Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash in Major League Baseball

Luigi

Weird topic, I know, but I've already seen some people do the same thing with the NFL and NBA.

So let's just get right to it. What Major League Baseball team would EG Rainbow Dash play for, and what position?

She's competitive, cocky, and athletic, yet shes likable enough about it that you don't hate her for it like you would someone who was just a jerk. She always plays to win, but with scrupulous sportsmanship and an understanding that in the end, fun is fun. So I'd say, from each division:

Red Sox

Royals

Astros

Nationals

Reds

Rockies

Definitely not the Yankees, Cardinals, or Braves. Some teams are just humorless and unlikable. 

• Brohoof 1

She's competitive, cocky, and athletic, yet shes likable enough about it that you don't hate her for it like you would someone who was just a jerk. She always plays to win, but with scrupulous sportsmanship and an understanding that in the end, fun is fun. So I'd say, from each division:

Red Sox

Royals

Astros

Nationals

Reds

Rockies

Definitely not the Yankees, Cardinals, or Braves. Some teams are just humorless and unlikable.

Now that I think about it, I can definitely see how the Colorado Rockies would work for Rainbow Dash since they call Colorado the "Color State" or whatever, as for the Nationals, well, she IS the Element of Loyalty, so that could work too.

Not sure about the Royals though. Not because I'm a Twins fan, but because I think that's more of Twilight Sparkle's forte.

Astros I was a bit confused about at first, but then I remembered how they DEMOLISHED the Yankees in the Wildcard game a few months ago. Reds and Red Sox I'm a bit confused about though. I always imagined Rarity as a Red Sox fan because of her accent.

As for the team's you said not, I agree. The Yankees have enough championships already, not to mention they still got Alex Fraudriguez on their team. Cardinals I also agree on, people LOATHE the Cardinals, but they got even more haters where I go to college for some reason. As for the Braves, I don't see very much hate on them, but my hometown Twins DID beat them in 1991, but that was before my time.

I wanted to pick one team from every division, so I had to decide what team best emphasized enjoying the sport over winning at any cost. The Red Sox, especially the last 20 years or so, have generally been great at team chemistry (leaving aside the disastrous year of Bobby Valentine). The 2003-2009 teams especially were like that. They were always having fun. There were no Yankee-esque facial hair codes, no one wore suits off the field, guys were just relaxed all the time, and it let them play baseball very well. Not being uptight will do that to you. Plus, the Sox were the best option simply because none of the other AL East teams really embody any of RD's qualities. The Yankees are stolid, boring, and too focused on winning and money to be friends. The Rays are too new to have a solid team history. The Blue Jays are cocky (and rightfully so) but without being likable about it. And the Orioles' manager is just a jerk.

As for the Royals, they have the Rainbow Dash-like ability to win in interesting ways without losing the core sportsmanship. They also emphasize speed over power in their gameplay, and we all know who that sounds like!

The Reds were harder, but I had little choice. The Cardinals are basically the Yankees of the NL. The Brewers have very little integrity in team leadership. Their biggest player and clubhouse leader is Ryan Braun, and he is an unapologetic rule-breaker who has already been suspended. The Pirates would have been a good choice, but they have been the underdog for a long time, and while RD has been the underdog in her attempts to be a Wonderbolt, otherwise she is very capable, so I didn't think she'd fit. And finally, there are the Cubs, and the Cubs are basically the embodiment of institutional failure at every level. The Reds don't heavily represent any particular facet of RD's personality, but they have enough small amounts of each to be a respectable choice, given the alternatives. 

Seriously, who wants to be the Cubs? Even the Cubs don't want to be the Cubs. 

• 2 weeks later...

Weird topic, I know, but I've already seen some people do the same thing with the NFL and NBA.

So let's just get right to it. What Major League Baseball team would EG Rainbow Dash play for, and what position?

She is more awesome when she joins the Cincinnati Reds.

Hi, as this thread is about the human world Rainbow Dash, it has been moved to the Equestria Girls forum.

No problem, man. I kinda needed an excuse to go into the EG boards anyway.

No problem, man. I kinda needed an excuse to go into the EG boards anyway.

Cool. Well, now all the Rainbow Dash sports theme threads should be here, assuming I haven't missed any. Apparently more than one user has been making these so it's clearly a trending topic.

Cool. Well, now all the Rainbow Dash sports theme threads should be here, assuming I haven't missed any. Apparently more than one user has been making these so it's clearly a trending topic.

I think there was one more about the NFL. No ones been there in a while though.

I think there was one more about the NFL. No ones been there in a while though.

Well, thanks to my posts all these threads have been pushed to the top again, so it might get more attention for now.

