Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship Stories

Arpeggio Sweep

In the spirit of Friendship Is Magic, I was wondering if anyone here has some stories about friendship that they're fond of, and if they would share it.

For example, I have one that I'm very fond of telling. It's about how I met one of my best mates, the strangest but nicest friend I've ever had:

He came to the same school as me in grade 11, one day. He seemed a bit quiet at first, and then we got on really well, and I found out that he had a weird but awesome sense of humour. He eventually told me that he got expelled from this other school, which is why he came to mine. I won't go into detail about how he got expelled, but by Celestia's light, it is an expelled-from-school story that I could almost guarantee would put any you have heard to shame. It was a prank that he and his friend did that spiralled out of control, and RUINED the honeymoon of a couple from overseas, to the point where they had to spend a week in quarantine before they could go home. Yeah, that bad. 

They got in trouble with the police, and my mate got expelled. He said that he's never been so ashamed in his life. He's not a bad guy, he's super cool, but yeah that was his biggest mistake ever.

So he's crashing at my place for the night one time, and he said "but dude, if I had the opportunity to go back and stop myself from doing it, I wouldn't take it. I would let myself do it."

So I said "…I dunno, it was pretty bad, dude."

"No dude, honestly I would let myself do it. For one simple reason. And do you what that reason is?"

"…'Cause that's how you met me?"

"'Cause that's how I met you."

• Brohoof 1

Some of my best friends are a group of three sisters. The two twins a couple of weeks older than my sister and I and their little sister. We've been best friends ever since we were just babies, when our moms met in the baby isle of Wal-Mart. We would hang out all the time, but right before we started school, they moved halfway across the country. It wasn't until six years later that they'd move back here and we'd be reunited. Now they live only 45 minutes away, and we can see each other so much more.

• Brohoof 2

My best friend was sleeping over and we decided to go out and get some Dunkin' Doughnuts at 2;00am.

It was fun.

• Brohoof 1

@Arpeggio Sweep, I've moved your thread to General Discussion, as the topic has more to do with general friendship accounts rather than MLP or the fandom in particular.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by PM. :)

• 4 years later...

I have a lot of memories of friendship! Some really good! Some of my happiest moments as well!

However, there are also a huge amount of bad friendship stories, and they kinda overshine the good ones. Sadly, many of the bad ones are the ones I can remember the best. And I don't want to drag you all down with me!

• Brohoof 1

I often visit my first best friends home... back in high school to play KH. College I met a lot of Nepali and become their friends and every spring for their Asian  club, they would run a Holi festival with traditional  food, music, dancing, and of course throwing colorful powered at each other. That was actually the greatest time I ever had with my friends. Most of my college years I just always happen to befriended with Nepalis so I learned a lot of their cultures plus they're fun to be around with too. Most people I hung out always talks about schools and such, while with them is just Kpop and other fun nonsense. I remember how all have names start with an "S" and they would laugh at me for pronouncing their name wrong so they have shorten it for me to make easier. 

good time, good time.

(edited)

One friend I met in first grade in 1999.  He got seated by me in class, we started talking, and have been best friends since. 

Another I met in 2001 in third grade.  He was pretty weird and a lot of kids were kinda scared of him for it.  At recess one day I saw him digging into a hill with a stick.  I went over and asked him what he was doing, and he said he was trying to build stairs up the hill. 

So I joined in and helped him, and we’ve been buds ever since as well. 

Edited by AppleBolt ⚡️
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I met my first friend outside of my family at the bus stop in kindergarten back in 1996-1997. 

It was the first day of school. I stood next to him and introduced myself. Then we started talking. 

It’s 2020. That’s how I met my best friend.

wow I wish making friends was that simple for me

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

@Princess of Luck 🍀🔥 Its not really for me either. Sometimes you just click with some people. I got a lot of rejection too and for a long time only had 2 friends. Before that just one friend.

I consider you my friend. And many others here. 

