Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you post pics of yourselves online?

ManaMinori

• 1 month later...

No. I don't really plan nor do I want to post my face in front of a bunch of anonymous people.
If it's some friend of mine on Discord that I really trust, then I'll try to send them a selfie when I'm ready. I'm pretty ugly anyways.

Edited by Tylad

I have pics of myself on Facebook and such, but I don't think I've ever posted a pic of myself publicly under my internet name. The only exception would be one of my Youtube videos, where I show my face briefly, but I took it down a while back for other reasons.

I have one posted on my LinkedIn and another public one which hides my eyes, but that's it.

If you asked me why a few years ago, I'd say "because privacy", but Google, Facebook and Amazon know damn well what I look like; they're not fooling anyone. I guess now, it's more a matter of personal preference. I'd rather people just know me by my username and maybe my avatar. There's no need to reveal my entire hand unless I got into cosplay or something. 

Edited by Celtore
Bah, grammar

I very rarely post pictures of myself online, think I posted a picture in a thread here once. I'm generally pretty protective of sharing personal information online though and won't use my real name online either, just my username. Back when I first started using the internet that was normal practice and I still stick to it.

Rarely. I had once or twice before, but it eventually gets to me and I delete them later.

On the occassion. I think there's still one or two pics of me floating around here somewhere. Not in any recent capacity, though.

• 4 months later...

I do every so often, sure. Only place I do post them though is either here on the forums or my social medias, like Facebook and Instagram. 

I did post one picture of myself on Everypony, though. :dash:

I'm not really allowed to post pics of myself because of a rule involving my job. I used to bend that rule on rare occasions but I follow it a lot more strictly these days. I've never posted my pic here on the open forums, and there are only two people here who have seen my picture or met me in person. It's likely to stay that way.

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 1

Rarely, even though I don't consider myself as a private person, I just think that the internet doesn't to know that much about me. :P I don't hide a lot when it comes to personal information (which I honestly should :lie:), but my face is one of the things that is best to not be exposed to all that has access to the Internet. :please: My face may be found on places like my friends' Facebook accounts or some of my very old YouTube video. But for updated pictures of myself, I don't think there are any public ones on the internet (that I know of :sealed:) other than being synced onto my private accounts for storage purposes.

• Brohoof 1

I never posted any pictures of myself online. I haven't taken testosterone yet, since I'm Transgender and don't feel confident enough to take a photo. I look too feminine and want to avoid being called a girl. :sealed:

I have not, do not, and will not, unless it is absolutely necessary one day. Simply put, it is not anyone's business, nor is it information I want readily available to any bidder.

• Brohoof 2