Now that I think about it, I can definitely see how the Colorado Rockies would work for Rainbow Dash since they call Colorado the "Color State" or whatever, as for the Nationals, well, she IS the Element of Loyalty, so that could work too.

Not sure about the Royals though. Not because I'm a Twins fan, but because I think that's more of Twilight Sparkle's forte.

Astros I was a bit confused about at first, but then I remembered how they DEMOLISHED the Yankees in the Wildcard game a few months ago. Reds and Red Sox I'm a bit confused about though. I always imagined Rarity as a Red Sox fan because of her accent.

As for the team's you said not, I agree. The Yankees have enough championships already, not to mention they still got Alex Fraudriguez on their team. Cardinals I also agree on, people LOATHE the Cardinals, but they got even more haters where I go to college for some reason. As for the Braves, I don't see very much hate on them, but my hometown Twins DID beat them in 1991, but that was before my time.

Uhm i wouldnt say losing 3-0 is being "demolished"

Red Sox

Royals

Astros

Nationals

Reds

Rockies

I think your hate for the yankees may be blinding you a lil bit. Sure the yankees dont allow ridiculous facial hair but so what? The yankees have their own way of team chemistry.

I would say that she would love to play for the yankees and cardinals because of their history and tradition of winning. Plus she loves being in the spotlight. What better way than to be the best player in the most storied franchise in baseball? The yankees

Red Sox

Royals

Astros

Nationals

Reds

Rockies

Reds are going to need her in Cincinnati, I hate the St. Louis Cardinals

Uhm i wouldnt say losing 3-0 is being "demolished"

I think your hate for the yankees may be blinding you a lil bit. Sure the yankees dont allow ridiculous facial hair but so what? The yankees have their own way of team chemistry.

I would say that she would love to play for the yankees and cardinals because of their history and tradition of winning. Plus she loves being in the spotlight. What better way than to be the best player in the most storied franchise in baseball? The yankees

I disagree. People LOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAATHE the Cardinals AND the Yankees.

Anyway, I'm surprised I haven't shared my opinions about this yet.

For the AL East, I might see her playing for the Boston Red Sox because people always cheer for the Red Sox to beat the Yankees every time they face off against each other.

AL Central, probably the Detroit Tigers since they have the most World Series experience in that division. I would say the Twins, but that's hometown bias.

As for the AL West, that's a tough one. People hate the Oakland Athletics ballpark with a burning passion, the Mariners have been on a losing streak for years, and the Angels have doing quite average, so that leaves it up to either the Houston Astros or the Texas Rangers. Despite the Astros performance in the Wildcard game, I eventually decided the Rangers would be the best choice. They got some pretty famous names right now, and they do have more World Series experience than the Astros.

NL East would be the New York Mets. They've had a pretty good season in 2015, not to mention they've recently got another hall of famer Mike Piazza.

NL Central, Im starting to agree with the guy who keeps saying Cincinnati Reds. The Reds have a lot of interesting history behind them, especially since they got another hall of famer as well, Ken Griffey Junior.

NL West, probably the San Francisco Giants considering how they just came back from that World Series drought in 2010.

Edited by Little Flyer

For the AL East, I might see her playing for the Boston Red Sox because people always cheer for the Red Sox to beat the Yankees every time they face off against each other.

AL Central, probably the Detroit Tigers since they have the most World Series experience in that division. I would say the Twins, but that's hometown bias.

As for the AL West, that's a tough one. People hate the Oakland Athletics ballpark with a burning passion, the Mariners have been on a losing streak for years, and the Angels have doing quite average, so that leaves it up to either the Houston Astros or the Texas Rangers. Despite the Astros performance in the Wildcard game, I eventually decided the Rangers would be the best choice. They got some pretty famous names right now, and they do have more World Series experience than the Astros.

NL East would be the New York Mets. They've had a pretty good season in 2015, not to mention they've recently got another hall of famer Mike Piazza.

NL Central, Im starting to agree with the guy who keeps saying Cincinnati Reds. The Reds have a lot of interesting history behind them, especially since they got another hall of famer as well, Ken Griffey Junior.

NL West, probably the San Francisco Giants considering how they just came back from that World Series drought in 2010.

Hmm nah i would disagree

I just dont see her going to the red sox

And the red sox are just as loathed as the yankees actually. Since the red sox started winning

And people outside of new york and boston dont care about the yanks/sox so they wouldnt root for the red sox..sure in 2004 and earlier yeah

Rd would join the yanks because the yankees is the most famous and recognizable team

She would bask in the stardom and tradition with all the glory

I'm the guy who keeps saying Cincinnati Reds, you know I'm a Diehard Reds Fan.

