Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Hasbro gave the rights of MLP to the fandom?

SticksLikeGlue

<looks at the consequences>

Nope... Please Celstia don't let this happen...

It's deffinitly not good idea to give fandom the rights of MLP.

It could be gently speaking... bad...

• Brohoof 1

Even before Hasbro gives the IP to the fans you can already see how many bronies seem to already be confused with what is canon or headcanon. The brony fandom will become smaller after the end of MLP but if Hasbro gives the IP to the fans, the soon to be shrinking fandom will be splintered into smaller different factions. 

• Brohoof 2

<looks at the consequences>

Nope... Please Celstia don't let this happen...

It's deffinitly not good idea to give fandom the rights of MLP.

It could be gently speaking... bad...

well whats worse, king sombra incharge of the show, or EVERY brony in the fandom?

also i used sombra as an example and can apply to other villins too :)

Ok, how about this? Lauren Faust comes back as executive producer and she picks animators, VAs, musicians, background artists, etc from the fandom. That way MLP won't turn as dark as we all think. :D At least with the fandom running it we could have better fight scenes. :D

Nope, nope nope nope nope nope NOPE NOPE NOPE ....

tumblr_inline_nk20zewP541row6m8.gif

Even if Faust chooses the guys herself, there are  many reasons for so much NOPE. One of which, she leaving the show for too long, and it deviated out of her original vision. Second, unprofessional fans taking care of the license.... it would be ironic how we made the franchise big, only for us to crumble it. 

Nope NOPE, NO FANDOM SHOULD TAKE CARE OF OFFICIAL CONTENT 

• Brohoof 1

TBH. I can see every episode starting with a disclaimer saying WARNING. R34 is in this episode. Please go away if you don't want to see it.
If it was that lucky. Female characters in the hands of Male audience members. Yeah.... I can see that being really, really, really. bad.

• Brohoof 1

Next time on MLP... Clop

The other time on MLP.... Gore, and a little clop.

The OTHER time on MLP.... OK THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND HERE!!!!

^^^^^^^ What I think would happen ^^^^^^^

• Brohoof 1

Next time on MLP... Clop

The other time on MLP.... Gore, and a little clop.

The OTHER time on MLP.... OK THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND HERE!!!!

^^^^^^^ What I think would happen ^^^^^^^

and dont forget all those Mary Sue OC's xD

I'd much rather see the show be complete rather than be unnecessarily dragged on, by the fandom no less. While it had some executive meddling (like the Twilycorn and the Castle), if it was handled by the fandom, "executive meddling" would be an understatement. Each episode would just be fanservice after fanservice.

Plus, even when the show ends, I highly doubt Hasbro will be giving its rights out. With all the money the franchise made over the past decades, they ain't letting it go so easily. (And why would they? :P)

• Brohoof 3

I like that idea, make buttonmash actually say something in the show even. I don't know, I would to see button actually becoming cannon ... Well, I'm ruling out the 100th episode as he was in 1 or 2 frames and that's it :/

Then R34, gore/violence, conflicting headcanons, shipping, and fanfictions, could very well become canon. So I think giving Bronydom rights to MLPFIM will ironically result in many leaving Bronydom. I'll consider fanworks as optional addition to MLP:FIM rather than actually being canon.

• Brohoof 2

If that happened, the fandom would turn into a literal pile of shit. Since everyone has different things they want to happen, and it would cause a massive flame war. And then all the haters and stuff would just start making stuff about how bad a fandom we are, and they would be right for once.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really feel like reading through all the pages of replies so far, so I'll go ahead and say what I'm sure has already been said a few times.

Actually, I'll use a clip for my reaction.

For every member of the fandom who could bring something good to it, there are at least two dozen who would not. The fandom, as a result, would tear itself to shreds, there would be a plague of badly written, badly executed contradictory episodes, no-one would be able to agree on a canon, and basically it would kill the show deader than dead.

Sure, there would be some good stuff, but the bad would drown it out by far.

We have enough sites for fanstuff, let's leave it at that.

• Brohoof 1

Fortunately they never will and fans would run it into the ground because they forget that it's primary target is for kids and not for them.

We enjoy it because it's their property that they keep going and reinventing.

The fandom has fiction and art let that be enough.

Edited by Leave a Whisper
  • Brohoof 1

Give the rights to the fandom? You make me laugh.

First, Hasbro would NEVER give the rights to My Little Pony to anyone. It is such a money making giant, that they would only consider giving up the rights for a ridiculous sum of money. 

I know you mean give the rights of FIM, but FIM is a version of MLP. In order to give up rights to FIM, they would have to give up at least some right's to MLP.

If you use FIM, you are automatically also using MLP.

The most I can see happening is making FIM a public domain (anyone can use it as they please, as long as they don't make profit from it), but not MLP.

When it comes down to it, Hasbro is a corporation that has one goal: to make money, and giving the rights to FIM to anyone for free, even after the show ends, does not fit in with their goals.

• Brohoof 1