Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you say Princess Celestia's mane feels like? ·

Bendy

What would you say Princess Celestia's mane feels like?

You give the big beautiful horse a pet. What do you think your hand running through her hair would feel like?

Edited by Bendy

I would say it has no texture and you can't touch it because it is made of light. That's why both luna and celestia both have the longest manes and they can float.

• Brohoof 1

I guess it would feel like mist...? Or... a stream of warm air? I'm not sure...

My headcanon is that Celestia's mane represents an aurora and somehow it's not a 100% physical thing.  :please:

• Brohoof 1

I'd think it'd feel a little bit strange---probably it'd be plain hair, albeit well-taken-care-of hair.  But the fact that it moves on its own would mean your fingers would constantly have it brushing past them.

Then again, that's clearly magic that's making her mane do that, and there's no telling what effect magic would have on your hand---or what effect your hand would have on magic; there's no telling what happens when a universe that has magic as part of its laws of physics interacts with a universe that doesn't!

• Brohoof 1

I imagine it'd feel like... energy. Warm, gentle energy, like a sunbeam, only you can just barely feel it flowing, like a small breeze.

And in turn Luna's would have be cooler, but the energy would feel just a tiny bit thicker than Celestia's, and you could barely feel it move, like a steam with a really light current.

It would give you a massive electric shock and then make your hand go numb for a few days.

Why would this be a thing? I'd expect that more from luna than celestia

I'd be more worried about Luna's mane, there are freaking star systems in it.... who knows maybe we all exist inside of it XD

Perhaps she just needs to wash her hair X3

My guess would be that it's just normal hair/fur that's just been magically influenced due to the amount of power she has, so it would probably feel either the same as, or softer, than a normal one

Maybe soft and smooth yet mysterious and, well, magical? Her mane always seems to cover one side of her face anyways, so I wonder how it would feel on her covered eye.

Pipsqueak pulled on Luna's mane, and her mane stretched like plastic wrap.