Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc University of Canterlot (revamp): OOC

reader8363

On top of the professors and staff in the first post....

Prof. Indus Moonquill teaches dark arts (jonno) , correct me if I'm wrong

Second Sight teaches enchantments ( Enzo)

Gearhart teaches transmutation magic ( Gearhart )

And Inn Keep manages the university's bar. ( Enzo )

Just add on tot he list if something is missing

Just an idea

A day

ancient artifacts

enchantments

medical studies

P. E.

B day

dark arts

transmutation

defence

If more are added/known I'll update it.

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 3

Alicorn.

Adante.  @@SugarfootWillie,

Ratchet @,

Flimp "the pegasus" @@Flinp

Changling,

Flearia @

Midnight. @@MidnightMadness1

Travelture@@reader8363

Crystal.

Crystal@, .

Ginger@@GingerLightning, .

Summer. @@Summer Breeze

Hacktune@@HackTune, .

Flamestreak. @

Did I forget anyone? wrong oc? if so Sorry :/ bit hard to se all.

• Brohoof 4

@,

I apologize, I'll break it down for ya. FYI everything is spoken outloud, the blue is for dialogue and the black is asides or monologues.

Sorted and feed,

Chamber-ward march

Swarthed in fame

The house Alicorn.

Now that he has been assigned a house and fed, Andante walks towards his house which is wrapped (swarthed) in a history of achievement

Swarthy the woode

Housing our domain

Home we quoth

and water cast

Andante made an observation about the building material of the house, saying the wood is dark in hue (swarthy). He announced that the Alicorn house is his home and solidified it with a name-fastening ceremony much like a christian baptism.

This manor we claim

Under primogeniture

Yet late we find

kin unknown

Andante was the first to be sorted into the alicorn house and doesn't realize there were more sorted to the same house, therefore he thinks himself analogous to the first-born of the house, and as a result invokes the rights that come with being the first born.

Wary and watchful

always we enter

Ears Open and eyes cast

For halls where strangers met

Andante is on his toes monitoring you and the area in case he must fend for his life, because you are in the house which he calls home and does not know that you call Alicorn by the same name.

Gifts we bare

and names we bid

As heir and son

of manors reclaimed.

He has gifts for you, seeing as you are a stranger, and later referred to as a guest. He is about to share his name and adds on the title of heir and son of the Alicorn house.

Andante Capriccio

Born by Canterlot hight

Composer for Cadence

And Shining Armor too

Name, City of Birth, Occupation, Employers.

Warmly we welcome

The wayfaring guest

Hailing the giver

For hearths you seek.

He is announcing you are welcome in his house, and offers you a spot by the hearth (fire place, dinner table, or somewhere in the home in general).

Hark the Harbinger

heralding fortune

Name we request

With title too.

Andante is asking you to listen to him as he asks for your name and position (job, socio-economic status, Mrs./Ms, etc.) while calling himself a bearer of good tides.

Edited by SugarfootWillie
  • Brohoof 3

@@SugarfootWillie,

Well just so you know, I'm not going to be able to respond to posts I don't understand if you talk like that on a permanent sorta basis, i'll read the break down now :D

Okay read it, you  didn't read what I wrote previously, my OC is in her own room, lying on the bed, not interacting with anyone at the moment..   :confused:  

Yeh... uh right in all honesty my OC, and me for that matter  :lie: , wouldn't have a clue what your OC will be saying and I really would 'preciate it if you didn't move my OC from one place to another just so you can talk to her. It said she came into the house / hall or w/e you want to call it, found an empty room, and led down on it exhausted. If it continues on happening or you post in ways I can't understand then I simply can't respond to you for obvious reasons x)  

Edited by Jestwinged
  • Brohoof 1

@,

You said "Ratchet slung her bag under one of the beds in the best looking room she could find. . ."

This led me to believe that she was in a double room as opposed to a single, opening the door for the interaction I attempted to initiate.

