Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Expedition

Lemon Slices

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/145995-the-expedition

A weak rain was about to fall, as the pegasi needed to follow their schedule, but not ruining the organization of a special event between the Seekers of the Relic. Hidden in an alley, covered by shadows, one of them was interested in the issue of the new community, however, the lack of evidence of the said Emerald Apple gave her a bit of skepticism. "Looks like a random tale stolen from a book. And everypony knows tales are not true. But what if... It can be a true testimony. The chances are low as grass, but still counts, right?" The hidden mare asked herself.

Iniblia. That was her name. Between the option of just being outside of the picture and the option of having a chance to really find out the truth about the words of the Seekers, she was undecided. "This is not a matter of belief. They are recruiting normal ponies to seek for this artifact... It certainly looks dangerous. Being lost... In Equestria's borders... Can be lethal." She thought to herself, walking along with a moving crowd to get more information about the so-called "Expedition".

The crowd was going down the street until an open grass field, with a big red sign, with white painted letters written "EXPEDITION". A number of, approximately, twenty benches and fifty hay piles were lying around the sign, with dozens of ponies preparing themselves for a journey. "Really? Really a large number of ponies are going to do this? I wasn't expecting such a large number", Iniblia said, while walking. "They really are thinking in safety", thought, while watching some of the preparing ponies with special equipment and big backpacks for storing important stuff. As Iniblia got closer and closer, she could notice somepony with a loud-speaker, in the middle of a speech.

"My little ponies", said this highlighting figure between the crowd, known as the leader of the Seekers of the Emerald, Hoof Steps. "I have some bad news, and good news. The bad news are... That there are no more slots for joining The Expedition."

That made everypony sad, except the lucky ones.

"However, we got good news. The good news are... That there are ten strategic points in Equestria's borders, that might have the location of the legendary Village of the Emerald. And we got nine groups of explorers... So we need another group to close."

The faces of the ponies who had hope in participating of the event were priceless.

"As you could see that some of you ponies have a special accessory... An armlet with our symbol, the Emerald Apple. The ones who got those armlets are set as Captains, who have authority, but responsibility for the group which you're leading. Right now, in this moment, the Captain of this new group will be selected by our staff, and brought here to receiving the armlet. Sompony... With the aura of a leader, of somebody who can take out responsibilities, and face dangers with no problem."

When Iniblia was back to her senses and her blue eyes realized what was actually going on, a hoof was pointing to her face. "Are you okay?" Hoof Steps said, curious.

"Oh, sorry. I got distracted. What did you say before?" Iniblia said, not understanding the situation.

As he replied, "We chose you as a Captain. Of The Expedition!" Applause and more applause were coming from all directions.

"Wait, wait, I think that I shouldn't"

She just got pushed to the center of the place, becoming face-to-face with Steps. Iniblia got an armlet, in green color, with an emerald stamped on. "You are now declared a Captain of the Tenth Group, of the Fiiiirst Expedition!" And then everypony started applauding again.

Edited by Lemon Slices
  • Brohoof 1

Kasmeer walked, litle further in back then the rest of the crowd. She was not big social pony, and in most situations she liked to be in company of her onli true friend Marjory - her puppet. Kasmeer may not have been too big friend person but thing she liked was exploring - as when she done thet, she could lost her self in world thet was just her own, no one to bother her, no one to criticis her, and most of all no one to talk to her. And this was great oprotunity to see more of this beautifull world she read in books and seen in her head.

"Are we there yet Jory?" Kasmeer asked Marjory with week and quait tone because she did not want to draw too much attention on her self. "Yeh we are almost there I belive!" Kasmeer answered to her self, as she opened and closed Marjory mouth - thet is like Marjory was talking. Kasmeer voice did not change much as she was talking as Marjory, it was litle louder than hers. "N-not so loud." Kasmeer said to Marjory with even quaiter voice then before. "Oh,cheer up!We are almost there." Onces again Marjory answered to her, still loud as before. And as Marjory was giving out her answer they were entering this open grass field - thet is, place were evryone in this crowd headed.

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle Crescent, knew she was a horseshoe in. She is already an experienced traveler, has been to places outside of Equestria, has obtained other rare artifacts, faced mythological creatures... Anything else actually needing to be mentioned? So, she had a high and mighty attitude when she walked into the green fields. Easy peasy... She thought...

"I have some bad news, and good news. The bad news [is]... That there are no more slots for joining The Expedition." The speaker said when she arrived. Cuddle's jaw dropped. 

I'M LATE! She thought, seeing everypony around her saddened as well. The day I come back to Equestria, to do something for some bits, and I've now missed it! Cuddle was very upset. But then:

The speaker continued, pausing the crowd's misery, "However, we got good news. The good news [is]... That there are ten strategic points in Equestria's borders, that might have the location of the legendary Village of the Emerald. And we got nine groups of explorers... So we need another group to close."

