Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Derpy still a Background Character?

Sporemane

After appearing in the Slice of Life episodes, and given the cannon name Muffin. Has Derpy evolved into a minor MLP Character, instead of a background character.

Edited by Sporemane

Well, we haven't seen her since, and if we did, she's in the background, so...I'd say she's still a background character.

Edited by VengefulStrudel

I don't really think so... She had a larger part in Slice of Life because it was a nod to the community for the 100th episode. I haven't seen her often since then...but I would like to see her as a secondary at some point just to see how she would interact with the other ponies.  :P

Her big appearance in Slice of Life was no different than the appearances of other background characters who got the spotlight. That was a one-time thing, and Derpy is still meant for the background.

Her and the many other ponies that appeared in Slice of Life are still background ponies, as they have not made any other major appearances since then, but the other thing, is that Slice of Life's entire moral was about how background ponies are still very important despite them being 'in the background' so that also that they all are still background ponies, but still important nontheless. ^__^

• Brohoof 1

I hope so.  There already is a large amount of characters in the show that are being focused on and we don't need characters like Derpy getting in the way of others.

There are already characters like Zecora, Cherilee and even Princess Celestia who have been on the show for a long time and I would like for them to get more focus than the small amount that they get right now.

I liked Derpy's role in Slice of Life, but she still is a background character. Slice of Life focused on many of the background characters too, so I don't think that makes her more than a background character. I just do not see her more than a background character.  :derp:

She's STILL a background pony (I like it that way ).. you can't make her a 'side character' pony... IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN! ! The pics of Derpy all over this forums, wikia, fimfiction,Goohle Plus, Facebook and Twitter. .. the fans will be like "OH GOD DERPY!!! YAY!!! DERPY!! BEST PONY..YAY!!!"

It'll drive me crazy

Yes she is, because besides Slice of Life, she hasn't had a real role in an episode, except as a bit of a background gag for us fans (although episode 100 was pretty much just a glorified version of that), so she really is still in he background.