Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCAN - 2016 Discussion

FullMetalParagon

So, little bit of listening for you all so we can be on the same discussion page.

I'm seriously curious as to who might be going, what they might expect, and if anyone else here from the forum is doing a panel there. (I am, so that's the reason I'm asking.)

• Brohoof 1

I'll be there! I've been to every BronyCAN and it has been an awesome experience every time with great staff and lots of fun things to do.

@@FullMetalParagon, what will your panel be about? :)

is flying in for the con as well and we're thinking of running a panel either about Poniverse, the technical work that goes into building and running pony fan sites, or both. A few other Poniverse staff are thinking of going, too.

It would be cool to have some kind of Poniverse meetup there. At BronyCAN 2013, something like 20-25 MLPF users took over the nearby Boston Pizza. :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Feld0 My panel is about Evolution of Character. My ORIGINAL PLAN was to do 8 characters, but I realized I wouldn't have the time for it if I put the work I normally do into the video portion of the panel.

I'll be there! I've been to every BronyCAN and it has been an awesome experience every time with great staff and lots of fun things to do.

@@FullMetalParagon, what will your panel be about? :)

is flying in for the con as well and we're thinking of running a panel either about Poniverse, the technical work that goes into building and running pony fan sites, or both. A few other Poniverse staff are thinking of going, too.

It would be cool to have some kind of Poniverse meetup there. At BronyCAN 2013, something like 20-25 MLPF users took over the nearby Boston Pizza. :D

Huh. That last part sounds pretty cool.

Anyways, I still have no idea how you did the thing with my name.

Edited by FullMetalParagon

I was there for that! :D Hard to believe that it's been three years already...

I'd totally love to do something like that again. I think I will actually go this year for the whole thing. Might bring one of my brothers along with me who is also a brony. Should be fun. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I can tell you for a fact that the PABS is going. I doubt anyone on the forums has heard of them yet but they're a new pre-FoE animation studio that is doing a panel.

I'm actually preparing some of the content that they're going to speak about  :love:

I can tell you for a fact that the PABS is going. I doubt anyone on the forums has heard of them yet but they're a new pre-FoE animation studio that is doing a panel.

I'm actually preparing some of the content that they're going to speak about  :love:

Cool beans, mate. It'll be good to see ya there!

It'll be nice to see PABS there. I've gotten a response from the BronyCAN guys (They're cool people.) I'm on the first day as far as I know.

We could have a big get-together at the con, if you guys are particularly interested.

Cool beans, mate. It'll be good to see ya there!

It'll be nice to see PABS there. I've gotten a response from the BronyCAN guys (They're cool people.) I'm on the first day as far as I know.

We could have a big get-together at the con, if you guys are particularly interested.

I'm not one of the three actually going ;-;

And I think most of the time will be spent by them trying to stop Joy from buying loads of stuff.

I'm not one of the three actually going ;-;

And I think most of the time will be spent by them trying to stop Joy from buying loads of stuff.

Ah, you'll need some help with that, then, eh? Trust me, I had more self-control (Limited money, but yeah), but this year, I've got a good job and whatnot, and I'll actually be able to afford some good stuff. Unfortunately, I have to be careful or else I'll overextend myself

• 4 weeks later...

You know, I love my Home con of Everfree Northwest in Seattle
and they have me as a community guest and stuff
but you know afterwords I feel I want to totally go up north to Canada :)
I have some friends going
so yeah I think this year will be my first BronyCan Experince c: I look forward to it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm already pre-registered; it's in the same hotel as VancouFur this year, which I'm going to this very weekend.

...oh, and my coworker is apparently (one of?) the webmaster(s) for the BronyCAN site this year, so, I uh... guess I kind of have to go, don't I? ;)

One idea I actually am just coming up with now potentially for a panel (and I've never put on a panel before! D:)... 'A Brief History of MU*s, and where they fit with MLP'?  I'll need to do some more research on specifically MLP:FiM places; all I know of is https://wiki.equestriandawn.com/Main_Page - somewhere I've been for a number of years, but I've been on Furry and Sonic the Hedgehog-themed MUCKs before - SPR, FluffMUCK, FurryMUCK... and the now-defunct ChaosMUCK, where for a brief time I helped out on staff as 'Co-God' / #2.  Even did some horrible MUF programming ('2 2 +' ... 'pop swap pop pop pop...')

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about, think something a little more structured than IRC, and typically used for freeform, realtime roleplaying where a small group of 2-6(ish) players can bang out a scene in a couple hours, as opposed to a forum RP that can take days or weeks.

What do you guys think - sound interesting? ^.^

Hey, if you wanted someone else, I could join ya for it. (TheFullCrumb)

I'd love people attending who are interested!  Still waiting on review and approval, of course, but here's what I submitted as a draft conbook entry:

"Roleplaying in Realtime - An Introduction to MU*s"For fans of roleplaying and creative writing - learn how to connect to and use some of the still-popular descendents of MUDs, where combat gaming is eschewed in favour of creating rich tapestries of stories, interwoven between roleplayers from around the globe, via realtime chat.We will go over some of the basics of creating your own character, rooms, and objects, including writing descriptions and linking together a small home that could be put 'on-grid', along with typical roleplaying customs and acronyms and some of their history.There will be a particular focus on MLP:FiM MUSHes, with a touch on closely-related Furry MUCKs as a comparison.

I'd love people attending who are interested!  Still waiting on review and approval, of course, but here's what I submitted as a draft conbook entry:

Well, according to the guy, I was one of the early submitters for panels, so I got in, It's going to be a nightmare for me as a first-time panelist, but if it works out, I hope to make doing panels at BronyCAN a yearly thing.

It'll definitely allow me to get more in touch with the brony community, as I've started losing touch with the community that started helping me become a better person than i used to be (Read: depressed loner who tried to escape life in video games).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am coming from Abbotsford, this year.  I will have to figure a way to get there.

I haven't got my weekend pass, though.

I will be doing a panel, which follows up my BRONIES AGAINST BULLYING.

This time, I will kick it up a notch by doing something different.

Ah, so YOU'RE the person who did Bronies Against Bullying. Wish I'd been at that one (Got wrapped up in Ponyfinder playing an evil chicken-sized robot).

Honestly, your best bet is to take the bus there (Greyhound, not Translink. From Abb to Rich? Bad idea.)