Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"It looks/looked better in my mind" situations

SUPERFOX5

Does anyone ever come up with cool ideas, but think about others having a totally different opinion on your thing?

An example would be like a PMV or other kind of video you made.

I feel like this all the time and wonder if people would disagree with me on specific things.

• Brohoof 1

That's something that literally happens to everyone.

We always fantasize about doing something perfectly, but as you might already know nopony is.

And that's just why we think that what we thought could be really good ends up being normal when done. The thing is you need to improve that and try to make it look like as accurate as what you thought of ^^

It's very difficult to get other people to understand exactly the kind of work you do, what it means to you, and how much energy and spirit you put into something, so all you can do without driving yourself crazy or feeling inadequate is to have faith in your own artistic vision and trust that what you want to say is something important to you.

Consider creative projects as things that benefit your vision first and that make you happy; people will sense that self-confidence and appreciate it. Who knows, maybe they're struggling with the same thing too.

Edited by On-Locoweed

• 3 years later...

We all have idealized versions of what we want to make in our heads. Whether we have the skill, talent or patience at the time to make that a reality is another matter. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I was commenting on how my car sounded without the muffler to my dad one time and I compared it to “A penguin gargling salt water”. I have absolutely no idea how I came up with that :sealed: The more I said it out loud, the dumber it sounded.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I usually try to look at my creations from multiple perspectives before showing it to others. That way, I might understand what others might think.

If my idea is fully visualized, then that doesn't mean anything unless others also have my same view on things (which is obviously not going to happen)

• Brohoof 2

I’m a honest person. So I often have moments when I wanted to say something from my mind, It tends to comes out wrong or offensive. Unless I really meant it.

• 1 year later...