise. That's what all this was to Angel, and presumably, Emerald too. She broke the brush away to once again dab it in her cut. More to indulge the idol of her fantasies made real. When she got back to brushing, she approached from a different angle. The front had gotten plenty of attention, but what about form behind? Angel reached around underneath and flipped the switch, applying the bloody brush to the back of Emerald's fangs. 

Down the Manehatten streets, a presence was roaring down the avenues, blaring a song over it's loud, loud speakers. A heat seeking missile going straight for the campus. 

ETA: 5 minutes. 

Meanwhile, deep in the underground complex of sub labs, within the campus's vault like testing chamber, a team was disassembling a crate. 

"Alright. One more nail and that should-" with her magic, CD pulled out the last nail. With the lid removed, the four walls came lurching down.  Four sides of what appeared to be very thick cushion like padding came with them. And literally, laying in the center of it all, was the recent find of the schools techno-archaeology team.  

"She still just as striking as when we first found her." File Share said. "Yeah, striking and stunning." CD added on. "Still can't believe that this, this! Is actually a century old. Yet she looks like she was made in the last decade! Regardless of whatever is in that box, this is one hay of a find you two." said Screen Cap. 

CD couldn't help but grin at that. "Let's clear all this out. After that we'll head straight to the control room, and begin reactivation procedures."

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom

Emerald could not take anymore she raised her hoof to Angles and caught her eyes as she looked at her she lowered the brush and her hoof and Angle's, she spoke for a moment in a soft voice. "That was wonderful but I can't take anymore..." with that she kissed Angle with force both of them falling to the floor Emerald's armor clanking in places as both of them fell to the floor.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@,
Stunned. Silence. It seemed like the entire room froze in time, the moment Emerald lunged, and her lips connected with Angels. Everypony stopped to look at what was transpiring. Even for the magitech machines, who can quantum compute at near lightspeed, it still took a little bit for their CPUs to catch up with the situation.  

"Yeeeaaahhhhhh!" A chorus cheer erupted from the audience. As if team Manehatten just placed first in the Equestrian games. "Damn! Where's a pinkie bot when you need one! Cause now this is a party... and according to codes of conduct, parties can be legally held in the lobby during school hours!" Another chorus of cheers followed the revelation. Things have just changed from a  quirky yet erotic display, to a celebration of life.

Furniture was now being moved back to the walls in order to forge the dance floor. Ponies & bots were now jumpin & jaivin. Now a certain song began playing among the speakers of the pony bots. First from a few. Others joining as the song progressed. The faculty present went, "buck it." and accessed the lobby intercom system to start playing a track fitting for the occasion. And Tomcat began mouthing/playing the vocals, singing into a broom, standing on top of Daffidaisy, all karaoke style.

A staple of life in Equestria. A party starting at random. St.Pinkemena would be proud. 

Excitement was going on everywhere. Except for a space in the center, where a respectful breadth was being kept for the cyborg and vampony still making out in earnest. 

In contrast to the action going on everywhere, Angel's mind was blank. First, Emerald lowered her toothbrush. She said 'it was wonderful.'  If this were to be the end, Angelscape could walk away satisfied. Of course she'd be seeing Emerald again. Maybe she'd even have the guts to one day ask her out. But for now, vampires were made real. And it wasn't just some trick, some display of dark magic or a convoluted hoax. The creature she dreamed about stood before her. That symbolism for romance and elegance, with strength & mystery, that fascinated her as a filly growing up, was as true as the air she breathed. Yes. If this moment were to end, she'd walk away happy. 

Imagine her surprise when Emerald tackle kissed her. Her lips meeting Angel's own. That was the last thing she thought would ever occur. The very same vampire, was now on top of her. "I'm... being... kissed... by... a ...vampire..." Fantasies. For years, that's all they had been in her head. Until now.

Unless chaos magic is involved, it usually isn't possible for a pony to melt. Angelscape, was as close as one could get to the result. It shouldn't have been possible, but her mind became blanker. She just let things happen. It was taking all her coherent thought to perform the next few actions. She raised an armored hoof to place behind Emeralds head. Angel closed her eyes. Then, she began returning the kiss in full. Her tongue was graced by the sweet blend of imitation bubblegum, her own coppery flavored life essence, and vampony. Especially when she licked those fangs.

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 3

@@Denim&Venom

Twitch jumped - a very UN-robot like action - then looked around frantically for a moment.  He searched in each direction, optics swinging back and forth over the area to no avail... until he saw it.

It was the butterfly Professor Bee had pointed out; it was simply hanging in midair, as if it had told gravity to go fornicate itself.  