Hmm nah i would disagree

I just dont see her going to the red sox

And the red sox are just as loathed as the yankees actually. Since the red sox started winning

And people outside of new york and boston dont care about the yanks/sox so they wouldnt root for the red sox..sure in 2004 and earlier yeah

Rd would join the yanks because the yankees is the most famous and recognizable team

She would bask in the stardom and tradition with all the glory

I disagree with you on that one. I rather see Rainbow Dash go to Cincinnati, Ohio and play for the Cincinnati Reds, Been hungry for a long while and I want that World Series Trophy and I'm not going to stop until I get it

I disagree with you on that one. I rather see Rainbow Dash go to Cincinnati, Ohio and play for the Cincinnati Reds, Been hungry for a long while and I want that World Series Trophy and I'm not going to stop until I get it

If I remember correctly, you guys last won in 1990.

If I remember correctly, you guys last won in 1990.

Yes and since then Reds became a Laughing Stock from 1991 through 1994. Since the last Playoff Series Win which is 1995, Reds became a laughing stock from 1996 through 2009. Became Laughing Stock in 2011 Season after getting swept out of 2010 Playoffs. After making the playoffs in 2012 and 2013 went 2-4 and not advancing. Became the Laughing Stock the last 2 Seasons not only in MLB also in MLB Postseason and Laughing Stock in World Series. Losing Bernie Stowe is tough. I need Rainbow Dash on the Cincinnati Reds Squad.

The reds are good haha i have no problem with the reds but i still think that she would pick a team that has spotlight potential

So i think she would pick Yankees, Dodgers or whoever is winning..which at the moment is the giants

Yes and since then Reds became a Laughing Stock from 1991 through 1994. Since the last Playoff Series Win which is 1995, Reds became a laughing stock from 1996 through 2009. Became Laughing Stock in 2011 Season after getting swept out of 2010 Playoffs. After making the playoffs in 2012 and 2013 went 2-4 and not advancing. Became the Laughing Stock the last 2 Seasons not only in MLB also in MLB Postseason and Laughing Stock in World Series. Losing Bernie Stowe is tough. I need Rainbow Dash on the Cincinnati Reds Squad.

What you think about chapman?

Dodgers! Not for any reason other than that I'm a Dodgers fan. With Kershaw pitching and her on one of the bases, their defense would be 20% cooler (sorry, I had to). 

(now only if they could get a decent manager, they might start winning again)

Edited by El Duderino

The reds are good haha i have no problem with the reds but i still think that she would pick a team that has spotlight potential

So i think she would pick Yankees, Dodgers or whoever is winning..which at the moment is the giants

What you think about chapman?

Yeah and have you seen whose Currently a Laughing Stock right now? Reds are one of those teams that spent the past 2 Seasons in the MLB being the Laughing Stock and one Manager I'm Blaming is Brian Price. He needs to get out of Cincinnati and take Managing School.

Dodgers! Not for any reason other than that I'm a Dodgers fan. With Kershaw pitching and her on one of the bases, their defense would be 20% cooler (sorry, I had to). 

(now only if they could get a decent manager, they might start winning again)

Hey now, you guys have been winning while my team the Cincinnati Reds had been the Laughing Stock in the MLB

• Brohoof 1

Yeah and have you seen whose Currently a Laughing Stock right now? Reds are one of those teams that spent the past 2 Seasons in the MLB being the Laughing Stock and one Manager I'm Blaming is Brian Price. He needs to get out of Cincinnati and take Managing School.

Hey now, you guys have been winning while my team the Cincinnati Reds had been the Laughing Stock in the MLB

Yea, we've been doing OK, but that's because we've got some darn good players. Mattingly was a terrible manager. Hopefully Roberts will do a better job. 

HAHA I guess it may just be that Dodgers fans have really high expectations, given their history as a team. I don't think we will ever be satisfied. 

Edited by El Duderino

Yea, we've been doing OK, but that's because we've got some darn good players. Mattingly was a terrible manager. Hopefully Roberts will do a better job. 

HAHA I guess it may just be that Dodgers fans have really high expectations, given their history as a team. I don't think we will ever be satisfied. 

Mattingly was a Terrible Manager? Brian Price is the Worst Manager then Mattingly, I mean how can you lead the Oldest Team in MLB to 2 Straight losing Records after 2 Straight Playoff Appearance by Dusty Baker. Brian Price Made the Cincinnati Reds and their Fanbase like me as a Reds Fan a Laughing Stock. That's why I want a World Series Title and since your last Title, you've been what the laughing stock of the World Series? Reds been the laughing stock for the past 2 Seasons in the MLB. Every Team is laughing at the Reds.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say the Dodgers got it worse. They haven't been in a World Series since 1988.