Aww you;re my friend too.

Life was much simpler back in primary school. I had a few friends, who were totally different from me, and I liked them cause they were honest and spoke what they thought. I lost contact with them after primary school and haven't seen a single one of them since.

Secondary school was a pain. I spent the first half as a kinda loner who flitted between different groups of people. Like some of the people were my friends but we weren't particularly close. In the second half of secondary school, I got a closer group of friends but I would call myself a kind of exile from the group. I spoke to them every break and lunch time in school but since I never spoke to them after school, they all got closer and closer due to face time and group calls nearly every day, while I just grew apart. Now they hesitate to say stuff in front of me. They're all nice in school, but I can tell that it really wouldn't bother them if I was there or not and sometimes I can just feel their thoughts about not having me wanted there at that particular moment. Ofc they don;t say it out loud, but I can tell. I'm probably better off without them, but then I'd have very few friends to talk to in school.  I'm just hoping to pass the next year or two, get to uni and make some good friends, ones that genuinely want me there. 

So yeah friendships have been really harsh on me :(

Edited by Princess of Luck 🍀⚡🔥

4 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I met my first friend outside of my family at the bus stop in kindergarten back in 1996-1997. 

It was the first day of school. I stood next to him and introduced myself. Then we started talking. 

It’s 2020. That’s how I met my best friend.

That's an amazing friend story.

I met my first friend by forcing my mom to make her friend's kid be friend with me. The end! :ph3ar:

I call it "Playdate with a booger eater." :ButtercupLaugh:

I've known the majority of my irl friends for longer than I can remember, so I have no idea how or when or why any of us started talking. The others just sort of happened, and I really don't know how.

Back in elementary and middle school, I had a group of really close friends. There were five of us, and we'd do everything together. Maybe not as a whole group, but wherever one of us went, you could be sure at least one other person from the group was somewhere nearby. My favorite memories were the sleepovers we'd have at one of my friend's house. His home was probably the worst to have them at, with how there was never enough space, everything smelled like cigarette smoke, and his dogs tracked fleas into the house, but we still had so much fun playing CoD zombies for hours on end while eating pizza and drinking Coke. I miss those days.

My favorite recent memory was the trip my marching band took during my senior year of high school. We spent three days at the various Disney World parks, performed in a parade at Disney, then spent another day at the Universal Studios park (it's better than Disney World in every way imo). I made way too many memories to count that week, but one of my favorites were actually on the thirteen hour bus ride home. We did really dumb shit the whole way back (one of my friends went in to the bathroom of the bus and shouted "Hey Beter" as loud as he could, we played stupid sounds from a sound board, and I played the Wii theme on a metal clarinet, among other things), and it was hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I chose my current best friend IRL during preschool because he looked like another person that I remember from daycare. Turns out I chose well as he is now famous. :mlp_icwudt:

My best friend in the whole world is a girl I met working in my department at Disneyland. She started the year after me and we hit it off right away. I'm friends with most of the people I know there but she and I have a deeper unspoken understanding. She also covered for me a great deal when I was on medical leave a few years back and even introduced me to my hubby-to-be. She's so special to me and I consider her my soul sister. There just aren't any words for a friendship like that; just love I guess.

• Brohoof 2

Was in another community 4 years ago and a woman talked to me after I introduced myself, because my nickname there reminded her of her favorite video game. And indeed, we both were referring to the same game, it was the favorite for both of us at that time! This community has nothing to do with games at all, so this happening at all was a huge miracle. She was the nicest person ever and we wrote many emails back and forth and we became good friends. I didn't even know that friendly or trustworthy humans existed and it slowly changed, thanks to her. And we became best friends over time. She is also like a soulmate. I can 100% trust her, be myself around her, show my emotions happily and freely, not getting judged for anything. I can count on her in possible difficult times, I know that. I know it's difficult to even have 1 good friend in life, I am very grateful. :kindness: