Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you feel if they changed all the Mane 6's hairstyles?

CandyStrike

I don't mind them mixing it up every now and then for the sake of a story, but each character's mane style is a part of their personality, from Applejack's no-nonsense simple ponytail, Rarity's elaborate coif and the fringe that Fluttershy so often hides behind.

The character's have a long established look that makes them immediately recognisable, If they suddenly started to change that established look six seasons in it would seem a little odd.

It wouldn't stop the Earth from rotating by any means, but on this particular aspect I'd go with the old adage of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

It would be culture shock for a while, but not something I would be totally against if handled right. Firstly, they shouldn't have all of the mane 6 have their styles be completely different at once and out of nowhere. Do it perhaps one character at a time over the course of several episodes and provide reasons why maybe. Also, make the new styles good, of course. No Flutter-Mohawk.

• 3 months later...

Eh, think I could get used to it. It might take some while, but I can see how it wouldn't affect them too much. Its just their hairstyles, I can accept change.

*Annoying Inception Sound Effect*

Eep! That would mean we'd lose Pinkie's irresistibly, bouncy, fluff of a mane! EEEEE! :blink: 

:=: BURN THE WITCHES!!