Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fandom q+a Ponies at Dawn Q&A

Batbrony

I have to say that I have never heard of ponies at dawn, but (listening to the first song posted) well where have you BEEN I need to look harder, well keep up the good work fellow Aussie/s!

• Brohoof 1

I have to say that I have never heard of ponies at dawn, but (listening to the first song posted) well where have you BEEN I need to look harder, well keep up the good work fellow Aussie/s!

Well we do try to get ourselves out there as much as possible! Our main avenues of advertisement are direct (through sites like Equestria Daily, Everypony.ru, My Little Remix, etc.) and indirect (through artists releasing their album tracks on YouTube), so if you or anybody else has ideas on where else we should try advertising, I'm all ears. :) But yes, some of the music we've released is amazing and so worth checking out! And if you like what you hear, it's well worth checking out the individual artists too, because we wouldn't have these amazing products to release without them! We'll do our best to keep it up as long as we can. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@@ExplodingPonyToast,

well if you have playlists on das Youtube point them to me and I'll fav them and advertise on my own page. I get a bit of traffic.

We have some playlists of all the tracks released on YouTube from our most recent albums, in no particular order :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzYwRjNCX_eI6beR4tHQRKksFlqltMXG_ Celestial Planes

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzYwRjNCX_eK4BXnBCLJKU0dCaUkwHEXh Starlit Flames

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzYwRjNCX_eLlxuU8ANHAcOJTcxt855fK Snowfall

Edited by ExplodingPonyToast

What does it take to get popular? (outside of skill)

I'd like to know too!! In seriousness, what it takes, in my opinion, is hard work, perseverance, and never missing an opportunity to improve things where you can. Also, taking risks - if you think somebody might be interested in your project - ask! Worst case scenario, they won't care and you won't get a response, but at least you tried. :)

An alternative way to get popular is to cater to the masses with things you know are popular, or just purely by releasing the right thing at the right time. Even with all the hard work in the world, sometimes it just comes down to luck as to whether success happens or not. It's a bit of a lottery, but so is life in the end! 

Ello! Quick Q, what is your favotie anime?

Alright, now have you heard of GUNSHIP?

I love their songs, one of theirs had a stunning pixel animation to go with it!

https://www.google.com/search?q=gunship&oq=Gunshi&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j5j0.8479j1j4&client=ms-android-sprint-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#q=gunship+band&mie=e%2C%2Cgunship%20revel%20in%20your%20time%2CH4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLWz9U3MDQ2S07LyVLi1U_XNzRMsigxtyjIS9YS9C0tzkx2LCrJLC4JyQ_Oz0sHAHu16RgxAAAA

Let me know what you think.

SAO is best.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ello! Quick Q, what is your favotie anime?

Alright, now have you heard of GUNSHIP?

I love their songs, one of theirs had a stunning pixel animation to go with it!

https://www.google.com/search?q=gunship&oq=Gunshi&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0j5j0.8479j1j4&client=ms-android-sprint-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#q=gunship+band&mie=e%2C%2Cgunship%20revel%20in%20your%20time%2CH4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLWz9U3MDQ2S07LyVLi1U_XNzRMsigxtyjIS9YS9C0tzkx2LCrJLC4JyQ_Oz0sHAHu16RgxAAAA

Let me know what you think.

SAO is best.

Hey! My favourite anime.. That's a tough choice! At the moment I'm watching FMA: Brotherhood and very much enjoying it, about two thirds of the way through it. SAO is also really good! Though it suffers from turning what is initially a strong female character into a literal bird in cage needing to be rescued. :P The animation is gorgeous though. I think my overall favourite is probably Log Horizon or HunterxHunter. The depth at which they explore their subject matter is really really interesting. I have not heard of GUNSHIP before. From a quite glance though, their music seems pretty coolz!

Do you know how to make doritos?

I don't D: I just buy them ready-made in a packet... I'm not MLG enough to know the secrets behind them haha

• Brohoof 2

Thanks for answering my two previous questions :D . I have two more questions; hope you don't mind answering them...

-What's your favorite snack you take while working on your albums?

-Do you think the brony fandom is actually dying?

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for answering my two previous questions :D . I have two more questions; hope you don't mind answering them...

-What's your favorite snack you take while working on your albums?

-Do you think the brony fandom is actually dying?

Haha, I'm more than happy to! The more questions the merrier. :)

I don't have any specific snacks I eat whilst working on stuff, but I'm definitely partial to some soy crisps every now and then, as well as maybe some Shapes (dunno if this is a US thing too) or watermelon if there is any. :)

Not at all!! There might be less general interest in everything, but I think there is still a massive amount of interest around in the fandom. If 'a slow loss obsession with every part of the fandom' is dying then sure, but I think whilst the fandom is definitely not as explosively big as it used to be I still think it's more than big enough for meaningful things to come out of it, including our albums! Starlit Flames had 120 submissions, for a dying fandom that would be quite something ;) We also had over 2500 downloads of our Christmas album, so I think there's definitely still more than enough interest to make this stuff worthwhile! 

Every time I try I end up making gold...  WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH ALL THIS GOLD?!

Send it to my PO Box please :)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Thank you everybody who came and asked questions! I've really enjoyed this experience and I hope it's been interesting for all of you as well! If you want to ask me any further questions, don't hesitate to get into contact with me - all my contact details are in my YouTube about page in my signature or the OP of this thread. Ponies at Dawn truly appreciate any and all support given, and it's a wonderful thing to have such a supporting community at the cornerstone of our efforts. :) And thank you to all the staff at mlpforums for giving us this opportunity!

• Brohoof 1

Well, sadly our time with Ponies at Dawn has come to an end.  On behalf of the Poniverse staff and community, I want to extend our warmest thanks and appreciation to them for taking the time to participate in this Q&A event!  It was a lot of fun, and we're happy you could spend some time getting to know our community.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1