Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N.I.T.R.O.

Hello everypony!  :lol:

I made a theme song of Midnight Sparkle!!!

It is a weird theme song, but i hope you guys like it!  

The music has different moods because it shows the theme's of the event of the scene of EG Midnight sparkle . ( From start to end) 

I don't know if this is supposed to be in the non-pony artwork topic list because there are no MLP related vocals in it. 

On the other hand, it has the scene in audio.

I like to get some feedback. :ph34r:  

Thanks in advance!!!! :)

Greetings from me, Dashner! ( Triple Shock)

The link to the song:

https://soundcloud.com/tripleshock/midnight-sparkle-theme

Ok. 

Unfortunately, it sounds almost nowhere close to Midnight Sparkle. That 120bpm percussion drive is doing you in. If you want to go for electronic, you'd either have to go speed trap at about 160bpm or dubstep at about 75bpm to the quarter beat. 

Also, you really don't have a solid chord progression. Your piece is going all over the place. You need to establish that foundation by implementing some chord progression in a minor key. A minor, Bb minor or even Ab minor would work.

You also need to focus on one aspect of Midnight Sparkle herself. The thing you did was try to stuff everything in it. If you wanted to do that, you would have to have tempo changes and key changes. However, your tempo remained the same and as I said before, that percussive drive just really turns this song into a dance song, not really an evil theme.

Your leads need work. Some dark sawtooths, squares and even triangle waves would work. Better yet, run your sawtooths in a reverse swell filter that starts them at a low volume and low filter frequency. Sweep them out and them cut as soon as they hit max volume on the sample. This will bring some of that evil thing out. Also, add some voices running on "ah"s to give it that terrifying bright villainy edge to it.

For chords, I suggest running some of these:

i-III-IV-V

i-VII-VI-V

iv-i-iv-V

VI-iv-i-V 

To learn more about building chords and progressions, you can visit this thread here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/136619-chords-progressions-modulations-a-guide-to-composing-music/

All in all, this piece could use a complete overhaul. I suggest learning how to maximize your use of genre over specific themes, such as villains. This way, you can create effective music that will captivate your audience. 

• Brohoof 1

Ok. 

Unfortunately, it sounds almost nowhere close to Midnight Sparkle. That 120bpm percussion drive is doing you in. If you want to go for electronic, you'd either have to go speed trap at about 160bpm or dubstep at about 75bpm to the quarter beat. 

Also, you really don't have a solid chord progression. Your piece is going all over the place. You need to establish that foundation by implementing some chord progression in a minor key. A minor, Bb minor or even Ab minor would work.

You also need to focus on one aspect of Midnight Sparkle herself. The thing you did was try to stuff everything in it. If you wanted to do that, you would have to have tempo changes and key changes. However, your tempo remained the same and as I said before, that percussive drive just really turns this song into a dance song, not really an evil theme.

Your leads need work. Some dark sawtooths, squares and even triangle waves would work. Better yet, run your sawtooths in a reverse swell filter that starts them at a low volume and low filter frequency. Sweep them out and them cut as soon as they hit max volume on the sample. This will bring some of that evil thing out. Also, add some voices running on "ah"s to give it that terrifying bright villainy edge to it.

For chords, I suggest running some of these:

i-III-IV-V

i-VII-VI-V

iv-i-iv-V

VI-iv-i-V 

To learn more about building chords and progressions, you can visit this thread here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/136619-chords-progressions-modulations-a-guide-to-composing-music/

All in all, this piece could use a complete overhaul. I suggest learning how to maximize your use of genre over specific themes, such as villains. This way, you can create effective music that will captivate your audience. 

Thanks for the advice. :) greetings Dashner

(edited)

No prob, is there anything you need help to understand?

At the moment not. :)   I must discover my new software. It can so much. ( i use Logic pro X). I will try to master the controls from my software and fine tune it as much as i can. But I must say. I understand that it sounds like a mess. when i start the project, i had a whole other theme in mind but without thinking i make it a whole other topic ( It was meant to be a orginal Rainbow factory song, The synth after the drop was meant to look like a machine) And as second, it was meant to be like a movie background music.  :blink:

Can I ask you something?

A other song that i have made with another guy is maybe (just maybe) better.

Can you have a look on that too?

Thanks!  greetings from me, Dashner ( sorry if i wirte bad Englisch,) :adorkable:

The link to the other song:https://soundcloud.com/tripleshock/neon-brothers-neon-booting

Edited by Dashner

Note, this song  was more meant to get an idea of what we can make, so this one  is really random.

The thing with random songs is, they don't have a focused idea. You need to make sure a theme is present in a song. It cannot be jumbled around. Randomness is a big turn-off in the modern music era, except in classical, where composers go as far as having no tempo or time signature at all. 

• Brohoof 1