Cuddle breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm in." She smiled, giving her best, wondering how they will decide the next group...

Seeing the pony picked as captain, must mean the captain is selecting. Hearing applause, she stomped her hooves as well.

(Oh, and I had to correct those two sentences sorry XD)

Edited by Overlord0909

(edited)

Iniblia saw the actual moment as a burden. "Damn! Why did he... I didn't even want to take part in this. Well, looks like I need to choose somepony here to tag along. But there are so many... Let's see... It's better picking mares, since I don't want any pervert stallion nearby... Wait, one of them look very interested in this business. Those eyes... Wait. I'm a captain now. I must have the power to see through eyes. What can she have? Determination? Curiosity? Or it's just an illusion of my part?"

At that moment, she needed to be who she isn't. A captain.

She asked the staff to walk between the crowd, so she could have a better vision of it. As they agreed, Iniblia looked at every eye, and as she were a goddess, a queen of destiny, in her mind, she judged everypony by their eyes, as her hunting and authoritative stare went through all the souls she met. "No, no, no, weak. This one no... Wait."

Iniblia needed to look at her again, thinking, "Her eyes... Her eyes were so revealing... and bright... Her mane is also beautiful. But I can actually smell dust from previous journeys in her soul. Not that I could say this, but... Something inside me say that. Her cutie mark is a heart... Breaking a bar of steel! Interesting."

Still staring at her, she said. "What's your name, please? I think I got a partner."

Edited by Lemon Slices

"Jory were should we go now?" Kasmeer asked her bunny puppet, with still low voice, as she was walking true the crowd of pony on this open grass feld. "How should I know?" Marjory answered to her master. "If you dont know,how can I know something?". Kassmer raised her head and looked at Marjory as she walked.And as she walked she said "Well you dont have to be rude you know." Kassmer said to rude puppet,she did not even look in front of her as she walked - and because of thet she runed into an pony - Iniblia. Kassmer looked into thus pony and pulled her puppet back,and now this puppet was behaind her head. "I-I am sorry." Kassmer said to this pony and tryed to contineu walking pass her,and hopping she would not say annything back at her.

• Brohoof 1

The pony told Iniblia her name. "Cuddle Crescent, captain!"

Iniblia smiled. "I know you want to join this Expedition more than anypony else. So you are in. No questions". The other ponies had a mixture of jealousness and hope, after all this was the last group, and nopony knew when and where would the Expedition take place. "I guess I would need another pony in the gro-Ouch."

Somepony bumped into her, which face couldn't be seen, as a hood was leaving it under shadows. It made our newest captain a bit curious, and even more curious after her excuse, with a beautiful, fragile voice: "I'm sorry", and trying to leave untouched. More than curiosity, her face went to the leaving pony as a compass pointing to the North.

"Wait!"

It seemed like the other pony got static, surprised, as Iniblia continued to say: "I know it might sound stupid, but... Could you please... Uhm... Show yourself?"

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle was so polite! Really, she just was in for the bits and adventure; and knew she be picked. But, she was excited to hear it when she got accepted anyways. Cuddle then noticed the commotion between the captain and the shy pony. Who's that? Even with her sharp eyes, she couldn't see between the crowd of glaring faces. She shrugged, and headed up to where she was waved to by another staff member.

Still listening to what is going on, she pondered what section of Equestria she was going to as she walked through the crowd... She hasn't been to many places of Equestria, she assumed them to be super dull... But maybe this'll surprise her. She smiled, noticing ponies starting to subside their displeasure of being not picked.

Wherever it was, she was ready!

She asked the stallion she met earlier to give her bag back. The stallion smiled awkwardly, and began to lift the heavy bag, grunting as he did so. She shrugged it on and continued to her destination, leaving the stallion blushing saying "Yur Welcoooome!" as she of course said "Thank you."

So polite. She hates all this show.

Edited by Overlord0909

"You perv!" Marjory said as she moved from behaind Kasmeer head to almost front of her face. "My eyes are up here...." Puppet started as her little arms moved up and down. "...take it or leave it." She finished with still litle louder and little deper voice of Kasmeer.

Kasmeer did stoped and turned around,she did not like to talk with strangers so her face was still looking down and her hod was still on her head."W-whay do you whant thet?" She said to Iniblia.

The chatting drew attention of everypony in this place, so Iniblia had to choose her words carefully.

"Well... Everypony here in this crowd seems to look forward to join in this event... And you are the only one who got here without showing any interest. You know, this is the first Expedition, right? Shouldn't you be interested as well?"

