Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you sleep?

CastletonSnob

First off, I determine what the surrounding temperature is to see if I should use the blanket, then keep a small pillow close. Often enough, I lay flat on my back or turn to my sides in order to get comfortable and eventually go to sleep.

sleep pretty well :D  I remember like ages ago I used to have terrible sleep problems and now for some reason I can go out like a light in 10 minutes and not wake up until the next morning x)  

If you are talking about what position you lie in then I switch about alot, usually in the morning my sheets are totally off and I'm led face down on the pillow, my housemate says I talk alot in my sleep too   :dash:

Probably far too little, but between work and training I want some time off so I get to bed quite late. Thus far I've managed, but I guess the moment will come I'll need to start compromising.

When I do actually sleep I sleep well, though. Generally I lie on my side, though between my initial alarm and the snooze fifteen minutes later I turn onto my back because the slightly less comfortable position sort of keeps me awake while still allowing me to get the maximum out of my time in bed.

not sure if I replied already, can't be bothered to check (bite me)

nightmares on usual nights, hopefully not tonight

Sometimes panicy sweating or insomnia.. 

Otherwise *in relativity to what i just said* okay

also, on my belly

Edited by ARagY

My room is unusually warm for some odd reasons. So, I've made it a habit to keep my door open before I go to bed. If I forget (Which is often) I have to open it or I can't sleep.

I have a small, very hard, decorative pillow that I snuggle when I sleep at night. I even prefer to use it as a main pillow sometimes.

I can't sleep unless someone else is in the house with me. They don't have to be active. As long I know someone that I trust is there in case something happens then I can rest well that I know I am protected.

I sleep whenever I can, which isn't much. Either it's midday or my mom is watching videos on loud volume. She's an inconsiderate night owl who thinks you should deal with her watching videos in the middle of the night with loud volume without using headphones them yelling at you for cooking during the day time.

First I'll say, "time to sleep"

Then I'll roll about for 15 minutes in deep thought.

Then I'll get up and use the internet.

Then I roll around for awhile in bed in deep thought.

Then I'll remember a bunch of things and get back up and use the internet.

So after several hours of this, I usually pass out before 5 am or so.

I sleep like a literal rock. I have slept through hammers, fire alarms, and so many shouts and alarms. BUT! For some reason, I become the most flexible person ever and I end up hanging off the side of my bed (Tall bed, desk under the actual bed) with my feet, about to fall. I HAVE GUARD RAILS SO I DON'T FALL OFF! How does this happen????

Edited by Shadow Elecktra

I usually fall asleep on my back or stomach, but when I wake up I find myself curled up on my side, facing the wall in a pile of blankets. I'm usually boiling hot at this point, and I honestly don't know how I do it. Lately, I've also been falling asleep with my glasses on, so I wake up with my lens all smudged.

I prefer laying on my back or my right side, but am okay with my left side since I toss and turn alot.  I cannot sleep on my stomach, at all.  I have too many neck problems for that.

My preference for how long I sleep would be between 7 to 8 hours per night.  I can manage if I only get 5 or 6, though.  On the other hand, sometimes I have random fits of insomnia... It's rare, but it happens now and again.  I think the causes have to do with having ADHD, and an inconsistent circadian rhythm. 

~ Miles

I sleep very randomly and my hours are never the same its  either sleeping for 2 to 5 hours day or night or sleeping for most of the day then i just randomly sleep were ever i want to like a cat  :squee:

I lie on my back (sometimes on my side) under the covers in my bed. I wear pajamas during the colder months, and just wear underwear in the summer. On especially hot days, I sleep on top of the covers.

Edited by Grepper

• 2 weeks later...

Sleep at about 11pm, sometimes earlier, sometimes later, and get up at around 6:50am for school! 

I tend to sleep very dreamlessly - I don't dream much, and when I do, it's normally a nightmare. 

I'm a side sleeper - I just can't sleep on my back, and curling up on my side is so nice (especially in Winter!)

• 3 years later...

I typically tend to switch positions a LOT before falling asleep but eventually I always end up falling asleep on my stomach. And most nights I tend to kick the blankets off before or during falling asleep but then pull them back up again at some point in the middle of the night. :derp:

I’m also a restless sleeper. Good luck ever getting to sleep next to me cause I’m always moving around. :laugh:

(edited)

i can't sleep without hugging a pillow

maybe it's a signal of my loneliness or something but i like to hug my pillow

Edited by mini
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I sleep with the fan on and typically with a plushie. I do know that don't get nearly enough sleep as I should, which is something I've been needing to work on for over the past 5 years.