From that, Grant took it as more cloaking technology - or robotic hover-flies, whichever came first.  It worried him a bit, as he had no idea how long he'd been followed like this, but it was hardly the time nor place to find out.  After all, the alarm had gone off; it would NOT do to be caught like this.

"Ch-ch-ch-ch-charge station, before myyyyyyyy charge packs run dry-y-y-y?"

He sincerely hoped he'd be able to talk his way out of this quickly - there wasn't much time left.

@@Denim&Venom

(man I can't help but smile reading ^ BROHOOF!)

Emerald and Angle were in a world of their own nothing around them was even heard by the pair, somthing nagged at the back of Emerald's mind that this would get her in trouble and she should act her age, but somethings just were done on impulse she for once in a long time dropped all her graces and poise as head of the military just let go in a moment of madness after a few minuets of the best kissing she had in a few decades she pulled back. "you can brush my teeth whenever you want Angle..."

• Brohoof 2

@@Randimaxis,

"Oh is that right..." Embex began to de-cloak herself. Electric waves washed over her chassis, as as the light stopped bending and her metallic purple skin began to appear out of thin air pixel after pixel. In a matter of seconds, a tall machine in the shape of a changeling queen was now towering over twitch, back to the afternoon sun, the glow of purple iris's leering down at him, a fanged grin pointed down his way. She began to lower herself to him. "Well we can't have that happen now... can we?" she said to him metal muzzle to metal muzzle. "And y'know what, I know just the place you can go while you recharge. There's something you have to see beofre you die." 

(Apologies if this is god modding)

Embex picked Twitch up in her magic and placed him under her foreleg. Slots on her back began to glow. Then, a mist of what looked like glowing crystals exploded out of her back, before stopping in mid air for a nanosecond, and moving back, forming into glowing, crackling panels of gossamer. Insect wings, made of pure energy. She then jumped, and while in mid air, her thrusters kicked on. She was shot off like a missile. It didn't take her long to arc towards the entrance. She cut off her engines. She then made contact with the sidewalk and screeched a skidmark into the stone.

Hopefully Twitch enjoyed the hurricane force winds, the roaring thrusters and the sudden stop.  "Now, before we proceed on, a bit of backstory." She hoisted Twitch up with her magic. "This, was originally going down." She proceeded to flip a screen on her fore-hoof. It then proceeded to play footage of the campus's historic brushing sensation. She played about a minute of this, looking to Twitch to see what his reactions were.

"And now." She hoisted him back up in her telekinesis and proceeded to walk up the steps. In through the door, past a few party goers, Embex began to take stock of the spontaneous party.  Professor Minuet was being crowdsurfed among her Lambda Omicron Lambda brethren. Tomcat was standing on top of Daffidaisy singing her perfect Sammy Hagar impersonation into a broomhandle. Professors Cool Cats & Concerto were dancing together. Somepony set up a game of pin the tail on the pony. The deskbot... was still there.  

As entertaining a sight this all was, she was looking for something in particular. And she found it. She proceeded forward towards it."My good bot, take a good, long, look at this." She set him on the ground, a dozen or so hooves away from-

@,

She was lost. Angelscape was totally lost. Angelscape was totally lost in Emerald. Every touch, every taste, every feel. Angel savored it. There was nothing more, than this moment. Then Emerald broke the lip lock. Angel took a breath she forgot that she needed. She heard Emerald, but it took a bit to fully register in the haze that was her mind. She, Angelscape, could get to do this, maintain the fangs of a real life vampire. She was being offered a dream job. As if all this weren't enough of a dream in of itself. "It...it's actually pronounced "Angel"... But.. it...it would be my pleasure... M'lady..." Angel closed her eyes and met her lips with Emeralds, continuing where they left off, regardless of the new company. 

Embex placed her elbow down on Twitch's cranium and began to lean on him. She sniffled a bit, and appeared to whip her optic. "I am so proud of you Angel. Way to go." She said low enough as not to disturb the two of them. She turned down to Twitch. "See kid, this is what college life, in fact, life itself, is truly about. Get what I'm sayin?"

• Brohoof 2

@@Denim&Venom

after yet more god like kissing, Emerald pulled away again having to breath herself, "sorry Angel I get my words mixed up i'm not squashing you am I? This armor is heavy and with me inside it even more so." She looked into her eyes somthing about what had happened was in Angel's look Something deeper than just a lust filled moment Emerald knew what it was but did Anglescape.

