Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you sleep?

CastletonSnob

Emmm... horizontally? With closed eyes (usually)?

But seriously, I love much space.

What are the benefits to such a practice?

It's obvious. You can save some money and a lot of space in the room if you don't use bed or sofa at all.

Edited by Crypty

I'm a light sleeper, so it's usually important to me to fall asleep soundly and without interruptions. I prefer sticking to the wall and avoiding most physical contact so i'll easily fall asleep.

I also reduce my area by slightly curling into a semi-fetal position because i don't get enough of the blanket. I tried spooning before but i end up with hairs in my face and a sleepy arm. It also doesn't help that my two cats like to up and curl against me purring like crazy just when sleep's about to hit me.

Nowadays, i just go about 40 minutes earlier to bed just to make sure i get to fall asleep proper.

How I sleep solely depends on where I'm sleeping and what's around me.

I only sleep comfortably in my own bed, all by myself. At sleepovers, I toss and turn all night, and the sound of people breathing is not helpful, either.

As for my sleeping position, it changes a lot. Sometimes I can sleep on my back, but lately the curve in my spine has been bugging me, so sleeping on my side has been more comfortable. I tend to prop up my pillows and make an indentation for my head.

I grind my teeth at night.

I have auditory hallucinations right before falling asleep.

Sometimes if I fall asleep on my back i get sleep paralysis and I have to fight like crazy to get out of it and usually I'm thrashing around or screaming when I come to.

I dream about people I know and places I've been.

On average I get about 6 hours of restful sleep a night and it works for me. I'd like to get more though. I'd like to sleep for a thousand years.

Pretty simply. I crawl into my prepped bed, being very careful not to untuck the blankets. I turn over on my right side to face the wall, grab a stuffed animal to hug and then close my eyes. Then I usually fall asleep in a few very brief minutes. Unless I'm being a derp and browsing the web instead of going to bed right away. *cough cough*

My legs are usually in very random positions, kind of like I'm in a running or leaping pose. I also might have conversations with myself about the plan for the next morning, weird or annoying dreams or just things in general.

Edited by Celtore

• 2 weeks later...