She stopped, waiting for a reaction, but it didn't happen. "After all, if it's not too possessive of my part, why would you even get here?" Iniblia continued, static as the pony who she was talking with.

• Brohoof 1

"W-whay would you..." Kasmeer started with week tone after Iniblia started to pick on her, but quickly was cut off by Marjory.

"Whay dont you pick on some one your own size jerk?" Marjory said,as she moved right in front of the Kasmeer face so thet this mean pony would not look directly at Kasmeer face.

Edited by Primordus
  • Brohoof 1

"Have you heard the rumours?

"They said ponies, groups upon groups of ponies will come"

"I heard that they seek something"

"I heard that they'd scour the ends of the earth for it"

"I heard...."

"Yada yada yada. Get to the point. What's that have to do with me?"

"...they seek the relic."

"...the relic?"

"...No not that one, the other one."

"Oh."

"How did you hear about this and not me. I mean, we literally spend 100% of our time together."

"Facebook"

"What?"

"I heard the words whisper through the winds winding from the west. The forest whispers too.

If you listen closely enough, You can hear them-"

"Bullshit"

"Language."

Iniblia was surprised at the animated puppet that actually was able to speak. "Ahn, no, I think you got the wrong way of it..."

In her mind, she was thinking about a way to draw her attention in a quick and efficient way. And then she looked back at the actual situation and thought: "Wait. I'm a captain. I can..." and then said: "You know, I have something to offer. Something relevant, I must say. And I'm looking forward to share it with somepony here. The thing is, I would love to check out who you are. Maybe you can be my partner in this journey. But I don't think you little friend would like to have some, let's say, adventure. I'm really sorry."

But deep in her mind, she was hoping to the plan to go right.

• Brohoof 1

"She is in." Marjory said to this mean pony, thet just moments ago atacked Kasmeer just because she bumped in her.

"I-I n-no....." Kasmeer tryed to say,but soon was cut off by Marjory onces again.

"See she is in." Marjory said quick,not leting Kasmeer say no to this. "So what are we suppos to do?" Marjory contineued,still not letting Kasmeer get a single word in this conversation between her and this mean pony.

Edited by Primordus
  • Brohoof 1

Finally, the crowd was easier to see through, now she was on the platform. Cuddle was a little perplexed about the animated puppet; but continued to watch this ongoing performance, with mixed bemusement and an eerie feeling. Dark magic? Hmm... Seemed so weird that the puppet had it's own mind. But... it is kind of funny. She thought with yet another smile, Now, more than ever, I feel excited about being in Equestria.

"Come over here!" Cuddle waved a hoof, hearing that question, "The crowd will move!" Hearing complaints from them as a response, but nobody got overly angry at the choosing.

Somepony called, "Is that all who you're choosing?!" The ponies awaited the response.

Iniblia grinned. But she didn't have words for answering the animated puppet.

"Is that all you're choosing?"

At that question, Iniblia looked at all the crowd again, and asked herself: "Will I really take any more? Two is small, three is good, but four is a crowd..." and then said to everypony:

"I am the captain. I have responsibilities. I'm not a babysitter. I don't how many ponies would make a regular group of explorers, you know, but I'm literally not accepting anypony else. How should we begin, Hoof Steps?"

"Well, if that's your decision... I just need to tell you something. This tenth strategic point in Equestria's borders is not... How could I say... Peaceful. It is surrounded by dangers, but not that the other points don't have as well, it's just... Less ponies mean less group strength."

"And more ponies mean higher chance of losing a teammate." She replied coldly, reducing the parallel conversations to silence. "Hmm... So I think you agree with my decisions... That's fine, I'm fine. But my question hasn't been answered: How should we start?"

"You should... pick the compass, map and supplies, and follow the target. Your map has a highlighted area at the east, near the litorals. Just follow this area, and the chance of you finding the relic may not be null."

Iniblia picked her things, and called her teammates.

"Let's go then. Do you guys have a question?"

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle spoke up first. "Yeah!" She said, "Can we hurry up?!"

Cuddle needs an adventure... all these ponies... just standing around... watching her... disliking her... I'm losing my cool... Of course they are jealous of my awesomeness, and I should understand that by now. Cuddle thought to herself, flinging a bang out from an eye.

The crowd, after hearing the response, still grumbled a little, but it subsided as the time moved forward to the next question.

"Y-yes,I don...." Kasmeer started to ask an question to the mean pony,but soon, like evry

other time until now,she was cut short by Marjory.

"No she dont have an question for you meany." Marjory answered,quickly and almost loud to Iniblia. "So if thet is cleared,are we ready to go?"

