Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A poll for all the NZ bronies about the flag change.

Saroth

What do you think about the possible New Zealand flag change?  

9 users have voted

1. 1. Answer:

• It should be changed
    • Indifferent
    • It shouldn't be changed

1904-CBB-New-Zealand-hero-hill-1080x608.

1904-CBB-SilverFernBBW-hero-hill-1080x60

What is your opinion on the possible NZ flag change? Feel free to discuss it here.

Personally, I like the new flag design. It makes us more recognizable and it keeps the stars from the current flag. However, I do not think that it is worth piling that much money into changing our flag when the current one doesn't have any problems with it. Hell, even the vote is going to cost $26 million of taxpayer's money already. Because of this, I'm indifferent to the flag change myself, but feel free to talk among yourselves.

Edited by Saroth
  • Brohoof 1

Ofc the joke is, everywhere else on the planet probably won't change stuff to the "New" New zealand flag on it for several years after the change. XD

(now that I think about it... where the heck is "Old Zealand" anyway? XD)

Edited by Malinter

(now that I think about it... where the heck is "Old Zealand" anyway? XD)

Here.

I'm personally not a fan of the new flag in OP, something about it just seems off to me. Maybe I just have to get used to it. 

• Brohoof 1

I really don't like the new flag, I'm happy with our current one. You'd expect that from a British expat, but from what I hear not that many people support the new one anyway. It's less that likely it'll succeed.

I just think the flag is unnecessarily complex with the fern fronds; I know it's a national symbol but if I was forced to choose any of the new flags I'd have chosen Red Roof, it emulates simple flag design while being very symbolic in what it stands for.

Edited by AC IV E1

New flag looks better i think I mean the old was too similar to australia and the uk flag looks wierd there anyway 

Everyone keeps saying about how it looks too similar to Australia's; there are numerous more flags that look even more similar, and we had ours first. It's not a problem if people look a tiny bit harder. And the U.K.'s flag is there for a reason, we retain the Queen as Head of State and so I believe it should stay.

Hands down, I think the flag should only change when/if we become a republic; besides, the numbers I've heard about say it's most likely the flag won't change, though not impossible.

Uhh... well, I'm kinda leaning towards the second one. Don't get me wrong, the first one's fine, but there are so many flags with the Union Jack in them already that it's kinda hard to tell the difference, especially for an outsider like me.

Then again, I guess it'd be hard for an outsider to tell the difference between the Texas and Chilean flags...

Ppkk8lA.jpg

Still, my favorite flag of all time would have to be the "Come and Take It" flag flown at the Battle of Gonzales during the Texas Revolution. Basically the Mexicans gave the Texans a small cannon to protect against Comanches, but after the revolt, they requested that it be returned. The flag was their answer to the request.

Gonzales1_jpg.jpg

...I'm rambling again, aren't I?

Yeah, sorry...  -_-

Anyway I like the new flag, but if y'all New Zealanders want to stick with the old one, it's fine by me. I just think it looks a bit too much like Australia's flag...

Edited by Meson Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Reminds me of the change to the Canadian flag from the old "Red Ensign" to the maple leaf. 

v129_20070026Gflag1957.jpg

I personally like the old flag more than the maple leaf. Likewise, I like the New-Zealand Blue Ensign as well. 

Edited by DATA EXPUNGED