Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things You Like To Eat That Most People Don't?

Denim&Venöm

Sushi! A lot of people say, "Eww. Sushi is raw fish, I don't eat raw fish! That's just gross." 

Not all sushi is raw. Yes, it can be made raw, but for the places I've been, they normally write if it is raw on their menus. And I'm sure if you asked them they would inform you. The restaurant where I order mine from cooks all of their fish and shellfish! It's sooo good too!  

Edited by Amethyst~

braunschweiger (or as most Americans know it... liverwurst)

I grew up eating the stuff with my grandpa and love the stuff to this day. A slice or two of braunschweiger some onion and either provolone or muenster cheese and ya got yourselves a mighty fine sandwich!!

I also enjoy liverwurst.  As part of a project in middle school, I provided snacks for the class that represented the country of Germany: Liverwurst on pumpernickel bread.  I...  Ended up collecting and eating the snacks that other students weren't willing to consume.  Worked out fine for me.  I think I've also spread liverwurst on Mestemacher pumpernickel that I found on Amazon.

Green olives.  Black olives.  Whatever kind of olives.  I can eat the green ones like candy.

Black licorice; one of my favorite candies.  I've even gone so far as to purchase the infamous salty Finnish licorice salmiakki at a friend's recommendation.  (Really, I think he was just hoping I'd be horrified by it.)  My favorite, though, is probably Darrell Lea soft-eating black liquorice.

Anchovies too. To my knowledge i dont know anyone else who likes them

I enjoy anchovies.  I liked to toss them into cooked rice or onto pizzas from which I'd removed the cheese.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Blue cheese <3 I love that stuff. I also like most vegetables, I love sprouts and broccoli. A lot of people I know hate tomatoes and I like them.

I like most food tbh :P

two things come to my mind:

1st    is sour warheads any flavor (blue raspberry is my favorite)

2nd   wasabi peas.

I love Warheads, they give me mouth ulcers though so I avoid them :P I also like eating raw lemons but they give me ulcers too >.>

Edited by Kayleigh

(edited)

when I was living in Alaska, I got many chances to eat muktuk (whale blubber: skin and fat).

I found it fascinating, but most non-natives hated it.  heck, about...1/4 of the natives that I met hated it!

If chewing on skin and fat doesn't sound appealing to you...its possible that you wouldn't like it either.  

Fish sticks, not sure about anyone else here, but my family think they're disgusting (I disagree)

Anything that REQUIRES ketchup to hide the mediocre taste is not a great food.

but they are edible with ketchup

Edited by weesh

I have a terrible sense of taste. As such, i like to eat foods with a strong, noticeable flavor. One in particular is onions. I would eat an Onion about as easily as one would eat an apple.

It would have to be Spam, the canned precooked meat, not the junk mail in a person's inbox. One way I enjoy it prepared is to fry the slices in a pan to get a little crisp on the edges.

I could understand why other people dislike it, but from where I live the canned meat has been used in almost everything. Spam is good, considering how I've grown up eating them when there isn't anything to eat or just needed something quickly to fill me up.

• Brohoof 2

Peanut butter, grape jelly (not jam, has to be jelly) and pickle sandwiches! 

OH MY STARS! it is so good! You have the sweet and the salty, the softness of the bread and the crunch of the pickles! Amazing! 

Something I do eat but don't like is coffee grounds. Sounds disgusting, but you get way more of the beneficial elelements of coffee this way. Sounds weird, and it tatstes weird, but it's not inedible. People eat coffee beans anyway.

I have a terrible sense of taste. As such, i like to eat foods with a strong, noticeable flavor. One in particular is onions. I would eat an Onion about as easily as one would eat an apple.

My grandfather was the same. He would also drink undiluted squash :P That was probably due to the fact that he smoked 20+ cigarettes (and pipes) daily since he was about 16.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

People don't like candy corn?!?!?! What is this madness?  ah well, more for me!

Other than that, I enjoy anise as a flavor, which includes things such as black licorice and absinthe... I also like spinach cooked with apple cider vinegar, brussel sprouts, anchovies, chewy bacon (as opposed to crunchy), tofu, fois gras as a topping or garnish, tappenade, super sweet sodas (such as Jones Cream soda, which tastes like drinking the marshmallows from Lucky Charms)

hmmm..... I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of things, but these are just off the top of my head.

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

It would have to be Spam, the canned precooked meat, not the junk mail in a person's inbox. One way I enjoy it prepared is to fry the slices in a pan to get a little crisp on the edges.

I could understand why other people dislike it, but from where I live the canned meat has been used in almost everything. Spam is good, considering how I've grown up eating them when there isn't anything to eat or just needed something quickly to fill me up.

I like spam myself. don't see anything wrong with it. It's greatest (best) when deep fried and put in with scrambled eggs.

Now there is one food that I haven't see on this list yet and that food is ... poi.

curious as to if somepony does like it and what the taste reminds them of.

Spinach i could eat in tons, if you give me potatoes and eggs with it. Till this day, i have no idea why people give spinach so much hate.

• Brohoof 1

Mushrooms. A lot of people seem to have a problem with Mushrooms, and I can't quite understand why. They're just the perfect thing to spice up a meal with; spread over beef, potatoes, salads, you name it. I'd never turn them down, and yet most people I've asked would.

• Brohoof 1