Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Breakcore] fractilx - Inspection Fashion

KBz

Hey there once again. I made another track. So, I really hope you like some breaks! Sorry it's short though, I didn't know what to do after that point though haha

Ok. 

It's a decent listen...

Perhaps the biggest thing that's putting a damper on this piece is your use of chords. You limited yourself to the i and the IV7, knowing this piece is in the key of g minor. I suggest you create a steady four-chord progression that could really expand your song out. 

Here are some suggestions

i-iv-VI-V

i-III-iv-V

VI-iv-i-V

iv-VI-III-VII

i-VII-VI-V

To learn about these symbols and basic chord development, you can check this thread here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/136619-chords-progressions-modulations-a-guide-to-composing-music/

In terms of your percussion, it was scattered and sort of overpowered the main voice. I know this is breakcore and breakcore is supposed to have scattered percussion, but you must make sure you insert that scattered percussion at the right time. 

Also, where are your plucked leads? All I heard were warm pads and voice pads. Would've been nice to have some arpeggiating plucked leads and some sliding sawtooths. Make sure the sawtooths aren't too sharp though. 

I like the xylophone on the intro though. 

All in all, it's a pretty good start, but it could use a lot of work if you want to unlock the full potential of this piece. Remember, I'm always here if you need something to be cleared up. 

No prob! Was there anything you didn't understand?

None whatsoever at the moment. I will fix it up soon, if i ever try to go for an extended version.