In the same sentence you said she is half-asleep, leaving her in a position to conduct in discourse.

Your character is very much susceptible to the scenario I established. 

I didn't move anybody, I took advantage of what I now understand as a lack of conciseness (I was further ambiguous though, no shade), and I will make an effort to write more clearly however the style is permanent as it reflects the nature of Andante.

I'll make sure to post cliffnotes in the OOC whenever I post in the RP.

If it helps at all the link to Andante is in my signature, from there underneath 'Other' you can find all of the resources I used to create him.

@@SugarfootWillie,

I may have misunderstood what you were saying, but again thats a large part in due to having no idea what you are saying, taking part in what I can assume is modern day equestrian, not many OC's would be talking that way.

I will respond if I can to the way your OC talks, and I'm happy to be in the same room with him if that is what you're getting at 

Edited by Jestwinged
  • Brohoof 1

Alicorn.

Adante. @@SugarfootWillie,

Ratchet @,

Flimp "the pegasus" @@Flinp,

Changling,

Flearia @,

Midnight. @@MidnightMadness1,

Travelture@@reader8363,

Crystal.

Crystal@, .

Ginger@@GingerLightning, .

Summer. @@Summer Breeze,

Hacktune@@HackTune, .

Flamestreak. @,

Did I forget anyone? wrong oc? if so Sorry :/ bit hard to se all.

It appears to be everyone

Edited by Gearhart
  • Brohoof 1

Post #114 cliff notes

In silence possessions gather

Atop the vessel of imagination.  (1)

In silence further possessions lay

In accordance to our design.  (2)

Paintings hang over head

Greeting eyes none too softly.

Formal and earnest, they ask

Their audience to follow suite

The code of conduct

So graciously displayed in their mien.  (3)

Beyond the portal housing slumber  (4)

We venture to hearths holding

Fluid and ferocious elements.  (5)

Here we place our soul,

Who’s tongue universally grabs

And connects spirits abroad.  (6)

Here we place our Virgin Veiled,  (7)

Whose serenity too guides

The guests of Alicorn.

Here too we place ourselves,

And under Her Ladies gaze

We iterate the feelings of

Our abode newly established. (8)

(1), (2) Andante unpacks his possessions and decorates the room.

(3) The mien of the decorations is meant to create an aire within the room that allows those who enter to behave themselves in an appropriate manner.

(4) the portal housing slumber is the doorway to the bedroom.

(5) fireplace and the element fire.

(6) a piano

(7) A sculpture by Giovanni Strazza, sitting above the fireplace, listed last in the spoilers.

(8) Andante begins to play the piano.

The artwork put up is listed below, with the bust listed last:

sig-4378816.iXWsfq3.jpg

sig-4378816.1079517__safe_solo_smiling_m

sig-4378816.thumb-1327378320588-img_5288

To be real @, in every RP I've joined multiple people have had difficulty understanding Andante. This may be because the format is avant garde, I'm a terrible writer, or the reader does not understand english well. I don't know which one it is so criticism is most welcomed.

• Brohoof 1

@@SugarfootWillie,

I am British, my English is as good as it gets, so its your writing.  I have never seen anyone type in that sort of style and personally I think it's out of place in a pretty straight forward RP, the writing style makes no sense, it is structured terribly with next to no grammar. 

Don't even think to start putting the blame on my English or I will ignore you totally. 

Edited by Jestwinged

@@SugarfootWillie

No mate I don't want to PM you. I just want to relax, have some fun with the RP, I write in normal understandable styles, if you don't want to thats fine, but I can't reply to things I can't understand and that is just the truth.  

I know you are not insulting me but it's very condescending that because some people can't understand your ''avante garde'' might have poor English.

Edited by Jestwinged

@,

I hate to annoy you, and am profoundly weary asking this, but I threw out my last post and replaced it with a new one. Is this any better? Can you create a scene based off of what I have laid before us all? If no, what errors do you see? may you be constructively critical?

• Brohoof 1