Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you fall asleep whilst doing something else?

Member Berry

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Considering I fell asleep while driving a couple times....yes. :sealed:

Omg so I’m talking to ghost Lucky now?

if you fell asleep while driving in a city, well you’re most likely dead

3 minutes ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Omg so I’m talking to ghost Lucky now?

if you fell asleep while driving in a city, well you’re most likely dead

Nope it was in the Chattanooga mountains in Tennessee at like midnight. :awwthanks: My hotel room was a half hour away so I was just trying to push it best I could. 

And yeah I wrecked and flipped the car multiple times and died so this is spirit Lucky you are talking to. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Nope it was in the Chattanooga mountains in Tennessee at like midnight. :awwthanks: My hotel room was a half hour away so I was just trying to push it best I could. 

And yeah I wrecked and flipped the car multiple times and died so this is spirit Lucky you are talking to. :nom:

Bruh lollll those names of places :o are so weird

I have no doubt that you’ve probs driven more in two years than I’ll drive in my whole life 

And Oof I hope the car was okay. We wouldn’t want it to get too badly hurt ☹️ 

4 minutes ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Bruh lollll those names of places :o are so weird

I have no doubt that you’ve probs driven more in two years than I’ll drive in my whole life 

And Oof I hope the car was okay. We wouldn’t want it to get too badly hurt ☹️ 

I've been driving since I was 5 years old. :ButtercupLaugh: Back then it was ATVs of course. I didn't drive a vehicle until I was 15.

No lol that night I didn't wreck, I just felt my eyes droop and the swerving of the vehicle snapped me back awake. Close enough though. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I've been driving since I was 5 years old. :ButtercupLaugh: Back then it was ATVs of course. I didn't drive a vehicle until I was 15.

No lol that night I didn't wreck, I just felt my eyes droop and the swerving of the vehicle snapped me back awake. Close enough though. 

Honestly this is just scaring me even more to the point that I don’t ever want to drive lol. Sounds way too risky 

Yes.

I've accidentally fallen asleep while watching a YouTube video and while watching movies in class.

One time (and everybody will hate me for this) I fell asleep watching Mission Impossible in the theater with my parents. 

However, I CANNOT fall asleep in vehicles, no matter how tired I am. 

12 minutes ago, Princess of Bolts 🔥 said:

Honestly this is just scaring me even more to the point that I don’t ever want to drive lol. Sounds way too risky 

Risky, yes. But fun, yes. :D 

• Brohoof 1

I mean, I've fallen asleep while reading books in bed before. I've even fallen asleep at my computer desk before too while on YouTube late at night. But falling asleep anywhere else? Not really. Well, maybe in the car if it's super late but only while I'm not driving :sealed:   

I have fallen asleep while driving a few times thanks to a little thing called highway hypnosis. One of these times was almost very very serious.

I knew a marine years ago who, while in training, was made to march 15 miles with no sleep in the last day and a half or something. She fell asleep on mile 1 and woke up at mile 15. She marched in her sleep with her eyes open the whole way.

• Brohoof 1

I have driven home after night shift a few times. One time I pulled over and did some pushups to get my heart racing. Also I would talk to myself. It is a differnent kind of tired. I feel totally awake but suddenly my arms and head will drop, and it wakes me up. Other times I get tunnel vision on the road and my peripheral goes blurry. I decided that it is better to just sleep a few hours before driving. I'm going to sleep when I get home anyway, so what does it matter? Also, I don't sleep well if I try to stay up too long. I end up just being tired all day. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 4:12 AM, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I have fallen asleep while driving a few times thanks to a little thing called highway hypnosis.

This is why we need self driving cars, so we can fall asleep and do Facebook in our cell phones during driving.

• Brohoof 1

No matter how tired I am I can never fall asleep as long as my mind is actively engaged in thought or action. But if I’m relaxed, like sitting in front of a movie or reading a book, I’ll conk out like a light.

• Brohoof 1

No! No matter what I do, I can't. When I listen to videos or music with headphones on, I can't fully fall asleep. Maybe it's some kind of half sleeping? I still hear everything, even though the vision turns all black - super weird.

I had to read a book by the next day for school once and I think I feel asleep with my eyes open. I could see my bed where I was sitting and everything but I couldn’t tell if I was reading or not. My mom woke me up later and told me I was sleeping. It was a strange experience, but at least I passed the little reading test afterwards!