• Brohoof 1

@,

"No... no your not. .... Well yeah, actually you are. Once sec..." She managed to breath out,

...before pushing herself off the ground with her armored hoof, turning, and flipping over Emerald to the ground in a clatter of steel. Now Angel was on top of her, pinning her to the ground. Angel took in a breath. "Ah, much better, sorry."  She said as she stared back down into Emerald's emerald eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom

Emerald looked back at this young cyborg she was a real stunning mare when she now thought of it. "That was one of the most interment things anyone has ever done to me, but if you kept going I was going to bite you, when you pricked your hoof I nearly lost it then and there, but I just had to kiss you."

• Brohoof 2

@,

"Y-you were?"  She managed to breathe out in surprise.  She was close. She was this close. She was this close to actually being bitten by a legitimate vampire. She was this close to having those fangs getting buried deep into her neck.  "W-what... what stopped you?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom,

"it's not like the movies, I ask before I bite and not here in the middle..." she actually looked around and saw how many were around them, "it's somthing done in private and it would not be nice for you I am sucking the life out of you, but kissing that I can do here." She moved her head closer again and kissed her again...

• Brohoof 1

@,

She didn't do it, because she was being considerate. She actually cared. Heartless monsters. Cold blooded killers. Spawn of Santa, or Lucy's Fur, or something. Everything that was told to her face about her interest. How it was just a phase. How she was a freak for liking them so much. How if she met one, she and everypony she knew would die. She was told all this and more about vampires. And yet, here she was, experiencing up most levels of passion with one. She knew there was more. And thanks to Emerald, it was more than she could have dreamed.  

Angel unpinned Emerald, and moved her hooves along her neck. She broke away briefly, as she began to slide the chinstrap of Emerald's guard helm from under her chin and off her muzzle. Once that was done, she resumed her kiss, pushing the helm off Emeralds head so she wouldn't feel so constrained, and so that Angel herself wouldn't be bothered by the poking edges. She began to stroke Emerald's mane as she deepened their kiss. 

• Brohoof 2

Grant had been riding a rollercoaster; first the changeling-bot, then the ride (where he almost lost connection with Twitch, it had been so fast), then the sight of the party and the lip-lock...

Grant's college years had been the last ones he'd been any kind of fully mobile for.  Those times weren't very fun, but he had been a pale, stick figure of a guy who looked genuinely sickly - not the most social of lookers.  When he wasn't being singled out by the rough-handed bullies, he was being dutifully ignored by the rest of the populace... especially girls.

Here, through Twitch's optics, was what looked to be the crux of every old college frat movie he'd ever bootlegged.  A wild party, and everyone having a great time.  The strange one who had brought him here leaned on Twitch like he was an end table, but for once Grant didn't even feel slighted by it - he was witnessing the closest thing to a party he'd ever seen, from what appeared to be inside of it.

Oh, man... I wish I had been invited to something like this.  Hell, I wish I'd have been even considered for an invitation to something like this.  Maybe if I could just take a moment to-...

The first pain hit harder than Grant expected.

Twitch's front left hoof suddenly curled up, and for all of three seconds it vibrated faster than could be tracked by an unaided eye; it was the only way the neural interface could translate the jarring spike of agony that shot through Grant's brain.  Twitch then let out a soft whimper, all but lost in the crashing din around him, and the face plates spun into a look of discomfort.

Okay... it's definitely time for the medicine.  I just hope I can find a corner to log off in before I lose it; I don't want to go into convulsions in the middle of a party - no telling WHAT I'll come back to.

Twitch, in the meantime, had simply stood there and allowed himself to be used as a lean to.  His mismatched eyes looked over the whole scene.  Admittedly, he was a bit jealous - he honestly thought he'd simply been brought here to see what a party was like, not be a part of one.  

He was especially taken by the sight of the Captain and her admirer, enveloping each other... heck, Grant had never even had a girlfriend - this was beyond his experience.  And they looked like they really enjoyed it - it made him wonder what it would be like to kiss through the neural interface in his robot buddy's cranium..?

Grant felt longing to be a part of this kind of fun; Twitch simply seemed unsure and quite shy.  He hadn't even tried to move out from under Embex's lean.

"It looks... fun-un-n-n."

Twitch sounded like an Earth Pony colt watching his pegasus friends playing tag in the sky.

• Brohoof 1

@@Denim&Venom@,

Shadow got up and said as a portal opened and he threw his stuff in, 

"Come find when this whole thing is over, I would like some things answered. If I don't get out of here, I'm going to hurt someone."

He walked outside and opened his wings to their full extent, then he flew onto the roof of the school

• Brohoof 1

@@reader8363,

"Eat me! Don't forget to write!" Tomcat shouted after him.  "Seriously who unplugged his cooling fan?"

