Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friends Forever #27 - Pinkie Pie and Granny Smith

Megas

sig-4335309.MyLittlePonyFF27-CVRSUB_MOCK

Christian Rice (Writer) • Agnes Garbowska (Artist & Subscription Cover)  • Tony Fleecs (Main Cover)

It's cider season and things are busy at Sweet Apple Acres! Unfortunately, Granny has broken her hip and Pinkie Pie is called in to look after the cantankerous elder! Will Pinkie's optimism triumph over Granny's stubbornness?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not feeling it with this one tbh

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

This one was cute...even the bland-ish comics are better than most of the episodes.  

Also, I don't feel the need for high adventure, and a little kindness and relationship makes for a fine comic.

I really enjoyed how kind pinkie as to granny, willing to help...and patient!

granny was super ornery while she couldn't get around on her own.  The plot doesn't feel contrived at all.  Old people break bones, and become dependent on others, no matter how independent they WANT to be.  The fact that Pinkie was a bastion of reliability and that it was GRANNY who learned a lesson was a pleasant way for this issue to go. 

I'd never recommend this to someone who wants high adventure, but I as very glad to have purchased it.  

Pinkie was just a joy to watch as she matched the pony granny needed her to be.  

Reminds me to call my grandma too...

Edited by weesh

• 3 months later...

This was a solid entry; IMO. I wasn't really expecting much going in, but I read it feeling somewhat fulfilled. Pinkie played her part well, but Granny's part actually had a deeper meaning here. Once again going back to what Sketchy the Changeling mentioned Granny was experiencing something most people will likely have to once they reach their elderly years; loss of independence in taking care of yourself. While some can deal with that better than others, many others can fall into depression or outright fight back at any help. As extreme as Granny Smith may have been, it's not out of touch with reality.

Give it a read. :)

As extreme as Granny Smith may have been, it's not out of touch with reality.

I suspect that the only people who would consider her behavior extreme would be people who haven't had family deal with this.  

My grandma was once stuck on the floor of her apartment for an entire day because she was too proud to use the emergency button that she had.  

• Brohoof 2