• Brohoof 1

Iniblia giggled. "Of course we're ready, spokesdoll", she said, walking to the backpack with supplies, and later picking the map and compass.

"Ok girls, we have all the things we need. Let's march..." As Iniblia waited for the compass' pin to point to the North, "...There!" She pointed to the east, looking to Cuddle's excited face and Kasmeer's... Not very excited face, and let a simple smile in which she truly deposited her feelings. And started their journey.

After reaching the surface of the geographic area of the forest, Iniblia stared at the magnificence of the first obstacle to the sacred relic the Seekers wanted so badly. "What about a little chat, you know, things can get boring... It can't be any bad to know just a bit about each other..."

• Brohoof 1

Cuddle smiled, following their leader (which she let her be), and decided to say half of the truth. "I'll share first. I'm Cuddle Crescent, I haven't been to many areas in Equestria, but I have always loved exploring." She said, "I can't wait to see what we go up against!" She paused, "Is there anything else you'd like to know? Just ask. But for now, I think I'll let the pair talk if they wish." Seeming like she was done, Cuddle then added, "But I am curious... How come the doll is um... Acting on it's own will? Or is it an illusion of sorts?" She questioned.

What a great way to start a journey.

"Who are you calling illusion?" Marjory stated as she faced now the other pony, thet was called Cuddle, 'she' did not like when other ponys called her just an decoration.

Kasmeer then contineued in her own voice "Calm down Jory,s-she probably did not want to insolt you." Even if she had full control ower Marjory, Kasmeer liked to act like Jory was real.

"She called me out to just be an illusion, she said I dont have anny feeling." Marjory said facing to Kasmeer, and after thet she quickly faced this so called Cuddle and contineued "As you see I am reall, probably even more then you."

"J-Jory thet was not nice." Kassmer said to Marjory, and then looked at Cuddle's and contineued little more quaitly then when she was talking to Jory "I am sorry about her behavior. She know to be mean when somepony call her fake."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, at least it's better than just accept others to say that. I mean, there are a lot of enchanted things around these places. Have you ever thought about a soul being trapped inside Jory or something like that?" Iniblia said, scratching her chin, not afraid of the consequences, after all, nopony could know her strength right now, and probably nopony is willing to check it out.

• Brohoof 1

"I feel a disturbance in the forest"

"Bull-"

"Nuh ah ah~ MY feel is legit. The trees don't lie, Khris. I, the great Enzo, am toootally in sync with naatuuree~"

"...you gonna elaborate on that 'disturbance?'"

"Nah, nothing much. Just a small group of ponies nearing the border of the forest. You know, when an event as small as this becomes worth mentioning; it just shows how bloody BORING this place is."

"I dunno. Maybe they're looking for a relic of sorts....Like I said so earlier?"

"Now that I think of it, that's one of the few reasons ponies come to secluded forests anyway. You know, there's no fun in making safe bets..."

"Well, back in my day, they were more profitable."

"Your ridiculous notions aside, I say we pay the group a visit. At least check on them to make sure they do the forest no harm, you know?"

"I must say, no matter how impossible you get, you don't forget your roots. Sometimes, I feel that you have the potential to... You're just bored, aren't you?"

"Yup"

Cuddle was taken a bit aback by the sudden hostility. "Oh no, I wasn't saying you were fake. You misunderstand, but I feel that your presence isn't powered by the basic life force that us ponies or any other animal, plant, etc... has." She said, then took in a breath, "Sorry, if I offended you in any way. I'd like for us to be friends, it is a good bond to have in dangerous situations..."

After a bit, she wondered something. "How close are we now?"

Kasmeer did not know how to answer to Cuddle question, it was so strange question thet anny answer she comed up to say in Marjory's voice would be quait odd, and even if she said something wrong she was litle afraid of thet mean pony from before, as she was sure thet she will yell at her again if something gone wrong.

"O-ok." Was the onli word Kasmeer could have said at this moment, thet she thinked wont draw tok big attention from mean pony, and would make an answer to Cuddle. After thet answer she lowered her head and looked at a ground in hope Iniblia wont become mean to her again.

• Brohoof 1

In one side, Iniblia needed to keep her power on, but in the other side, the problem of having too much authority was just kicking in with strength. But the biggest problem was that she herself haven't noticed this pressure yet, until a close look in Kasmeer's face.

"She looks so shy... But why? I mean, we are just us, it's not like she should be afraid of something notable. Should I ask?", Iniblia asked herself. But then the notable figure of Jory came into her mind.

"No. Better wait. I already gave'em too much of a bad impression. By the way..." A sound of branches breaking and leaves grinding was coming from far, but the density of the forest, the silent background and the wet air could lead these noises to any ears.

• Brohoof 1