@@Randimaxis,

"Oh I am so proud of you my girl. Use what mama Embex taught yo-" Embex felt her elbow scrape along off of Twitch's head. "Huh, wut?" She placed her forehoof back on the ground. She saw Twitch try to straighten himself back up, then his seemingly downer comment on it being 'fun.' "Oh yeah right, the recharge thing." She grasped him back under her foreleg and buzzed off to the nearest recharge socket. "Man, whomever built you, you should get your money back. Didn't they know that hydrogen fuel cells have been a thing for like, 30 years?" Both of them buzzed over to the wall, next to some vending machines. "And there you are, a recharge port!"

A third the way up the wall was a small glowing blue semicircle panel with goldish plates in the center akin to a flower. "Hmm." she looked at it, then back to Twitch. "Uhh, didn't you mention something about being someones concept art piece made out of human tech? Cause I think that means you might be... incompatible." 

• Brohoof 2

@@Denim&Venom

"Of course, I would n o r m a l l y be incompatible..." 

Damndamndamndamndamndamndamn...

"... but as I was built with Eques-ques-ques-questrian existence in mind..."

THERE!  The schematics for the charge relays!  Okay, gotta hurry...

"... I have the proper charrrrrrrrrrrrge ports, of course."

Beneath the surface of Twitch's plating, the nanobots surged and stiffened, locking into the proper shape and form of an Equestrian charge port; the different schematics he'd garnered over the 'Net had cost a heckuva lot of favors, but it had ultimately worked out well for him.  He just hoped the look would pass Embex's general inspection... and that the scanner-fooling program would keep the extremely Earth-Tech nanites from being discovered; there would be no mistaking Twitch's origins if his secret got out.

Twitch popped open a plate, and the correct charge port was there, albeit a very uniquely designed one.

"Thank youyouyouyouyou - I appreciate it.  In fact, I a p p r e c i a t e  b e i n g shown this.  I bet somedaaaaaaay I will actually get invited to an an an an event like this... or at least I can hoooooooope for it.  At any rate, if you'll pardon m-m-m-m-m-me... uhm, I don't think I caught your-our-ur-ur-rrrrr name?"

Grant proceeded to make it appear as if Twitch were connecting up to the port; granted, it wouldn't actually charge - but the look was the important part, right?

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald was still taken by Angel, she stopped them kissing for a moment, "If you want to bitten to see what it's like, just once." She then resumed kissing her letting her think on it if she was genuinely interested well she would not object to a feed.

---

@@Randimaxis,

Crystal had come back into the main hall to find such a party she was taken by it for a moment she moved through the ponies there to find Twitch next to a wall, "are you ok Twitch you need a recharge? There my metal friend?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Randimaxis

"Oh that's good! Looks like your creator wasn't a complete dunce after all! I was afraid I was gonna have to go firemares carry you all the way over to Professor CD in archaeology so that she could find you an adapter. Hey, my advice. Stay away from her. Cause I'm pretty sure that once she see's you, she's never gonna give you up.... never gonna let you down... never gonna run around and dessert you! Never gonna make you cry, never gonna say good bye! Never gonna tell a lie, and hurt you! But seriously, she'd find you fascinating. Maybe even as much as Angel back there found Emerald 'fascinating'." 

She then heard his gratitude and inquire about her name. "Oh, I didn't do the whole intro thing yet. Hold on, let me get into character. *ahhehehem!*" She straightened up. And looked unto Twitch with a leer. "You may address me as Embex, the one and only first Changeling Queen to have transferred to the technomagical age." She said in a low aristocratic tone. "And you've met my friends, Tomcat-

"Can't waste that magic moment! Do it right, here n' now!" 

Daffidaisy-

"Grrrraaaaaaooooowwwwww......."

And of course, you've already seen, and are still seeing-

@Emerald Bolt

Now it was Angelscape's turn to break off the kiss, well, after enjoying another minute of it first. "Oh I do. I've always wondered. Just once, I would like to know. And if it would help you, well, that makes it all the more worthwhile." She went back to the stroking of Emerad's mane & the kissing of her lips. 

"So yeah, we pretty much hang out together all the time. Where you'll see one of us, the rest aren't far behind. We've been friends for a while. *Ahem*" She got serious again. "And together, we are the forces that shape and devastate the universe." She continued on her low low, aristocratic, near seductive tone. She also sent out a message to her three friends, each the received. 

"Ugh, hold on, I gotta take this. Play my part or else they'll give me Tarturus for it." 

"Together, We are-" Embex left off. 

"War!" Tomcat pointed off to them. 

"Grrraaaaooowwww!" (Pestilence!)

"Famine!" Angel shouted back to them.

"Death!" Embex completed. "And together we are-

*Pause for dramatic effect*

A hoof in the air, in chorus they shouted: "The Lone Rangers!" 

"Good. Now that that's over with..." She went back to kissing Emerald with Gusto.

"So yeah, that's who we are." She turned back and noticed Bass. "Oh hey! When'd you get here?"

• Brohoof 1

@@@Denim&Venom 

The Lone Rangers... are they trying to mimic Earth TV?  Because THAT would be priceless!

"As ininininininin 'hi-yo Silver, away?'  Intereeeeeeeesting... and it's good to m-m-m-m-m-m-meet you."

At the mention of the archaeology department, Grant made a mental note to maybe go by there himself to check out this possible 'fan'; maybe he could find help trying to learn what he needed to learn through another department?  It was a shot in the dark, but it was better than nothing.

Twitch then saw Crystal - Bass, that is - coming through the crowd.  Man, when it rains, it pours.  The worst part was, he actually wanted to talk with the crystal pony... heck, he might have wanted to try the whole lip-lock deal on her, if she showed any inclination... but if he didn't-

The next pain was worse.

Twitch suddenly jerked his head to the left, and his lower lip faceplate went spinning rapidly for a few seconds - to all appearances, the name Twitch Glitch would have been very fitting at this moment.  Grant, on the other hand, had to mute his mic to keep Twitch from issuing a replica of the pitiful scream-groan that fell from his human mouth.

When Twitch spoke again, his voice sounded... strained?

"Bass!  It is good t-t-t-t-t-t-t-to see you again!  I finally found a  c h a r g e  s o c k e t; hopefully, I should be fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine in a bit.  I hope-"

The next pain came much sooner - and harder - than expected.

Twitch's face plates suddenly spun off in different directions at once, and his speakers issued a muffled "excuse me" before his muzzle locked into a complete poker-face, his panels locked down, and the glow in his eyes faded away.  He HAD, however, left his optical camera set on 'record', so he wouldn't miss a thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He barely got the headset off in time before he threw up.

He managed to get all but a few drops of it into the trashcan next to his bed; it was there for exactly that purpose.  When his medicine dosages weren't consistent, he could get ill at the drop of a hoof.  This round had produced what was left of the breakfast he'd had - but no blood.  Not today, at least.

Wiping his mouth, he looked around the room as he caught his breath and fiddled with the large brown bottle near his bed, where his medicine was kept.  He did have a decent setup... for a guy who had to rely on spare salvage to construct everything.  There were caseless televisions and cracked computer monitors everywhere, all hooked to a frankenstein of a database, cleverly cobbled together from several generations of debris.  It had become harder and harder to find any sort of appropriate parts to even try to construct a ponybot; much less one as advanced as his little buddy was.  Harder still to have built Twitch the way he had - the interlocking plates and the nanobots were the keys to the whole thing...

They could be rearranged into literally ANY equivalent form: A car, a humanoid, a fire hydrant, a lamp post... or even a pony.  All it took was getting the different plates to cooperate with each other while the nanites filled in the gaps.  They did that perfectly.  As far as Grant had known, a robot that could shift into almost anything was unheard of - especially in the human world.  The fact that Embex had claimed to be a Changeling herself hadn't been lost on Grant; he wondered if she would find Twitch's own abilities to be... interesting.  

His eyes wandered past the gathered junk and moved over to the cheap bureau and end table against the water-stained wall.  On it, bills, notices, warnings and prescription bottles littered every available surface.  It was the reason he'd had to take so much time building Twitch - he'd had to do it piece by rare piece, trying to implement his radical design as he went.

It had taken so long, and the disease in his body and bones kept gnawing at him the whole time.  When he'd started building Twitch, he'd been a robust 237 pounds; now, he was lucky to weigh over 150, soaking wet.  His arms were wiry with muscle, but still wasted sticks on his torso.  His ribs showed, which was why he always wore a shirt; he couldn't stand the sight of himself in the mirror.  His legs could barely support his meager weight, and he had a slight wheeze to his breathing; that had only started a few weeks ago - and without money for a doctor's visit, there had been nothing he could do about it.

As he popped his pills, Grant hoped he'd have enough time to learn about and build a mental transfer apparatus before his real body became as lifeless as a dead battery, yet also wondered if he'd have enough time for friends after all...

@@Denim&Venom,

Emerald stopped them again and motioned them to stand up she picked up her helmet and put it under her wing taking Angel's hoof dead her away to a broom closet where they went inside, she looked a Angel with a serious face. "are you sure you want me to bite you?" 

---

@@Randimaxis,

"Um Twitch are you ok?" she waved her hoof in front of him, "are you receiving an update or something?"

• Brohoof 1